I cant seem to figure out whats going on with my graphics. there are BAD and i mean really bad. all the grass and stuff has giant boxes around it and what not. I have everything turned up to max and it hasn't made a difference. What am i missing? i have watched peoples videos and seen screen shots and there graphics look 100x better then mine.

Boxes?

Can you post a screenshot?

What's the launch option for your game and have you set your HRD quality to very high?

everything is set to very high including the advanced option. Im not to sure what you mean buy launch options?

ill try to get a screen shot when ever i get in a game. I seem to be having a minor issue with loading all the sudden >_<

how do i take a screen shot? every time i print screen it just takes a pic of my desktop?

[attachment=1108]here is a picture of it. for some reason i could only get it to take a picture in windowed mode.

That is also what I had before I got booted due to an error message, it wouldn't stay like that, it would just flash the boxes and then go away.

As a note, it does not seem to be due to the Arma2 93825 beta patch. I reverted back to 1.6 and 1.7.0, the graphics were fine with the 825 patch. I also kept all the updated files save for the 1.7.1.1 or 1.7.1.2 files. So it's something in/about these files that borks the graphics.

This is a setting in your catalyst control center. Revert them all to standard or application controlled. I had the same issues.

Still getting the bugs, and I've updated to 1.7.1.4 as well. It's only 1.7.1 and it's various versions that do this to me. 1.7.0 and 1.6 are fine.

This is a setting in your catalyst control center. Revert them all to standard or application controlled. I had the same issues.

Thank you so much I 1+ this. If you guys have an ATI/AMD graphics card this is most likely the solution.

go into catalst control center (dekstop right click)

there should be something like 3d settings or game settings

set everything to default or application control

I can't tell you the exact steps as i do not have an ATI equipped machine at hand right now.

I had the same problem, i solved it ( dont know how) and with the new patch it got back :/

edit: with the CCC it works. this thread should get sticky!