r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6.1 Hotfix

Here's the thing. In my opinion, PvP should take a second seat to PvE; it should occur within the dangerous world of the zombies. Everything should. It seems to me that is the challenge of DayZ - surviving and getting things done under the continual threat of zombies. PvP should have to adapt to it, people who want to collect vehicles should adapt to it, people who want to play the survival aspect alone should adapt to it. Not the other way around. This is a game with no manual and no tutorial - meant for you to figure out how to survive and adapt... it's meant to be hard.

I think some in the community have become so comfortable with zombies that are more an annoying gnat-like backdrop than a real threat. 1.7.5.1 was the first time they actually were a threat. And, apart from legitimate glitch complaints and, to some extent, a good point about pistol fire, people were complaining rather than adapting.

Players should HAVE to slow down and really gauge if they can do what they need to quickly... choosing when they can run, how close they can get to a zombie, if they can get by it or have to kill it, whether they can rob, kidnap or kill this other player and avoid being killed by zombies. In other words, they should HAVE to adapt to the threat that exists and not complain because it's suddenly harder to have a shoot out between squads in Cherno or run into the NWAF and loot the barracks or get all the parts they need to fix a heli.

All the changes being made to make tasks like refueling slower and more realistic are just pointless time-wasting annoyances when there's no danger involved in doing them. Yes, one could say, "but you run the risk of being shot," but that means we're doing CoD meets FarmVille and not a zombie survival game. In a zombie survival game, the guy doing the shooting should ALSO be in danger if he fires his weapon. If he can shoot me AND survive the zombies coming after him - you know, the point of the game, then good on him - he deserves the vehicle and my loot... a game well played. But, if I get shot while the zombies are just ho-humming around, that's just lame.

And, I appreciate that there are limits to what the devs can do and I think they do a phenomenal job. I wonder, however, if it is such a good idea to cater to the community when doing so diminishes the theme of the game. Fixing the glitches - yeah, I love it! More realistic stuff - fantastic! Make it easier for the guys who come on to get a couple of hours good PvP action - No! Make these guys up their game to get that action in a world where zombies are a threat. Make them, make everyone, adapt to the zombies and not the other way 'round. Yes, the game should be playable, but it should be as advertised - very hard. I think there are ways to make the zombies hard, but not insanely OP. And, hopefully, the devs can find that point - I imagine it's the hardest thing to tweak because of the impact zeds have on game performance.

Look at the videos streaming on YouTube - from Frankie, Jack and others... I hear a lot of, "just ignore the zombies"... "just keep running and you're fine"... "Don't worry about the zombies"... not a great comment on a zombie survival game, in my opinion.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 12

To offer the one millionth opinion on the food/soda controversy, my feeling is it was too much. I have no problem with a few easter eggs planted around but this was a bit too immersion breaking for me. The devs working for free on this deserve recognition but I don't think this was the way to go about it. Further, I'm sure they expected a massive backlash. Hell, the forums fill up with folks complaining about every update even when it's strictly bug fixes.

I'm all for experimentation with new features, but I think when considering something like this, the devs should ask themselves if it is something they would want BI putting into the SA. If the answer is no, don't do it.

Zombies were fine in 1.7.5.1, sadly the majority of the community wants to play COD game, i even think if R4Z0R removed all the zombies they would be even more happy,all iask for the next patch is make the zombies react to gunfire like 1.7.5.1, the rest is fine.

Zombies were extremely broken in 1.7.5.1 lol They do need to be made more dangerous, but not as ridiculously bad as it was with the bad spawns and insane aggroing. Most people like a difficulty that makes sense.

I'm bummed to see the cans removed, I felt most of the complaints were fairly bogus (Calling to some level of immersion I don't think the game ever had), but I hope to see them back in with some regular names soon. I liked seeing the variety of foods than just a bunch of beans and sardines. A man needs options! lol

• Like 1

As of this writing, around 100,000 people viewed the 1.7.6 post and 66 people gave you their beans. The 1.7.6.1 hotfix has 50,000 views and only 12 people have given you their beans.

I'm begging you, PLEASE put this to a poll. I want more variety in items and I'm sure many others do to. The ones who complain are always the loudest, it isn't fair that you listen to them and disregard all the others who didn't even know this debate was happening.

Most of the servers that pop up for me in DC haven't even done the update for the hotfix - which is why I haven't updated. That may be saying something.

Edited by entspeak

dayz commander is boss, just keep switching version to version instantly, 1.7.6 is fun finding all the food

idk why it was removed, stupid kids

I personally just think that the cans added very interesting variety, making it actually entertaining to even loot a convenient store just to see the different names of food and drink items. hehe

Plus, the brand names weren't even that immersive breaking almost at all, the "odd names" were only shown on the model while the names stayed as like "Can (Muffins)", making it so you'd actually have to look at the small image of the item carefully to even give a damn.

There may be some things like "Can (Smasht)" that may sound odd, but most soda drinks just have brand names that almost have no meaning at all, so it's perfectly normal.

Plus, we have weird brand names today! Look:

http://thewondrous.c...and-names-ever/

http://piccano.com/3...names/?pid=1804

Sure, a few of them aren't English so the fact that they sound weird is not a big deal, but this is why I just think we should not just remove the cans, but at least change the names up just a bit or keep them in as they shouldn't be a problem at all. :<

Overall, I just think that we need more food variety, if we have all the food items come back and have different names, I'm completely fine with that. I just want something else other than Coke, Pepsi and baked beans to have in my backpack.

Edited by GreenSinic

Screw your cans and trail mix..... Root Beer and Lemonade don't make people quit Dayz... and if they do quit.... one less diaper to change...

What about the tents? You guys really haven't been able to recreate ? Our server Admin removed all tents due to this dupin issue and won't reinstate until fixed (1.7.6.1 still broken ..i.. )... Had guys duping 50 satchels/gernades/backpaks/gunz/etc. in tents and collecting all the vehicles they could locate....

The server I play is listed below..... <_<

Here's the thing. In my opinion, PvP should take a second seat to PvE; it should occur within the dangerous world of the zombies. Everything should. It seems to me that is the challenge of DayZ - surviving and getting things done under the continual threat of zombies. PvP should have to adapt to it, people who want to collect vehicles should adapt to it, people who want to play the survival aspect alone should adapt to it. Not the other way around. This is a game with no manual and no tutorial - meant for you to figure out how to survive and adapt... it's meant to be hard.

I think some in the community have become so comfortable with zombies that are more an annoying gnat-like backdrop than a real threat. 1.7.5.1 was the first time they actually were a threat. And, apart from legitimate glitch complaints and, to some extent, a good point about pistol fire, people were complaining rather than adapting.

Players should HAVE to slow down and really gauge if they can do what they need to quickly... choosing when they can run, how close they can get to a zombie, if they can get by it or have to kill it, whether they can rob, kidnap or kill this other player and avoid being killed by zombies. In other words, they should HAVE to adapt to the threat that exists and not complain because it's suddenly harder to have a shoot out between squads in Cherno or run into the NWAF and loot the barracks or get all the parts they need to fix a heli.

All the changes being made to make tasks like refueling slower and more realistic are just pointless time-wasting annoyances when there's no danger involved in doing them. Yes, one could say, "but you run the risk of being shot," but that means we're doing CoD meets FarmVille and not a zombie survival game. In a zombie survival game, the guy doing the shooting should ALSO be in danger if he fires his weapon. If he can shoot me AND survive the zombies coming after him - you know, the point of the game, then good on him - he deserves the vehicle and my loot... a game well played. But, if I get shot while the zombies are just ho-humming around, that's just lame.

And, I appreciate that there are limits to what the devs can do and I think they do a phenomenal job. I wonder, however, if it is such a good idea to cater to the community when doing so diminishes the theme of the game. Fixing the glitches - yeah, I love it! More realistic stuff - fantastic! Make it easier for the guys who come on to get a couple of hours good PvP action - No! Make these guys up their game to get that action in a world where zombies are a threat. Make them, make everyone, adapt to the zombies and not the other way 'round. Yes, the game should be playable, but it should be as advertised - very hard. I think there are ways to make the zombies hard, but not insanely OP. And, hopefully, the devs can find that point - I imagine it's the hardest thing to tweak because of the impact zeds have on game performance.

Look at the videos streaming on YouTube - from Frankie, Jack and others... I hear a lot of, "just ignore the zombies"... "just keep running and you're fine"... "Don't worry about the zombies"... not a great comment on a zombie survival game, in my opinion.

say what you want

but this man speaks the truth

• Like 9

say what you want

but this man speaks the truth

You need to find some midle ground. A balance betwen friendly and supercharged killer zeds.

If you go too much one way ot the other you will not manget to sell this game to hardcore players or to normal players.

Try thinking about several dificulties of infecteds, make some servers hardcore for those sado-mazo players and some servers normal for normal players.

You cant please all the comunity with only one version, sadly.

So, if you wanted to revert back to HeliCrash loot table only, would you go to server_spawnCrashSite.sqf and change:

_lootTable = ["Military","HeliCrash","MilitarySpecial"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

to

_lootTable = ["HeliCrash"];

??

Correct

Zombies were fine in 1.7.5.1, sadly the majority of the community wants to play COD game, i even think if R4Z0R removed all the zombies they would be even more happy,all iask for the next patch is make the zombies react to gunfire like 1.7.5.1, the rest is fine.

As you have been told 200 times now this will be improved over a few patches no need to keep bringing it up.

Screw your cans and trail mix..... Root Beer and Lemonade don't make people quit Dayz... and if they do quit.... one less diaper to change...

What about the tents? You guys really haven't been able to recreate ? Our server Admin removed all tents due to this dupin issue and won't reinstate until fixed (1.7.6.1 still broken ..i.. )... Had guys duping 50 satchels/gernades/backpaks/gunz/etc. in tents and collecting all the vehicles they could locate....

The server I play is listed below..... <_<

Do you see others mentioning anything about this? 4000+ servers and only a very few reports of this issue.

What server side software are you running? (Hive)

• Like 1

i tested the new version for a few days now and i must say overall im happy with the changes (no error i would stop playing, or i can write about now).

just one thing, im a bit dissapointed with deerstand loot. I know almost all locations of the deerstands and i plan my routes to visit them, so ive seen a few deerstand, enough to write my opinion i hope. maybe i just had bad luck. what i got as loot so far, either they were empty (every second was empty) or there were a few eat/drinks, heatpack, some other ammunition (stanag, makararov, revolver, cz), but revolver and cz mostly and thats it.

Cant you change it a bit and let a few tools spawn there as well, like compass/toolkit, bagpack, etc. you dont need to spawn there weaons loke m4 cco or DMR that would be too much. i would be totally fine if theyre spawn maybe a few pistols or some shotguns.

i tested the new version for a few days now and i must say overall im happy with the changes (no error i would stop playing, or i can write about now).

just one thing, im a bit dissapointed with deerstand loot. I know almost all locations of the deerstands and i plan my routes to visit them, so ive seen a few deerstand, enough to write my opinion i hope. maybe i just had bad luck. what i got as loot so far, either they were empty (every second was empty) or there were a few eat/drinks, heatpack, some other ammunition (stanag, makararov, revolver, cz), but revolver and cz mostly and thats it.

Cant you change it a bit and let a few tools spawn there as well, like compass/toolkit, bagpack, etc. you dont need to spawn there weaons loke m4 cco or DMR that would be too much. i would be totally fine if theyre spawn maybe a few pistols or some shotguns.

We do allow them to spawn. Other items are just weighted higher for now

The "Hunting" category to me should consist of:

Cz550 & Ammo

Crossbow & ammo

Hunting Knife

Compass

Map

Flashlight

Low level backpack (1 step above starter)

Water bottle

Hatchet

Thats about it. Most of that would be rare, save for the Cz550 ammo and crossbow bolts mostly.

Edited by klesh
  • Like 2

LOL thats funny right there... :lol:

I can't figure out why it's called Bacon and not Pork?

Cause pork is just "the other white meat" and bacon is... well... I think we all know what bacon is.

• Like 1

How come you STILL fail to understand that the zombies were broken to no end in 1.7.5.1? You never seem to get that through your head.

That's some quality debating material right there.

I'm REALLY angry that Spanish is in the game, I mean, it's breaking my immersion every time I think about it. We're in Russia for Christ's sake.

Uno Dr. Wasteland por favor ...... oh wait...

so is the food only off the loot tables, or did you really remove the configs, making them unplacable? (we are still running 1.7.6 so i cant look it up yet)

because private hives could still enable them, and problem solved. thats what microcommunities are for, right?

i often think the same thing about the civilian models. i whish, all those nice models would have a dayz based non-arma-spawning-items config entry, like soldier1_dz, overriding them to the survivor bp layout. not for adding it to the main game, where the survivor skin is just right. but to help using the game to its fullest, develop in ideas to keep a smaller server also lucrative, and probably learn from the emerging microcommunities (aka private hives, or servers).

so i suggest if items fall out of main love, keep it in the configs, let them be used by private servers. just remove access to it via spawnlists. only remove deprecated and non functional stuff.

its not like those few kbs in the config files really make the difference, in a game, where we still struggle with a fup network code, where we have to work around with nifty teleport detects, which still not supports some rpc calls on linux just because it has to be dynamic library loading... oh man there are so many bigger issues, both in arma and in dayz, than food insignias. blacklisted mountain bike. could go on forever. keep it up.

and. nice code indention cleanup, thank you guys. :)

I think we should remove all food we currently have an replace it with authentic soviet/russian products like Maloko, Slivki, Tushenka, Kilka and all other goodies. After all we are located in Chernorus, not US or UK.

• Like 5