coyote1234

Flamed for hacking (You may not eat or drink while in vehicle)!

Hey guys,

I just started to play DayZ 2 days ago.

Today I went on a public (french) server and was just running along the coast as (like 4min into the game) a guys started to insult and flame me for hacking/cheating in global chat.

First, I do no cheat nor hack, I dont even know how my inventory works yet, not to mention that even if I wanted I had no clue how to hack.

Second, I tried to explain it to the guy, but he didnt listen. He started to tell me, that he's gonna report me for it.

Well, I just thought, ignore it and move on. About 20min later another guy started blaming me for hacking when i asked in the global chat this question: "Why do I get the message:"You may not eat or drink while in vehicle", while im obviously not in a car?".

Tl,dr I disconnected from the server due to nearly starving because i couldnt eat (which is btw my scnd question..why didnt it work?) and scared that more people are gonna flame me for hacking..

I did NOT hack or anything, do I have to fear anything? He said he's gonna report me..I dunno how to prove that I did not cheat..

greetings

coyote

If you weren't hacking I don't think you need to worry. He wouldn't have any proof, or logs of you hacking, so you should be alright.

Edited by INickeragua
  • Like 3

Were you on fr1 or a Mad Sin server ?

Did you also have the broken bone icon at the time you received the "you may not eat or drink while in vehicle" message ?

I have seen this twice before but I am not sure where the problem comes from.

Can you you tell me if you fired a weapon when this kicked in and on which server it happened.

Disconnecting and joining another server fixes this, btw.

I''m not convinced it's a hack or script being used.

If anybody has any information concerning this, please post here.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I think they were just trolling you dude ... if your side is clear then nothing will happen. Worse case if they are friends with an admin and/or the admin is a pr**k, you might get banned from that server (not globally banned so don't panic).

I recommend you find another server to play on. If you play on European servers, send me a PM and I will give you the details for my Public Hive Server.

Good luck and mind the trolls. :)

Internet-Troll.jpg

Off-Topic

You have completly missed the reason of this Topic.

It is not about Trolls, it is not about your Private Hve, what you have posted is completly Off-Topic.

If you have nothing constructive to add about the problem then do not post.

There is a script/hack, or there is a problem with the game build.

I am trying to collect information.

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you also have the broken bone icon at the time you received the "you may not eat or drink while in vehicle" message ?

Can you you tell me if you fired a weapon when this kicked in and on which server it happened.

Thanks.

Exact same thing happened last night.. weird. I logged out, and checked my map because I thought maybe the new hotfix caused this bug. I figured the broken bone was for some reason keeping from eating so I needed to get some Morphine. I could run around no problem and not bleeding, but had a broken bone symbol, and could not eat with the same message that would pop up about vehicles.

It kicked in when I got shot at by a bandit, who missed.. but I was attacking a Zed so I thought the Zed must have got me somehow.

After I logged back in all was well.. except I missing my loot from the last 5 minutes before I logged out.

Edited by lrish

You have completly missed the reason of this Topic.

It is not about Trolls, it is not about your Private Hve, what you have posted is completly Off-Topic.

If you have nothing constructive to add about the problem then do not post.

There is a script/hack, or there is a problem with the game build.

I am trying to collect information.

Thanks for your feedback.

Happened to me a hacker broke everyone legs In the server, we could run but had the icon. This was on the.previous update. we just logged out and came back later

Thanks.

I had the same thing with a friend. False broken bone and can't consume items. We relogged to the server just to notice it no longer worked. The loading progress never got to character creation on that one server. Then it simply reported an unknown error.

After a few server restarts we could join the game again properly.

Edited by THE_BURNDOWN

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. I dont know about the Fr1, but I am pretty sure it was no MadSin-server and I do not remember the server name, it was build 1.7.6.1 and 102598, sorry.

I dont know if this meant broken bone, but I had a white symbol with something teared apart on the right side..but I could still run/walk. And I did not fire a weapon (as long as hatchet doesnt count).

I am going to play later on and check if connecting to another server will fix the problems.

PS: You mean that broken leg could be caused by a hacker (--> the real hacker on the server whom people thought I was?)? That would explain something.

I think they were just trolling you dude ... if your side is clear then nothing will happen. Worse case if they are friends with an admin and/or the admin is a pr**k, you might get banned from that server (not globally banned so don't panic).

I recommend you find another server to play on. If you play on European servers, send me a PM and I will give you the details for my Public Hive Server.

Good luck and mind the trolls. :)

I am glad to hear that, it's just that you can never know as a newbie how mighty other players/server admins might be :/!

I do want to play on European servers, I'm just waiting for a friend of mine to buy the game, too, so we can start as a group ;)!

And, of course, I'd very much appreciate your offer, I will pm you.

PS: Public Hive means that I can play with my character on other public servers too, right?

Thanks for all the answers, greetings!