Sign in to follow this  
dirtylemur

What's the loadout of the new Loot table: Hunting

So...

[uPDATED] - Deer stands has it's own loot table (Hunting).

whats the load out and percentages? :) thanks :)

whats the load out and percentages? :) thanks :)

Oh how much more I would enjoy this game if we didn't know what spawned where, and what the chances were. Loot maps and databases should be banned in my opinion

• Like 3

I've been mostly finding zero weapons, or anything useful in deerstands, so I'd like to know if they are broken or if they just suck now.

every second was empty, or there were just a few revolver rounds or cz magazines, heatpacks were there occasionally as well.

could be changed in the next update, a few tools or some pistols would be nice.

Oh how much more I would enjoy this game if we didn't know what spawned where, and what the chances were. Loot maps and databases should be banned in my opinion

I hope this is won't/can't be done for SA

I hope this is won't/can't be done for SA

It can always will be done and will be done. If people cannot look into the code for the loot tables they will make them based on empirical data.

I'm guessing shotguns, CZ550 and hunting knife as the important ones. Haven't played it yet.

Well fuck. So basically they nerfed the deer stands? It completely wrecks the point of going north from Kamenka.

• Like 1

Well fuck. So basically they nerfed the deer stands? It completely wrecks the point of going north from Kamenka.

Actually, they made it much more realistic. Hunters don't normally use military rifles.

• Like 2

Not really, I did this yesterday, found a map , knife and box of matches just in deer stands

The rest i found in supermarkets and houses.

Yep did a Kamenka run up north 2 days ago and found nothing but arrows, a dmr mag and some new food (MRE, Trail Mix). I'm all the way up at NWAF with nothing but an Enfielf and a Makarov

It can always will be done and will be done. If people cannot look into the code for the loot tables they will make them based on empirical data.

You can always make your own "database". See what you find and where, and you'll learn to know where that stuff spawns.

Actually, they made it much more realistic. Hunters don't normally use military rifles.

In game terms it just means that if you want to get geared you have even less choice in where to go.

Deer stands look poorer than before. I used to visit them as newspawn to get a military weapon and ammo, but now you get far less. Also almost no soldiers around them.

Bottom line it narrows down choices: either cherno/elektro/airfields/stary to get automatic weapons: it is good in general terms because you really need a military weapon only for PvP purposes (even if I am the first who wants to have a nice weapon anyway) but it gives an unfair advantage to whoever is already well equipped.

Same situation for top military weapons and/or NVGs: heli crash site only (this since 1.7.5.1 IIRC).

_Anubis_

p.s. yes it is more realistic... But I miss the opportunity to find an m4a3 cco in a Deer Stand like before!

Edited by _Anubis_

Yep did a Kamenka run up north 2 days ago and found nothing but arrows, a dmr mag and some new food (MRE, Trail Mix). I'm all the way up at NWAF with nothing but an Enfielf and a Makarov

If there are snipers around you'll most likely die regardless of your weapon. I usually try the gauntlet on a low-pop server and coming from North: you get a lot of coverage (trees from one side and wall from the other) moving around the perimeter until you enter: then you can go straight to the 12 loot spots house, rush inside and get cover: with enough luck find what you need and get the hell out of there ASAP.

If you are greedy however...

_Anubis_

Edited by _Anubis_

I don't know where you live, or how much hunting you do. Or even what type of game you may or may not hunt. I can tell you however that when people in my neck of the woods hunt hogs, they'll use everything from bows, to handguns, to suppressed AR15's with night vision optics. Deer are regularly taken with AR15's as well, or M14 type rifles, or sporterized AK's, or... you get the idea. Remington 870's are military loot. That's an extremely common hunting weapon. I could go on, and on, and on.

Since we're on this line of logic, almost no fire station loot belongs there. Or churches. Supermarkets don't normally carry military gear like ALICE packs, or really any weapons at all.

Weapons will migrate after a zombie apocalypse. To me it makes more sense that you would have the possibility to find anything anywhere. That's just my opinion though.

• Like 7

I always agreed that there should be a small percent chance to find any type of loot in any kind of loot spawn. We have no idea where people died in their last attempt to stop the outbreak. That is why the church loot made sense to me. The church would definitely be some people's first stop after the apocalypse has started.

They should add dead npc bodies on the ground which might have a chance to spawn a watch or pistol or somethjng.

• Like 2

The "deer stands", despite their name, have always actually been military watch towers. That's why soldier and police zombies spawned around them.

Edited by Leto
  • Like 2

The "deer stands", despite their name, have always actually been military watch towers. That's why soldier and police zombies spawned around them.

Too bad for the way they have been since named. The dev's have altered them to be more like deerstands. We'd probably do better to post in the currently pinned hotfix 1.7.6.1 or on reddit. Military Watch Towers, unfortunately better known as deer stands, were good for balance. The brave and the clanned could go to NWAF, fight it out, and gear up. The noob and the soloist , and the players that aren't that good at first-person-shooters, if they wanted to put the effort into looking through the deerstands, could get basic military weapons (AKMs and the like) and stood a chance at defending themselves. Try defending yourself against someone who hops out of a vehicle with a m4a1, a DMR in is Coyote backpack, and a PDW on his side, when all you've got is a crossbow that seems to have about the range of an axe. For the sake of balance, IMO, some military weapons should spawn in deer stands. I would say the rare class (according to the DayZ Wiki) or at least the uncommon class. However, If they are to be strictly hunting spawns, than certain weapons should be spawning a little more often. There's enough Crossbows spawning, but the double barrel shotgun, the winchester and the enfield should be spawning much more often here. Also the CZ 550 should be spawning alot more often, as it is the only scoped hunting rifle in the game. M14 aimpoint, though a military rifle, wouldn't look out of place either.

I like the idea of a small chance of any type of loot spawning in any location, and I would consider that realistic. I don't think NVG's should have something like a 30% chance of spawning, but .0X% might work.

That makes it still desirable to hit actual military loot spawns and crash sites for that higher chance, while allowing for those rare, golden finds in random places.

• Like 1

New: Hunters

{"ItemMap","weapon"},

{"ItemFlashlight","generic"},

{"ItemKnife","generic"},

{"ItemMatchbox","generic"},

{"Crossbow_DZ","weapon"},

{"","military"}, --- This is the military loot table shown below this is the highest weighted chance to spawn

{"WeaponHolder_ItemMachete", "object"},

{"huntingrifle","weapon"}

Millitary loot table,

{"M9","weapon"},

{"M16A2","weapon"},

{"M16A2GL","weapon"},

{"M9SD","weapon"},

{"AK_74","weapon"},

{"M4A1_Aim","weapon"},

{"AKS_74_kobra","weapon"},

{"AKS_74_U","weapon"},

{"AK_47_M","weapon"},

{"M24","weapon"},

{"M1014","weapon"},

{"DMR","weapon"},

{"M4A1","weapon"},

{"M14_EP1","weapon"},

{"UZI_EP1","weapon"},

{"Remington870_lamp","weapon"},

{"glock17_EP1","weapon"},

{"MP5A5","weapon"},

{"MP5SD","weapon"},

{"M4A3_CCO_EP1","weapon"},

{"Binocular","weapon"},

{"ItemFlashlightRed","military"},

{"ItemKnife","military"},

{"ItemGPS","weapon"},

{"ItemMap","military"},

{"DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1","object"}, // 16

{"DZ_TK_Assault_Pack_EP1","object"}, // 16

{"DZ_British_ACU","object"}, // 18

{"DZ_CivilBackpack_EP1","object"}, // 24

{"DZ_Backpack_EP1","object"}, // 24

{"","medical"}, --- Other loot tables

{"","generic"}, --- Other loot tables

{"","military"}, --- Other loot tables

{"ItemEtool","weapon"},

{"ItemSandbag","magazine"},

{"Sa58P_EP1","weapon"},

{"Sa58V_EP1","weapon"},

{"BAF_L85A2_RIS_Holo","weapon"}

• Like 4

Was the above post indicating a change to the loot table, or the way it has been since the release of this last update?

Either way, beans.