Sign in to follow this  
Dango

Different Ammunition

i figure with the new armor and what not for SA why not have new types of ammo. incendiary, armor piercing, hollow point, buck shot, bird shot, explosive ect. i think it would be quite nert.

... Or to be another CoD / BF3 / [iNSERT OTHER TITLE HERE] style game ... or should it be a Zombie Survival Game.

Maybe in the next season of Walking Dead they will all have AT4's and High Explosive rounds ... that would be awesome to watch ... NOT!!!

Do you want the game to take another year to make?

its not really a must have at the start. if they are making it like how they did minecraft it would be fine.

... Or to be another CoD / BF3 / [iNSERT OTHER TITLE HERE] style game ... or should it be a Zombie Survival Game.

Maybe in the next season of Walking Dead they will all have AT4's and High Explosive rounds ... that would be awesome to watch ... NOT!!!

yeah, who said the military uses incendiary rounds though.. or armor piercing. i mean it would be rare but not game breaking difference.

http://dayzmod.com/f...munition-types/

they should include:

-armor piercing (rare military)

-expanding/hollow-point bullets

nothing fancy like exploding or incendiary ..

Edited by UmBe

yeah, who said the military uses incendiary rounds though.. or armor piercing.

Who else would be using them?

yeah, who said the military uses incendiary rounds though.. or armor piercing. i mean it would be rare but not game breaking difference.

I thought the military only used armor piercing rounds? There's some kind of treaty about it being inhumane to shoot at people with hollow points...

I thought the military only used armor piercing rounds? There's some kind of treaty about it being inhumane to shoot at people with hollow points...

Is this what you mean?

The Hague Convention of 1899, Declaration III, prohibited the use in international warfare of bullets that easily expand or flatten in the body.[3] This is often incorrectly believed to be prohibited in the Geneva Conventions, but it significantly predates those conventions, and is in fact a continuance of the St. Petersburg Declaration of 1868, which banned exploding projectiles of less than 400 grams, as well as weapons designed to aggravate injured soldiers or make their death inevitable. NATO members do not use small arms ammunition that is prohibited by the Hague Convention.

Despite the ban on military use, hollow-point bullets are one of the most common types of civilian and police ammunition,[citation needed] due largely to the reduced risk of bystanders being hit by over-penetrating or ricocheted bullets, and the increased speed of incapacitation.

Edited by burritoman259
  • Like 1

Not that it really matters right? A tank crew shot a guy with an RPG who wanted to fire on their Abrams...the gunner's fastest option was Sabot...

Having two different bullet types is ok, we already have slugs and pellets for shotguns/winchester. Having armor piercing would add some flavor but isn't really necessary, i don't think ( or at least don't know if ) Rocket adds/added high class body armor that can stop rifle rounds. It's bonus is useless on unarmored targets anyway.

Edited by Enforcer