Sign in to follow this  
v3c1c

Arma3 Dayz MOD vs Dayz Standalone

Arma 3 comes out as alpha on 5.03.2013. Moding in A3 alpha will be totaly welocome. So I am 100% sure Dayz as mod will be on A3 alpha very soon. And there will be A3 engeene, user made content,ragdoll, hackers VS A2 engeene, clumzy movement, less hackers. A3 alpha will cost only 25 euro (full game after relise included) What you will choose ?

The DayZ SA engine will be more customized for DayZ vs the Arma3 'DayZ' Mod will just be a mod. The Standalone will definitely be better, especially since it will be on Steam, supported fully by Rocket and BIS, and will retain the same awesome community. The Arma3 DayZ MOD will basically just be a copy of what we currently have.

Shure would be nice of Bohemia and Rocket to make only one DAYZ game, not countless mods and copies for seperate Arma versions.

There is power in unity :P

The DayZ SA engine will be more customized for DayZ vs the Arma3 'DayZ' Mod will just be a mod. The Standalone will definitely be better, especially since it will be on Steam, supported fully by Rocket and BIS, and will retain the same awesome community. The Arma3 DayZ MOD will basically just be a copy of what we currently have.

Well A3 also will be 100% on steam, A3 will have totaly new engeene, new 270 km2map, new gear, ragdol ...... etc lots of new things. Dayz satndalone will be the same + updated map of chernoruss

but atill I will buy Dayz SA on day 1 after relise :) just thinking about what impact Dayz SA may have coz of A3 "relise"

Edited by V3C1C

Well A3 also will be 100% on steam, A3 will have totaly new engeene, new 270 km2map, new gear, ragdol ...... etc lots of new things. Dayz satndalone will be the same + updated map of chernoruss

but atill I will buy Dayz SA on day 1 after relise :) just thinking about what impact Dayz SA may have coz of A3 "relise"

Yes, but the download of the "Arma3 DayZ Mod" will not be on Steam. Arma3's engine was not customized with the same inventory system, item customization, nor disease system as the SA. The Mod will not be supported personally for optimization, glitches, and errors by Rocket and BIS. That would be all up to the modder that does it.

Edited by BeastOverlord

A DayZ mod for Arma 3 will still inherit all of the issues a mod has, that's why the devs moved onto the SA, so that they have access to the engine. I'm sure it'll be great fun but don't be under the illusion that it's going to solve any issues this mod has, in fact, it's a new engine that the modders won't be familiar with so it could have many more issues than we have now with this mod because they won't be able to fall back on a decade of experience in working with the engine.

I'll be buying Arma 3 to play Arma and DayZA for my survival fix.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

A DayZ mod for Arma 3 will still inherit all of the issues a mod has, that's why the devs moved onto the SA, so that they have access to the engine. I'm sure it'll be great fun but don't be under the illusion that it's going to solve any issues this mod has, in fact, it's a new engine that the modders won't be familiar with so it could have many more issues than we have now with this mod.

I'll be buying Arma 3 to play Arma and DayZA for my survival fix.

Only wondering?

Does SA get arma 3 or arma 2 engine?

Yes, but the download of the "Arma3 DayZ Mod" will not be on Steam. Arma3's engine was not customized with the same inventory system, item customization, nor disease system as the SA. The Mod will not be supported personally for optimization, glitches, and errors by Rocket and BIS. That would be all up to the modder that does it.

Sooner or later all the A3 mods will be on Steam. Inventory system not necessary should be the same.

Also regarding Rocket support - I am totally sure there will be support from BIS and Rocket only because A3 Dayz mod might be for testing for Dayz 2 on A3 engeene (just my thoughts)

Only wondering?

Does SA get arma 3 or arma 2 engine?

SA will be on arma 2.5 engine = lil updated A2 engine

Sooner or later all the A3 mods will be on Steam. Inventory system not necessary should be the same.

Also regarding Rocket support - I am totally sure there will be support from BIS and Rocket only because A3 Dayz mod might be for testing for Dayz 2 on A3 engeene (just my thoughts)

Absolutely not. They're releasing DayZ in alpha and will be continuing development for the next year or so. I think they'll have far too much on their plate to waste time developing a DayZ mod for ARMA 3 as a test for a sequel. There probably will be a 'DayZ' mod for ARMA 3, but it'll be a cheap knock off, developed by someone looking for their 5 minutes of fame.

It's more than an updated ARMA 2 engine, they've changed enough that it could be considered it's own engine.

Edited by mZLY

Yeh, its gonna be a mix of the Arma 2 and 3 engine, specialized for DayZ gameplay :)

Basicly Rocket got to pick and choose the code he wanted from a whole range of BI games, including Take On Helicoptors.

It'll also be using new player skeletons (newer than the 10 year old Arma 3 ones) and have many changes unique to DayZ SA that will make it hard to categorise as version 2.5.

Edited by Fraggle

It'll also be using new player skeletons (newer than the 10 year old Arma 3 ones) and have many changes unique to DayZ SA that will make it hard to categorise as version 2.5.

Ok next week we will be able to test A3 engine. I hope it will be way better then TOHs - I did not like it at all

"It'll also be using new player skeletons" - ragdol ?

Ok next week we will be able to test A3 engine. I hope it will be way better then TOHs - I did not like it at all

"It'll also be using new player skeletons" - ragdol ?

That's the plan for final release (not initial alpha) yes. The devblogs will keep you up to date better than I can. The new player seletons being developed for DayZ SA will be used in future projects by BIS though so probably Arma 4 if that ever gets made.

Edited by Fraggle

i would be pissed if rocket spent time on arma 3 dayz mod and not the standalone.

Edited by osiriszoran

The awesome thing about standalone is the flexibility it has, just like Minecraft, there should be common updates including new and better content. In my opinion standalone will be better than the ArmA 3 DayZ mod, but it's completely debatable and until the time actually comes where standalone will compete against ArmA 3's DayZ mod we will never know.

i would be pissed if rocket spent time on arma 3 dayz mod and not the standalone.

This is why there is a community dev team.

Shit, it's coming out on the 5th? Better get my pre-order in.

Edit: Sorry mis-read the post, Well I guess that makes me a cock-muncher

Edited by Shrimpy223
  • Like 1

Mittunz - You've grown into a beautiful panda (with gunz :/), lovely.

It's been discussed to death TBH over the last few months. It seems to annoy people that the DayZ SA engine can't be pigeon holed. They want to give it a number but that's alomst impossible because it's using assets from various engines as well as including new core code developed specifically for DayZ. If I had to give it a number it would be 35436535, but that's just off the top of my head.

Edited by Fraggle

There will be SIMILAR mods on arma 3 like dayz, however I do not believe there will be an officially supported DayZ on arma 3.

The point of the standalone is to break away from the mod and the limitations that come with modding.

At this point all I know is I will be buying Arma 3 the moment it's available just like I have done with previous Arma titles. I'm looking into getting the supporter pack as well. I will also be purchasing DayZ Standalone.

Maybe I'm the odd one out these days who played arma long before dayz mod and will continue to play arma long after dayz dies.

I am curious, what about TOH didn't you like? I really enjoy that game as the possibilities are just as wide with arma 2 just on an improved engine. I don't know why people aren't porting more mods over to it.

Nope, your not the odd one out by far. There's many old school Arma players here including myself.

Edited by Fraggle

here is a question. why the fuck is everyone talking about SA and A3 like the are out already? we dont even have a release date. we dont know what the physics will be like. we dont know how clunky or not clunky it will be. we dont know if the animations will be good. does that make this thread redundant? yes i think so.

I'd never even heard about ArmA until I was told about DayZ from a friend who had played it for some time. I'd have to say that they're about the same level in in my opinion; both excellent games.

here is a question. why the fuck is everyone talking about SA and A3 like the are out already? we dont even have a release date. we dont know what the physics will be like. we dont know how clunky or not clunky it will be. we dont know if the animations will be good. does that make this thread redundant? yes i think so.

Relise day is 05.03.2013 for A3 alpha - full content only bugy coz its alpha :)