rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.2

I don't quite understand the tone mapping, so what exactly will tone mapping accomplish with this patch? What is its purpose, exactly?

I think it should be reverted a little, so that the player spawns with 1 food or 1 water, at least - just my suggestion :P

Think about it ... if you were in a zombie apocalypse, you definitely wouldn't forget to put some food in your bag before you ran into the forest! (where you spawn)

That also gives us the ability to search more than one city for supplies before starving to death

Nice... should fix the Respawn bug!

When i Log Out, i come back to initial spawn area and i LOST ALL my items.. please, fix that! thx!

I don't quite understand the tone mapping' date=' so what exactly will tone mapping accomplish with this patch? What is its purpose, exactly?

[/quote'] I believe it makes it so night isn't some pitch black darkness where you don't see anything.

Changelog:

* [NEW] Tone Mapping to enhance nightlighting conditions

now be removed on login)

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

* [NEW] Maximum animals increased

I love hot fixes which introduce new features' date=' hehe.

[/quote']

I would rather Rocket fix the seriously broken shit (like no food/drink spawining) rather than adding new shit. Save that for after the game breakers are manageable.

mr rocket' date=' also please revert the secret change where zombies hear u when u reload ;) actually no, thats a good change.

[/quote']

Speaking of, there *is* actually a hidden script that rocket added early on to combat server-hoppers that change servers to loot. It checks on login if there are players within x distance, among other things, and if not, despawn most items. It also sometimes seems to follow you around and delete items on the fly.

The problem is that it tends to glitch out areas, leading to bug reports of empty item spawns. It doesn't, however, effect medical supply spawns or backpacks. A buncha patches back you could actually see worst-case examples of this, when all you'd find in a large area is a bunch of mobius backpacks spawned on themselves.

Also if you're all by yourself and drop items on the ground due to no handy tent, if you log out and log back in, your item piles will most likely disappear. I tried camping out on the tiny village on the island in the south east on a single server but lack of tents killed my ability to hoard.

Speaking of which, I've noticed that the dock-type boathouse structures will have items spawn on them, often indefinately, because the item piles glitch through the floor and drop to the ground underneath the water.

I don't quite understand the tone mapping' date=' so what exactly will tone mapping accomplish with this patch? What is its purpose, exactly?

[/quote']

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone_mapping

I dont understand it neither! I guess it means you can see more in the dark. But dont quote me on that!

My three kids are now going to be named Dean, Rocket and Hall.

Changelog:

now be removed on login)

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

[/quote']

I would rather Rocket fix the seriously broken shit (like no food/drink spawining) rather than adding new shit. Save that for after the game breakers are manageable.

I believe Rocket said something about holding your tongue on these posts, they aren't useful seeing as how adding melee obviously took only hours, whereas the fixes you are speaking of take weeks. Please read the forum posts before posting.

[/quote']

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone_mapping

I dont understand it neither! I guess it means you can see more in the dark. But dont quote me on that!

You know how you can see outside at night in real life? That's because you eye can see minuscule differences in light. Displays don't recreate that naturally, so tone mapping is the programming that forces the program to recreate it so you can see it on a monitor.

*I THINK*

Little bit of a problem with Melee. Hit them and the infected fly up in the air for 50 meters then down. Fus do rah!

And the problem is?

Just make sure that hit players fly as high. Equal effects for all! ;)

All the people asking for existing fixes.

Many fixes take time and are ENGINE FIXES. That means weeks' date=' not hours. I could just hold off on the new content for no good reason, but I am not. Melee was relatively easy. The delay now is the FPS and loot spawn is still causing problems.

[/quote']

Ok...nevermind my previous post. Looks like you are focusing on game breakers.

I for one would be perfectly fine though if new features are consuming time for fixing game breakers.... then set them aside.

I believe Rocket said something about holding your tongue on these posts' date=' they aren't useful seeing as how adding melee obviously took only hours, whereas the fixes you are speaking of take weeks. Please read the forum posts before posting.

[/quote']

I was merely making the observation that if these were taking time away from fixing gamebreakers...then leave them aside.

Sorry if I offended your assholiness..... thank you for being the forum police and putting me in my place.

Changelog:

now be removed on login)

[/quote']

Did you not read the first post? Rocket already fixed food.

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Generic Loot not spawning (such as food etc...)

* [FIXED] Animals stand still and HURR DURRR (they now walk around)

* [FIXED] New blood values not being saved when a player eats (they do now)

* [FIXED] Duplicate players not being removed (should now be removed on login)

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

Melee was the idea everyone thought was awesome until they tried to defend themselves from a zombie attack in the game. You're going to end up unconscious and bleeding out for your trouble.

Then again, I'm sure there are a lot of volunteers for the foolish 'sneak up behind zombie to stealth kill it' club.

Melee was the idea everyone thought was awesome until they tried to defend themselves from a zombie attack in the game. You're going to end up unconscious and bleeding out for your trouble.

Then again' date=' I'm sure there are a lot of volunteers for the foolish 'sneak up behind zombie to stealth kill it' club.

[/quote']

I dont really think anyone cares what you have to say.

Changelog:

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

So being as the game is broke due to no food/drink spawning... why not release this portion of the patch?

Oh... because we need hatches and crowbars now... this is a real game maker...

Oh well ....guess I will wait for the hatches to spawn with food before I log in again.

My three kids are now going to be named Dean' date=' Rocket and Hall.

[/quote']

and will be doing jenkem under a bridge :P

Chill. Announcements forums is not meant to be e-peen comparing chatroom. Rocket will fix what he can fix when he gets around to it, and Rocket will add content when he gets the chance. It's not particularly fair to treat Rocket like he's a AAA-level development team.

Changelog:

now be removed on login)

[/quote']

Changelog:

Oh...and I guess you didnt read all the posts either...page 26 rocket is saying he is still having issues with food spawning.

Then again' date=' I'm sure there are a lot of volunteers for the foolish 'sneak up behind zombie to stealth kill it' club.

[/quote']

I dont really think anyone cares what you have to say.

I could be wrong on the second but I am certain I am right on the first.

I'm not going to see if the second works, someone else can do that.

All the people asking for existing fixes.

Many fixes take time and are ENGINE FIXES. That means weeks' date=' not hours. I could just hold off on the new content for no good reason, but I am not. Melee was relatively easy. The delay now is the FPS and loot spawn is still causing problems.

[/quote']

Ok...nevermind my previous post. Looks like you are focusing on game breakers.

I for one would be perfectly fine though if new features are consuming time for fixing game breakers.... then set them aside.

I believe Rocket said something about holding your tongue on these posts' date=' they aren't useful seeing as how adding melee obviously took only hours, whereas the fixes you are speaking of take weeks. Please read the forum posts before posting.

[/quote']

I was merely making the observation that if these were taking time away from fixing gamebreakers...then leave them aside.

Sorry if I offended your assholiness..... thank you for being the forum police and putting me in my place.

Ah, and I was merely correcting a post, no "assholiness" was involved. Sorry if you took it that way but resorting to insults is petty arrogance, you should learn to accept when you are wrong, it will help in life.

Chill. Announcements forums is not meant to be e-peen comparing chatroom. Rocket will fix what he can fix when he gets around to it' date=' and Rocket will add content when he gets the chance. It's not particularly fair to treat Rocket like he's a AAA-level development team.

[/quote']

Dont get me wrong...not critizing Rocket in any way...again Im just saying if New features are taking any time away from fixing game breakers... then leave them aside for now.