Mountainhigh (DayZ)

Diving, Underwater Bases/Caves and Water Vehicle's

i have a possible solution for the compressor problem: there is a chance to find air bottles. these bottles have a randomized capacity and there is a random amount of air in the bottles. you can also get rebreather systems (extremely rare) which uses smaller pure oxygen tanks and the air you breathe in and out. this makes it more realistic to dive for a long time, while still using a reasonable amount of tanks.

btw, rebreather systems exist: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Rebreather

I like the ideas you have guys and up building criticism is never bad bean queen. ;)

The rebreather is a verry good idea! You can also find a example picture one the links in the topic!(its a navy seal diving gear)

I thought that the rebreather should be more military loot, so pritty rear from it self! (i know you have it also for civilians!)

Compresors are also nice idea, but shouldt be a problem right?

there are still gas/co2/oxy tanks around that still work on manual maganics(not sure im asking you guys)?

At some point we are going to have to assess the main issue of DayZ, is that we have technologically advanced goods popping up from nowhere all the time: gas, bullets, rifles, cars, packaged food, etc etc...

While i suppose we can portray a neverending "early outbreak", we should consider that all this ready to use equipment should be extremely rare and/or gone by now, because leeching over the remains of society is fine, but this isn't long term survival, a bag MRE should be seen as a rare delicacy, much better than eating grubs gathered from under a rock.

Scuba bottles are the typical example of a modern "luxury" equipment, pumps to cram 250-300 bars of air into a diving cylinder are loud and/or require lots of energy.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have them, but that it should come at a serious cost. After the outbreak, energy production is a problem, especially to power equipments coming from an era such as ours, where energy cost very little and is used very inefficiently.

Rebreathers :/ It's another example of a high tech system that is only possible in a society that can extract and bottle pure gasses, since rebreathers use pure oxygen and co2 scrubbers to refresh the exhaled air.

Now i'm not against the ideas, but i think we should figure out more involved ideas of maintaining advanced techs "by hand" rather than adding constantly more and more 'lucky finds' .

you definately know what you are talking about, beans to you my good sir. also the points you make are very similar to what i would probably have come up with if i actually had time to.

i would prioritize freediving in game to be honest. don't need the extremely rare pressure bottles, i don't need a BCD, i don't need to worry about looking at my pressure gauge. and i think that in a place like Chernarus, residential diving equipment would be pretty much non-existent. NEW MILITARY LOOT ANYONE?!

You can dive without breathing equipment in Arma 3 alpha for a couple minutes before dying, that alone would make for some pretty cool "seafood hunting" in the game. Add to this flippers (not unreasonable to find these) to swim faster and masks/goggles to see clearly :)

• Like 1

You can dive without breathing equipment in Arma 3 alpha for a couple minutes before dying, that alone would make for some pretty cool "seafood hunting" in the game. Add to this flippers (not unreasonable to find these) to swim faster and masks/goggles to see clearly :)

that's freediving for you!

If only we had DayZ Standalone on the Arma III engine...

A man can dream, can't he?

• Like 1

If only we had DayZ Standalone on the Arma III engine...

A man can dream, can't he?

yup. :D

edit: i was wrong, nobody can. :(

Edited by radivmoe

oh, forgot to mention that if there is a massive ship there is a good probability that there will be divers to help repairs and stuff underwater.

You know, atleast I wouldn't start diving in an apocalypse... Because it doesn't make any damn sense. But this is a suggestion so I'll just leave.

• Like 1

You know, atleast I wouldn't start diving in an apocalypse... Because it doesn't make any damn sense. But this is a suggestion so I'll just leave.

:lol:

Totally agree... I don't think diving should be in this game, never mind underwater vehicles and submarine bases. Smacks too much of The Spy Who Loved Me.

aK2x9CS.jpg

Back on topic.

I forgot to mention some thing.

How cool would it be to lie down in a lake ore the new swamps and wait there to ambush some bandit/bambi's

You can lay down in small ponds completely unnoticable. Ive actually accomplished an ambush this way once on Namalsk.

• Like 1

TL,DR Yeah Diving would be cool. You can dive without scuba gear but you have limited time underwater before you start to drown

• Like 2

You can lay down in small ponds completely unnoticable. Ive actually accomplished an ambush this way once on Namalsk.

Nice! :D

:lol:

Totally agree... I don't think diving should be in this game, never mind underwater vehicles and submarine bases. Smacks too much of The Spy Who Loved Me.

aK2x9CS.jpg

hahaha thats a little bit to much dreaming, i think :lol:

can there be turtles?

Sure if you like so.

but i think most people wont like it, because its not realistic.(Dont have turtles in russia)

While i think about it, should be fun.

Maby a snapping turtle? he bites of your toe and you bleed to death!!!??? :P

Edited by Mountainhigh

Not the underwater caves clans would take all the oxygen tanks and hide their camps there

oxygen tanks would not work like vehicles, they would work as backpacks. this prevents any clan from taking all the oxygen on the server.

Maby a snapping turtle? he bites of your toe and you bleed to death!!!??? :P

wow, i wasn't even serious and i get an awesome reply!

Lol calm down don't get an orgasm.

lol

oxygen tanks would not work like vehicles, they would work as backpacks. this prevents any clan from taking all the oxygen on the server.

I think this is the best way like radivmoe explain,s

wow, i wasn't even serious and i get an awesome reply!

haha, my either but the thought was funny for me.