rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.2

Yes!!!! thank you Rocket,

ii have just 1 question.... will the melee weapons be pratical?

(in killing, silence, speed etc)

i have for one do not wish to swing an axe 3 times to kill a zed :dodgy:, nor do i want it to be as slow as molasses (<-- spell fail?) if you catch my drift.

Otherwise i thank you for your hard work i remeber playing when there was only 5-6 servers up :blush:, and look at what has blossomed . i just now decided to make a forum account on this patch, just because i truly believe you deserve the praise for your hardwork :P

With Sickboy's help' date=' I just discovered a very very crazy engine error that we have managed to fix. it was the source of all the troubles. Super weird, super crazy, memory trampling issue.

[/quote']

Me love sickboy long time if in fact this does fix all the troubles!

Prone Nerf was something you did. And you never REVERTED it FULLY. Fix it.

Posting baby crying pictures is old hat' date=' so have a sad kitten instead:

[img']http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-F6oDUon8ba8/T5a1dD7bBpI/AAAAAAAADZ8/foI2zwJVYgY/s1600/sad_kitten.jpg

With that type of demanding, rude attitude, I hope rocket nerfs prone further just so you cry at night when you try to sleep.

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

Thank God!

Helllllll yeah. How long does it usually take servers to keep up with the updates after they are released?

Too long.

With Sickboy's help' date=' I just discovered a very very crazy engine error that we have managed to fix. it was the source of all the troubles. Super weird, super crazy, memory trampling issue.

[/quote']

Very nice!

Hmm maybe this means I can go into area's with buildings and not have to turn all GFX settings from high down to low. :)

I can at least hope! hehe

[/quote']

Very nice!

Hmm maybe this means I can go into area's with buildings and not have to turn all GFX settings from high down to low. :)

I can at least hope! hehe

I think he means serverside, not clientside. Although since client fps in arma2 tends to get clamped by the server, maybe.

[/quote']

Every time I re-spawn ( after i log in the first time ) I get a great deal of performance lag. I have to log all the way out of ArmA to clear it up.

Seems like something isn't clearing up. Related?

Nope, it was a clientside issue. Memory trampling. Very good find by sickboy. Only appeared with the latest beta clients for some reason. Working on it.

Nope' date=' it was a clientside issue. Memory trampling. Very good find by sickboy. Only appeared with the latest beta clients for some reason. Working on it.

[/quote']

how will this fix affect us?

Howssssss about Rocket fixes/works on whatever he deems possible in whatever time frame he has in mind and we all put up, shut up and be grateful. If this was a full, final version already released by a huge dev team, i'd understand the "Fix what's broken first before adding new stuff!". Do I have to bust out the A word? Really? At this point?

Things will get done eventually, the fact melee has apparently taken almost no time at all to implement means it doesn't bother me at all that he has worked on that instead of food/loot issues (which he is ALSO fixing in this update, pay attention!). I guess the addition of melee is in response to not starting with a gun any more, which gives people slightly more of a fighting chance than they did with a torch.

Nope' date=' it was a clientside issue. Memory trampling. Very good find by sickboy. Only appeared with the latest beta clients for some reason. Working on it.

[/quote']

Yea that's probably why my game has been so bogged down with framerate issues since 1.7.1. Glad it's being fixed. Also thank you for making night brighter. I'll have to wait until the patch rolls to see how it looks, but anything is better then pitch black. Melee weapons also sound awesome and a feature that was kind of a no-brainer to add. Just hope they're silent weapons, would be very useful for clearing out houses.

I cant wait! Wonder what the ETA is.. Nice job Rocket and team, looking really good.. This melee system opens up the option of melee dueling which may not sound fun to some sounds awesome to me!

Not at all certain that the fact that melee weapons will be available means that we'll be starting out with one of them.

I cant wait! Wonder what the ETA is.. Nice job Rocket and team' date=' looking really good.. This melee system opens up the option of melee dueling which may not sound fun to some sounds awesome to me!

[/quote']

Rocket would have to add minecraft-style parry, where you right click to go into block mode, but it only works if you're facing the right direction and time it right.

Changelog:

* [NEW] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions

* [FIXED] Generic Loot not spawning (such as food etc...)

* [FIXED] Animals stand still and HURR DURRR (they now walk around)

* [FIXED] New blood values not being saved when a player eats (they do now)

* [FIXED] Duplicate players not being removed (should now be removed on login)

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

* [NEW] Maximum animals increased

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

Your great rocket! Do you have a ETA?

I cant wait! Wonder what the ETA is.. Nice job Rocket and team' date=' looking really good.. This melee system opens up the option of melee dueling which may not sound fun to some sounds awesome to me!

[/quote']

I'm already imagining story threads on the forum, telling tales of 'The Axe murderer of Chernarus'! Gather around the camp fire, eat some boar, hear the scary stories...