rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.2

rocket please fix exsisting problems before bringing out new features.

one problem i have faced so far:

Zombies still behave them selves randomly, some zombies can see me from miles away and some cant even see me when im 2cm from them.

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar

this... wait... i......................... what....................... :huh::huh:...........................................................................................................................:heart::heart::heart::blush::angel:

Love this mod!

Still having my gear dumped all over the place and in some cases entirely deleted when i pick up a tool like an axe or compass. This started for me with 1.7.1

Is it just me or would flying zombies be really cool? :p

So are zombies going to be able to spot you from miles away still :D

This. I agree with making zombies more of a threat' date=' but all the increased aggro distance does is make sneaking into towns more annoying than tense.

Crawling more ǂ more challenging.

If anything, zombies' hearing should have been buffed, not their sight. Make all those PvPers in Cherno be extra cautious for all those rounds they expend in the big city.

[/quote']

+1

All the people asking for existing fixes.

Many fixes take time and are ENGINE FIXES. That means weeks, not hours. I could just hold off on the new content for no good reason, but I am not. Melee was relatively easy. The delay now is the FPS and loot spawn is still causing problems.

Cheers for letting us know. I will carry on doing other stuff. :/

rocket please fix exsisting problems before bringing out new features.

one problem i have faced so far:

Zombies still behave them selves randomly' date=' some zombies can see me from miles away and some cant even see me when im 2cm from them.

[/quote']

Maybe the latter had his nose bitten off / eyes scratched before he got turned into a zombie... I don't really see randomness of their behavior as a problem, makes it less predefined and thus you're unable to clearly evaluate the outcome of a certain situation. Which in my opinion equals more danger and fear.

I do have to add that I personally did not have trouble with the zombies spotting me from 'miles' away, so it might need some tweaking if you're not exaggerating, but I'm all for less predictable behavior.

I assumed that the game was now officially in beta when i had to get the beta patch. or was that a "arma 2" patch. Sorry, wasnt paying attention when i went through six updater i just SOYYYYYed through it to play this bad boy.

I assumed that the game was now officially in beta when i had to get the beta patch. or was that a "arma 2" patch. Sorry' date=' wasnt paying attention when i went through six updater i just SOYYYYYed through it to play this bad boy.

[/quote']

Thats the beta patch for the game Arma 2 / OA. The Dayz mod is still in Alpha mate.

I assumed that the game was now officially in beta when i had to get the beta patch. or was that a "arma 2" patch. Sorry' date=' wasnt paying attention when i went through six updater i just SOYYYYYed through it to play this bad boy.

[/quote']

Nop, still in alpha. That was the arma 2 beta patch

Holy hell, melee weapons! This is fantastic! I hope though that they stay a limited range of items though, hatchet and crowbar are perfect, don't really have any desire for swords, chainsaws or frying pans! :D

Cheers Rocket!

As with all new features rocket adds, melee weapons are going to require at least one, if not two or three hotfixes past 1.7.2 before they work properly. Likely they work just fine on low pop, but on high pop servers it's gonna bug out and players are going to be able to like, defy gravity by swinging hatchets over and over, or something. Also animals are going to spawn all over and you're going to have a cow cluster-fack. Really, only the tone-mapping is going to work correctly, and that's because it's just modified settings in a game_logic that is compiled into the map, and not a new coded rocket feature.

So keep your panties on, I guess.

I assumed that the game was now officially in beta when i had to get the beta patch. or was that a "arma 2" patch.

That's indeed ArmA 2's beta patch, DayZ is still in it's alpha phase (aka lets add and test all sorts of crazy features and test which ones work and which ones won't, so in the end those who do work can get locked and polished in beta).

As with all new features rocket adds' date=' melee weapons are going to require at least one, if not two or three hotfixes past 1.7.2 before they work properly. Likely they work just fine on low pop, but on high pop servers it's gonna bug out and players are going to be able to like, defy gravity by swinging hatchets over and over, or something. Also animals are going to spawn all over and you're going to have a cow cluster-fack. Really, only the tone-mapping is going to work correctly, and that's because it's just modified settings in a game_logic that is compiled into the map, and not a new coded rocket feature.

[/quote']

Can you tell me next weeks lottery numbers as well?

Lottery numbers do not follow definite patterns, so no.

oh well that is good enough for me. if its in alpha its alpha. i just cant play because i cant find ANY generic loot and my character is dying of thirst right now :( this 1.2 hotfix cant come soon enough!

As with all new features rocket adds' date=' melee weapons are going to require at least one, if not two or three hotfixes past 1.7.2 before they work properly. Likely they work just fine on low pop, but on high pop servers it's gonna bug out and players are going to be able to like, defy gravity by swinging hatchets over and over, or something. Also animals are going to spawn all over and you're going to have a cow cluster-fack. Really, only the tone-mapping is going to work correctly, and that's because it's just modified settings in a game_logic that is compiled into the map, and not a new coded rocket feature.

[/quote']

Yes, and where were you on 9/11?

mr rocket, also please revert the secret change where zombies hear u when u reload ;) actually no, thats a good change.