Sign in to follow this  
berserkuh

Dear dev team and mod team, I apologize for what this community has done to you.

After seeing all this outcry over a bunch of naming issues of mere food items in-game, I feel the need to take a stand and tell you that not everyone in this community is entitled.

I feel the need to tell you that some of us actually looked at the 3D models of what was changed and didn't have any problems with them.

I feel the need to tell you that some of us actually saw how they looked ingame and didn't feel bothered by them.

I feel the need to tell you that some of us are actually ashamed over this petty outcry.

I feel the need to tell you that I respect the moderators AND developers of this mod, and that we thank you for the work you've put in the game. Especially JoeyLucky22 and Elvaron, who have done a great job up until now and have worked hard to accomplish what they did in the last patch, only for the community the outcry and bash like the hate bandwagon the internet usually is.

I feel the need to tell you that some of us are sorry. And we thank you. Disregard all the hate, and please know that not all of us are like this.

Edited by berserkuh
  • Like 34

Well said. :thumbsup:

It's really a pity how upset some people get over such a small change.

• Like 1

Well said. :thumbsup:

It's really a pity how upset some people get over such a small change.

All it does is add more variety. It can be fun, but apparently some of us don't like to have fun. If I were part of the dev team, I'd just leave the items in. The hate will have died in a week or two at most.

• Like 3

Wait, peopled don't like the new foods? Really, I hope they kill themselves(in game).

That's pathetic...

• Like 1

omg

support devs in evrything get beans, dissagree get lynched :rolleyes:

i dont mind that some things to do with food have been custimized but when it actually interfers or worsens gameplay like it has done then no it isnt a good idea and not well thought out.

some pop look like a rusty can which is badly designed. so better before patch as mor clearer. did food need to be changed = no its a novelty over function.

design over looks ;) . so lets not lynch all suggestions or you may just end up with warZ <_<

not even a golden goose shits gold all day !

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 2

After seeing all this outcry over a bunch of naming issues of mere food items in-game, I feel the need to take a stand and tell you that not everyone in this community is entitled.

I feel the need to tell you that some of us actually looked at the 3D models of what was changed and didn't have any problems with them.

I feel the need to tell you that some of us actually saw how they looked ingame and didn't feel bothered by them.

I feel the need to tell you that some of us are actually ashamed over this petty outcry.

I feel the need to tell you that I respect the moderators AND developers of this mod, and that we thank you for the work you've put in the game. Especially JoeyLucky22 and Elvaron, who have done a great job up until now and have worked hard to accomplish what they did in the last patch, only for the community the outcry and bash like the hate bandwagon the internet usually is.

I feel the need to tell you that some of us are sorry. And we thank you. Disregard all the hate, and please know that not all of us are like this.

Nice to see a nice thread towards the hard working DayZ team.

I only think the Devs already know mostly people on forums complain complain complain. Anyways you got my beans

• Like 2

omg

i dont mind that some things to do with food have been custimized but when it actually interfers or worsens gameplay like it has done then no it isnt a good idea and not well thought out.

some pop look like a rusty can which is badly designed. so better before patch as mor clearer. did food need to be changed = no its a novelty over function.

design over looks ;) . so lets not lynch all suggestions or you may just end up with warZ <_<

Agree. Latest patch has no issues on me, they fixed that fps issue for a high rate. I left public and private hives since this update comes out. But people, lets not walk on the same road just like WarZ kiddies did. Do not blame people for telling their own opinion. If this is a free mod, anyone can say anything they wanted. You cant do anything about it.

I must say that I wasnt waiting such a successful patch, it made me return to public hives...

EDIT: Sorry for bad language."...since this update comes out...".

Edited by BAHADIR
  • Like 1

omg

I think you're mistaking your issue (which I've not really noticed) with the issue a very very vocal minority have, which is that they feel the new designs of the cans are breaking their immersion of the game and that they don't like them. Whilst it's not a viewpoint I really agree with, they're entitled to their opinions and to discuss them on here. However, as is always the case on the internet, a few overexcitable idiots have blown things way, way out of proportion, and I think the feeling in this thread is that we do not want the staff/devs to think that the debate is about them receiving recognition for their hard work - it's not.

• Like 1

I'm fine with the cans having the moderators names on them in the mod, but I don't want it for the Standalone. Although, the chances of that happening are extremely slim.

• Like 2

i agree, the community dev team have and still put ALOT of time and effort into the development of dayz mod, its sad to see people getting agitated over such small things, there should be pressing matters that should be discussed by the community, about the future of dayZ, its really sad that these type of issues is all some people complain about, imagine if the people who worked on the mod weren't here, the game wouldnt be as good as it is now, imagine all the glitches and other exploits that would still be there like duping, those types are the types of problems that poisons the "immersion" not a damn can of beans, besides the game is FICTION, so pretty much anything added can be acceptable, to an extent of course.

and community devs you have my beans, keep up the good work, i would like to see some of these complainers work on a mod of a game,with a buggy engine, which was never designed to be modded on in the first place.

Edited by shadowboxer
  • Like 1

:thumbsup: +1 from me

You all deserve all my beans. :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

• Like 1

Wait what.... did I miss something?
  • Like 1

ashamed over this petty outcry? lol... You're too sensitive. :P Sometimes strong positions outside, thats nice.

I feel the need to tell you that I respect the moderators AND developers of this mod, and that we thank you for the work you've put in the game. :thumbsup: :beans:

• Like 1

omg

I agree that there are things that ruin DayZ as it is and could be a better game without them, such as the glitching zombies and whatnot, however the cans aren't really the issue that everyone makes them out to be.

Wait what.... did I miss something?

There's been a recent outcry and some very, very angry people regarding the recent cans implemented in the latest patch. Which is just silly.

ashamed over this petty outcry? lol... You're too sensitive. :P Sometimes strong positions outside, thats nice.

I feel the need to tell you that I respect the moderators AND developers of this mod, and that we thank you for the work you've put in the game. :thumbsup: :beans:

I might be sensitive, but everyone's overreacting regarding the cans issue. WAY too much. So much that I fear the dev team and the mod team have shifted their view of the community. I wrote this to show them that everyone's exaggerating and they should treat it as what it really is: just another internet hate bandwagon.

• Like 1

People are entitled to say whatever they feel like, crying or not.

Its called freedom of speech, and this forum accepts that so.

With your petty 4 posts i dont think you are in any position to judge the behavior of these boards no more then any other.

maybe you should contribute more to the foundation of the boards and not the outcome of it?

I agree. Some people seems way to upset over the danm names of food. I think it was a good idea to get the mods some appreciation for all the work they do for free. I think they should add a poll and lets us vote about it.

Everyone who says that it break immersion its bullshit. You can magically fix your leg with morhphine. So i dont see how some names ruin it all. Some people just gotta complain when they get the opportunity.

People are entitled to say whatever they feel like, crying or not.

Its called freedom of speech, and this forum accepts that so.

With your petty 4 posts i dont think you are in any position to judge the behavior of these boards no more then any other.

maybe you should contribute more to the foundation of the boards and not the outcome of it?

You're right, but there are some things that are unacceptable and simply bad criticism. And I'm not talking about criticism as in telling someone what they should've done instead, but blatant hate and disregard for hard-work over such a small thing. Such was this case. This is only happening because it's the internet and everyone's anonymous.

And I AM trying to contribute to the foundation. I'm letting the teams know that regardless of all the hate that seem to be spewing out of a lot of people's mouths, they're doing a good job and should keep working as hard as they have, because only good can come of it.

Edited by berserkuh
  • Like 1

Where I agree with the sentiment you might wanna wipe that brown nose son. A great game it might be, gods they aren't.

• Like 2

Where I agree with the sentiment you might wanna wipe that brown nose son. A great game it might be, gods they aren't.

So hes an asslicker because he appreciate the work these guys do for free?.

So hes an asslicker because he appreciate the work these guys do for free?.

He's just saying people make mistakes and that I shouldn't treat the dev teams like they could do nothing wrong. Both of you misunderstood.

I'm just saying that this issue, isn't an issue.

• Like 1

Sticking your nose up his ass is hardly any better than the cry babies. Where they claim to see an injustice that is killing the game for the whole community, you feel you can offer an apology in the name of the entire community.

I don't get why people are complaining over the new food items so much. I thought it was actually quite neat and knowing several people from the forums, it was cool seeing stuff they made in game.