I came up with this idea looking at a 'explosive zombie' suggestion... witch is silly, it's not L4D.

but...

What if we could capture a zombie and booby trap them from there. Say we put a explosive vest on them and trigger it by 'calling the phone'. Or a grenade that's had it's pin pulled but wont blow up until the zombie has been looted. since the spoon hasn't been released. Could do the same with a smoke grenade, so when it's been triggered, all the surrounding zombies come'a run-n.

we could also have two walls around a base, and trap them between the two walls as way of defending the base.

The idea's are countless, limited only by the person who captured a zombie creativity.

since the zombies are not dead people, you could tranquilize them and from there sit them up in the way you want. You could use the collar with a pole attached to it to move them... and have cages to keep them in... like the lion cages at a zoo.

Or have one of those horse transportation trucks to move them around. You could drive up to someone and release 10 zombies on them!

aye? ;)

• Like 4

awesome, very rot and ruin ish, read the book

Realism Is a very important aspect, but... The game would be weird if that much detail was put into such a small subject. The idea is cool, but it would make that weird and also O.P.

it doesnt mater if its wierd, i want to make a area like game land, tranqulize players, take all of there stuff, fling them into a pit full of like 20 zombies, with only a crowbar, and take bets of beanz

• Like 3

I like the ideal of booby traps. I doubt booby trapping a zombie would do much *the vest ideal might work since when one runs up to a player to attack him you can blow it up* but most players don't take the time to loot zombies. Unless their in a safe spot. Booby trapping player bodies would be awesome. Also we would need a way to spot it. Otherwise it would be op.

I like the ideal of booby traps. I doubt booby trapping a zombie would do much *the vest ideal might work since when one runs up to a player to attack him you can blow it up* but most players don't take the time to loot zombies. Unless their in a safe spot. Booby trapping player bodies would be awesome. Also we would need a way to spot it. Otherwise it would be op.

Put some semi-valuable loot on him, and he'll get looted. I would imagine it would say something like 'M67 frag grenade - missing spoon' in the zombie's inventory, as well.

Realism Is a very important aspect, but... The game would be weird if that much detail was put into such a small subject. The idea is cool, but it would make that weird and also O.P.

Zombies are a huge part of the environment(PVE) in dayZ and so is PVP.. I feel combining PVP and PVE isn't a small subject, but perfect for a game like this that is about freedom and social experience.. etc.

as far as realism... what? Using zombies as a weapon is very authentic.. 1st kill I got in the game was wounding a player and letting zombies eat him.

and I agree about it needing to be visible or a clue or something... Maybe in the gear menu there will be a grenade with out the pin or something subtle. But I loot zombies all the time, great source of beans and pepsi's ;)

anyway it can be hits or misses but that's the risk of any trap... just got to be creative with the bait ;)

well the cost to make one would balance it out

awesome, very rot and ruin ish, read the book

Amazing read, definetly get it. I figured if I went on a zombie apocalypse game I would eventually find someone else who read it, or can even take the time to read books at all! :)

• Like 1

I don't really like the vest idea, but the grenades sound cool:

Me: Yeah, theres a AK-47 on that zombie, go loot it.

N00b: o yea ok il go-

Freakin' BOOM!!

Me: lololololololololololol

But, how do you capture the zombies exactly? And how would you tell if they've been booby-trapped?

@Perigrin

Is that you in your profile pic?

Ahh, the small gem in that turd pile. Captureing zombies I think would be a cool aspect to add, but as far as booby trapping them (other than with a satchel charge or remote bomb) I'm not so sure about. Capturing zombies might lead to some fun things, think I saw someone mention 'arenas' with player vs Zombies in a more controlled environment. Maybe make zombies the 'guard dogs' of player bases? Capture 3 or 4 zombies and get some chains, tie em to a tree near your base entrance. Knock em out and tie em to a tree for some kind of morbid target practice.

Possible Endgame: Finding a 'cure' by capturing living specimens and experimenting on them in a player base lab (don't know what the reward would really be for it though other than bragging rights)

The Walking Dead... Yep. And If you say "I haven't watched TWD since the 1st season"

we could also have two walls around a base, and trap them between the two walls as way of defending the base. (Well, this one is in Comics, so I thought I would include it in this post)

You could use the collar with a pole attached to it to move them... and have cages to keep them in... like the lion cages at a zoo.

Or have one of those horse transportation trucks to move them around. You could drive up to someone and release 10 zombies on them!

Edited by Sutinen

even if it is in The Walking Dead, who cares they don't have copy rights on the idea. Please shove the walking dead and their predictable and horrible acting up your ass. No offence of course. But having someone through a crap TV show in my face ever 3 post is a bit annoying. The idea isn't original, there are books that came before The Walking Dead that are using zombies as weapons.

Freakin' BOOM!!

But, how do you capture the zombies exactly? And how would you tell if they've been booby-trapped?

@Perigrin

You can tranquilizer them them maybe, use non lethal rounds... use the Carthage vs Rome tactic where you bait them in and box them in.

You could kill a bandit and use his body as bait and then box them in from there... many different ways

Edited by Bullfrog

Don't hate on the Animal Control Pole Leash just because it was in Walking Dead. They could either be looted or 'home made'/crafted. (saw one made with a length of PVC pipe, two pipe caps and some steel cable)

Might 'kill' the zombie but maybe bear traps? There's 'no kill' traps in the beartrap style (no teeth, the steel clamps are covered in rubber padding), but I think their outlawed in a lot of places world wide because they proved they were actually LESS humane than the ones with spikes and teeth (higher chance of breaking a leg, animal would usually chew their leg off to escape and bleed out anyway).

And i thought this thread was going to be about undead sex slaves... :(

It can be if you want ;) That's the beauty of it!

Loot suggestion, Ball gags, latex mittens, ring gags. And their not undead, just feral and unwashed...nother loot suggestion, condoms.

I'm joking if you can't tell.

Loot suggestion, Ball gags, latex mittens, ring gags. And their not undead, just feral and unwashed...nother loot suggestion, condoms.

I'm joking if you can't tell.

Screw condoms, the survivors DayZ are immune so who cares...just don't try to get a BJ done... :lol:

Screw condoms, the survivors DayZ are immune so who cares...just don't try to get a BJ done... :lol:

We're only immune to the zombie virus, not any sort of STDs. That's what ring gags are for.

...well this topic's ooc went downhill quickly.

Freakin' BOOM!!

@Perigrin

no, beleive it or not, i was searching painting of brotherhood of steel guy, so its actually a 3d rendering, cool right

it doesnt mater if its wierd, i want to make a area like game land, tranqulize players, take all of there stuff, fling them into a pit full of like 20 zombies, with only a crowbar, and take bets of beanz

:beans: