ck3 (DayZ)

How does trading in this even work?

Just wondering, how does trading in this game even work? Do you people just show up somewhere to meet somebody and hope to bloody hell you don't get sniped?

Do you people just show up somewhere to meet somebody and hope to bloody hell you don't get sniped?

Pretty much. Or you just find it yourself. Sucks that there is so much killing on sight that there really isn't much reason to bother trying to trade. On the other side of that, though, there isn't much in this game that I both feel that I need and can't find on my own.

• Like 2

Look at the Traders and Traitors: Official List topic. There are plenty of people who have had successful trades--more trades that went good as opposed to going bad.

• Like 3

My inner bandit tempted me so much to kill someone who wanted to trade with me, but if I do, I would feel guilty(Messed up LOL). It's pretty safe to trade, you find a small server with no one on it and trade. People are often nice.

on vanilla, except for "i'll drop it in this zombie-corpse, you in that one over there", there isn't much you can do to protect yourself. But there isn't money so trading isn't really a feature atm.

Some maps offer trading zones, where you get banned if you kill people. this helps in making trades more safe, but causes the problem, that some people don't think safe-zones should be part of dayZ.

But the only non-NPC, non-Safezone version of trade I could come up with, would be a bunker-type, with two entrances on opposite sides, a wall in the middle, and a stash that can be accessed from both sides. The only system I could come up with so far, that would give a barrier, so people couldn't shoot each other; allow to exchange items and a somewhat safe retreat, as both parties exit on different sides.

Personally I think, this is something, that depends a lot on how the "Story" around the whole zombie-incident will be. Depending on how events unfolded to the day, that symbolizes the first spawning of any player, some solutions would make more or less sense. Also the still open decision on wether to use NPCs or not, makes a lot of difference.

tl;dr: lots of issues to think about, when tackling trade, but at the moment, trading is "all your gear, for a bullet to your head"

edit:

My inner bandit tempted me so much to kill someone who wanted to trade with me, but if I do, I would feel guilty(Messed up LOL). It's pretty safe to trade, you find a small server with no one on it and trade. People are often nice.

True, people are often nice. But more often I get stuff others don't need for free, or we exchange free stuff, rather than trading, including barter. On rare occasions, some clans offered "wheel for dmr" or "wheel for ghillie" on side, when they wanted a car fixed, but I'd consider that to be a quest, rather than trade.

But there are also these "wanna trade?" "no, thx" "you got a nice gun" "oh, yeah, thanks" "that wasn't a compliment. drop it, or I drop you" -events, that can piss one off.. kinda takes the use out of trade, if the other one can just take what he wants.

Edited by liquidmind

There are a lot of good people out there, like inception said look at the traders and traitors list and you can't go far wrong. If you are in any doubt then Have a friend on over watch with a sniper just in case.....I like to see the good in everyone, I'm sure it will come back to bite me on the arse one day!

Edited by EdgarFriendly

There is a Traders And Traitors list where you can see who is worth trading with and who isn't

Usually 2 people just arange a meet up on a server and drop the items they want to trade and done unless he shoot you in the face.

Go play that new dayz mod for a mod, can't remember name starts with a e but it has a currency and stuff