vv211

mags disappearing from inventory

Date/Time: from around 12pm ET to 5pm ET

What happened:

i was on a server, had to kill a few zeds cause i got discovered, and had used probably 10 rounds from my mag. later on i got kicked for high ping (this happens to me a lot) so i joined a new server. i started looting a building and noticed that i was missing a magazine from my inventory. ok, whatever, shit happens in alpha.

not too long afterwards i start losing connection, so i need to disconnect and find a new server. it just so happens that i again and unloaded a round or two previously into a potentially threatening zed. when i join the new server, i'm missing yet ANOTHER magazine of ammo

long story short, it seems that whenever i use a round from a magazine and then disconnect, when i re-connect that magazine is mysteriously missing from my inventory and so i need to replace it with a full one.

this is particularly annoying to me because 1: i use the mp5sd, and the mags for that have a less than 2% chance of spawning (happy hunting) and 2: i have a piss poor connection so i'm frequently losing connection or being booted for a high ping. i've lost 3 or 4 mags for that already, and now i'm not sure that i can use it for fear of losing my last mag and it becoming dead weight.

i'm not sure if this happens with sidearms as well, but its not something i want to test.

Where was I: all over the place

What was I doing: fired some rounds, lost the magazine on a reconnect

*current installed version: 1.7.1.1 beta 93825

*server i was on: dont remember, but quite a few

*system specs: i7 quad core, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Radeon HD 6770M

*timeline of events before/after error: before error i was running 1.7, after error i was running 1.7.1.1

p.s. this is a repost cause i didnt follow the outline the first time :P

p.p.s.

if a dev would like to give me back a mag or two of mp5sd ammo, i'd be more than happy to take it :D

I have also had this issue, though I was running 1.7.1.1 both times. I also noticed my box of matches was missing. In my instance I was missing M1911 mags after logging in, and most of those mags should have been full. Lost all but one from logging in only once.

drop the mp5 and switch to a gun that you can find ammo, like makarov :D Why do you shoot rare bullets if you already know you cant find it easily.

I have lost few dmr magazines but its no problem since you will eventually find new mags for it (players usually carry them) and i use dmr as a secondary rifle.

drop the mp5 and switch to a gun that you can find ammo' date=' like makarov :D Why do you shoot rare bullets if you already know you cant find it easily.

I have lost few dmr magazines but its no problem since you will eventually find new mags for it (players usually carry them) and i use dmr as a secondary rifle.

[/quote']

i prefer to sneak past zeds and avoid other people, so i don't usually have to shoot however i would like to be able to if i need to.

p.p.s.

if a dev would like to give me back a mag or two of mp5sd ammo' date=' i'd be more than happy to take it :D

[/quote']

*lawl* :P I'am no dev but you can have mine ... lets meet in Cherno ... heh-heh

Attention:

This is intended behavior.

Seems like Arma2 can't save how many bullets you have left in your mag when you leave, so they would be full when you log back in ... to prevent exploits Rocket said he would randomly despawn "used" mags. ... It's somewhere on the forum ... to lazy to search.

I have had this twice today with both an Ak74 and winchester, partially used mags disappearing upon logging out and logging back in.

ok as long as its intended then im not upset

Yeah supposedely Arma Devs patched Arma 2 to keep track of ammo properly in a recent beta patch, so now we just gotta wait for Rocket to include the support, no more disappearing mags and no more exploiting mags and everyones happy

Yup this is happening to me to. I was switching servers to find some good human hunting grounds which I eventually did... Only I had lost the 2 mags I brought somehow.

Yeah, it happens when you fire even one bullet out of the mag. Relog, whole clip is gone. And yes, I only play the good servers with 1.7.0-1.7.1.