rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.2

What I REALLY like with this update is the increased cap of animals, cool with meelee weapons but trying to find any animals seemed to be almost impossible before

Would be very nice if anyone told me if the loot thing fixes also the huge FPS drop?

I had fps drop problem in few servers so just go to another but no, it just fixes the generic stuff not spawning.

I just got a giant hatchet shaped boner...

Amused and freaked out. Thanks.

Can any1 simple explain, how will the melee fighting system work? Can you equip the hatchet or crowbar like a normal weapon, or do you have to go to gear and right click, or what? Thanks

Can any1 simple explain' date=' how will the melee fighting system work? Can you equip the hatchet or crowbar like a normal weapon, or do you have to go to gear and right click, or what? Thanks

[/quote']

Nobody (except for rocket) knows so just sit and wait for the patch and you can find out for yourself soon enough.

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

FREEMAN TIME

Damn I don't want food fixed.: (

It's so fun with all the starvation crysis around

* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar (can only drop through right click in gear menu)

>crowbar

oh sweet jesus Rocket, you make my dreams come true

Can any1 simple explain' date=' how will the melee fighting system work? Can you equip the hatchet or crowbar like a normal weapon, or do you have to go to gear and right click, or what? Thanks

[/quote']

Nobody (except for rocket) knows so just sit and wait for the patch and you can find out for yourself soon enough.

Hope rocket will tell us :o

GREAT! My big complaint this patch was the lack of loot - was really crippling us.

Melee weapons seems interesting

Would be very nice if anyone told me if the loot thing fixes also the huge FPS drop?

I had fps drop problem in few servers so just go to another but no' date=' it just fixes the generic stuff not spawning.

[/quote']

They said somewhere the fps drops were related to "loot not cleaning up properly" or something.

I don't think changing servers fixes anything, the drop just comes back when you're in a middle of a town.

New prone is AWESOME! (current 1.7.1.1' date=' = one eye bar in prone)

Dont revert it please.

Sneaking is actually a challenge now. Loving it.

[/quote']

I agree. Going prone shouldn't be: 'activate anti-zombie cloaking field'. If you're prone a few feet away from a Zed and he's looking at you, yeah he should detect you.

My current char is the first in ages that hasn't found a hatchet yet >.

Melee weapons' date=' i think i can speak for the community when i say this;

"YUSSSS!".

[/quote']

:)

and the community is now crying tears of joy ahah

Melee weapons' date=' i think i can speak for the community when i say this;

"YUSSSS!".

[/quote']

:)

and the community is now crying tears of joy ahah

This! 1000x This!

For easy crowbar looting just search for a Lambda graffiti. Crowbars spawn near.

Thanks Rocket.

Edit:

I would love to see a Baseball bat added.

Nice job going full retard and not removing the increased LOS.

Stay autistic, rocket! I hope your durr zombie game will stay more important than all the other mechanics that worked before 1.7.1

How about you actually start up the game and realize how the new aggro mechanics force every 2nd player into clusterfuck PvP-ing in the north the same as in the coast, because nobody fucking has the patience to crawl 24/7 and still be attacked by zombies because of the unjudgeable new distance.

All of my concerns about patch 1.7 have been addressed. This game is shaping up nicely. Thanks for all of your hard work on making the best game I've played in years.

About MELEE: How about adding Mag-Lite flashlights to the list, so we can see in the dark and smash zombies in the face at the same time? :)