Sign in to follow this  
Tunusa

How much realism is too much for the SA?

You are talking about a Zed survival game forum. Of course Zeds are always part of the equation. People want to play a authentic Zed survival game. While itching your nose is a funny joke, things like a realistic medical system, is worth consideration.

have you visited the suggestion side of the forum on the past month?

For some reason players believe that making the game have more "realism" and behave more like real life will make the game a lot better and in turn it won't make the game any funner if anything people will be complaining more about the game because the game is too realistic.

of course I have. The medical thing is an example. I would like lots of realism. Even if it isn't exciting. I still find entertainment from role-playing and mundane things can be fun too.

Just to be clear I am not assuming the dev team is going to ruin the game. I have faith in Rocket and others on the team that they have a direction they are aiming for and will produce something great when all is said and done.

I posed the question to see what the community had to say. Because on one hand I agree that every ounce of added realism no matter how "boring and mundane" it is on the surface can really help suck a player into the world the devs are trying to create. On the other, I am unsure if all these little touches of realism when added together will still produce their intended effect months after first doing them and the "new" and "cool" factor has worn off. Too much of a good thing can be bad.

Weapons, ballistics, wounding, etc are what I care about the most. I want that as real as possible.

I don't really care too much about other stuff as long as it's not too far out there. I don't need my character actually taking several days to die of thirst.

Why do you care just about weaponry? Are you a cold-blooded bandit or something?

For me, realism is an ingame balance tool. Not an ultimate objective to achieve above everything else. This means, if we need to reduce camping snipers, we add wind effect on bullet's trajectory, because is real and also helps balance the game.

But, on the other side of the equation, if we need to add a 3 month recovering time from a broken leg, then we're doing something wrong.

So realism should be a balance tool. Not just realism for the sake of realism.

Edited by p4triot

I'm only going to have an issue with realism if the team suddenly decides to implement some ridiculously complex feature that would delay the game's release by 12 months

Edited by TheSodesa

By the almost ridiculous amount of realism the forum wants in dayz makes me think...why the hell don't you just go outside if you want realism?

that's why i joined some "Survival-Zombi-Courses" in Real life and i do some nice Survival trips outdoor assuming every Person could be Bandit or Z'd so better not be seen at all!

There's no zombies in Scotland for me to chop with a hatchet.

Has Buckfast been removed from sale now then?

I'm for more reality for shooting guns. more sway while aiming after running or while standing, cold or hurt.

You should only have a completely stable aim while standing beside a wall, tree or while prone.

Should cut down on accuracy and prolong encounters with other players.

Skip the minutia such as how to open a can of food, or how to go about wiping ass. Toilet paper is not neccessary. You could use any number of items.