r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6 Update

Actually, I just realized I'm wrong. If you're 10m away from a zed and come in at a 16 degree angle off straight on, it can't see you. I think that's way too narrow a FOV - that's extreme tunnel vision. Still doesn't explain how I walked circles around it and why it didn't aggro when the others did, but... still. I think a 60 degree FOV might work better... 30 degrees either side. That way, you can come at it from the side, but not from directly in front of it.

After death, like a zeds, you will got tunnel vision too. Thats normal bro

After death, like a zeds, you will got tunnel vision too. Thats normal bro

haha! True.

I think it might be worth exploring a wider FOV. Currently, you have a better chance of being seen farther away than up close and I wonder if the opposite should be true. I don't know what impact viewing distance has on CPU... Maybe there's a way to balance it by lowering the viewing distance to compensate for the increased FOV?

Edited by entspeak

* [NEW] - Added Anti teleport script. Reported to server's RPT log

There is no way anymore to admins move himself?

Nice, only thing I don't like is the combat roll updates. No more rolling in buildings and a for second delay? Honestly???

* [NEW] - Added Anti teleport script. Reported to server's RPT log

There is no way anymore to admins move himself?

the silent warrior? manual changes to the database....

how do i remove this "anti teleport script"? It is bugged and causing players to spawn in the sea.

Edited by -Panda
  • Like 1

the silent warrior? manual changes to the database....

how do i remove this "anti teleport script"? It is bugged and causing players to spawn in the sea.

Not database changes, its on admin menu scripts.

Hero Skin still buggy as hell!

Every reconnect > Spawn in the sea! -.-

Its allready listet in ur Bugtracker, but nothing happens..

plssss Fix this, U cant play with this

• Like 1

This hero skin spawn in the sea bu.g has cost me and friends on multiple occasions, trying to imagine how what your character is wearing might cause this bizarre side effect

Now, if you could make this bug affect only hackers then that would be sweet =)

Edited by wabbit

So, Razor, you're telling me the crossbow will be "op" if you can't get your bolts back without breaking them? When did we start giving a fuck about weapons being "op"? AS50 is something op for you. Goddamnit, the community devs are making this mod worse.

I wouldn't say that it is OP, but making them have a chance of breaking definatly wratchets up the fear factor!! I had a crossbow with one bolt (arrow? whatever...) and had entered a single entrance/single story barn with two zeds in it. I skewered the closest zed, but couldn't retrieve the broken bolt! So I had to drop my crossbow and scramble out my hatchet to kill the zed that was ever so slowly bearing down on me (BTW, it is really great that we dont have to reload hatchets anymore!!). I found a new bolt a little later and suddenly the decision to fire that crossbow, or not, had gained a weight that ten minutes ago simply hadn't been there (for me).

So as for preventing OP, maybe not. But for being more authentic and injecting a little more uncertanty into the game, I think the devs are making the mod a hell of a lot better.

Edited by Hoik
  • Like 1

So, Razor, you're telling me the crossbow will be "op" if you can't get your bolts back without breaking them? When did we start giving a fuck about weapons being "op"? AS50 is something op for you. Goddamnit, the community devs are making this mod worse.

I do strongly agree with this.

The L85 AWS was removed because it was too OP, the same should be done for the AS50.

It's extremely powerful, able to take down a helicopter or car in two shots, includes a zoom feature and zeroes up to a thousand or so meters. Seriously, what would be the odds of finding one of these in a post-Soviet state? I'm not butthurt, I actually have an AS50 on my character now, it's just way too powerful. Any player can grab an AS50 and absolutely wreck shit up with it. It's almost too easy.

I do strongly agree with this.

The L85 AWS was removed because it was too OP, the same should be done for the AS50.

It's extremely powerful, able to take down a helicopter or car in two shots, includes a zoom feature and zeroes up to a thousand or so meters. Seriously, what would be the odds of finding one of these in a post-Soviet state? I'm not butthurt, I actually have an AS50 on my character now, it's just way too powerful. Any player can grab an AS50 and absolutely wreck shit up with it. It's almost too easy.

they could make ammo very, very uncommon. more so than it already is

Wait, so is the issue with bolts having a chance of breaking or with AS50 being OP?

Anyone who uses the crossbow will appreciate the improvements in bolt retrieval, quivers and the chance for bolts to break, inspite of whatever the given reasons for implementing these changes were. This no doubt took a hell of alot more time and effort than simply disabling/removing a weapon from a spawn table. The crossbow is a one shot kill, but I never considered it OP (because of the unsertanty of hitting your target as well as its very limited range) but now with quivers it is possible to carry a hell of alot of bolts. If they were all 100% retreivable then I guess that could be considered OP.

I agree with the removal of the AS50, but to say that the Devs are "making this mod worse" because they are adding new features to the game instead of removing the AS50 seems a bit hysterical. The devs are adding to and improving the game, and it is a work in progress.

Edited by Hoik

Wait, so is the issue with bolts having a chance of breaking or with AS50 being OP?

Anyone who uses the crossbow will appreciate the improvements in bolt retrieval, quivers and the chance for bolts to break, inspite of whatever the given reasons for implementing these changes were. This no doubt took a hell of alot more time and effort than simply disabling/removing a weapon from a spawn table. The crossbow is a one shot kill, but I never considered it OP (because of the unsertanty of hitting your target as well as its very limited range) but now with quivers it is possible to carry a hell of alot of bolts. If they were all 100% retreivable then I guess that could be considered OP.

I agree with the removal of the AS50, but to say that the Devs are "making this mod worse" because they are adding new features to the game instead of removing the AS50 seems a bit hysterical. The devs are adding to and improving the game, and it is a work in progress.

This^^^. Plus admins have the ability to make the as50 not spawn.

hey i can get this patch from Six Updater too right? And what is better to use Steam or DayZ commander or Six Launcher?

Edited by Freaxxy

I wouldn't say that it is OP, but making them have a chance of breaking definatly wratchets up the fear factor!! I had a crossbow with one bolt (arrow? whatever...) and had entered a single entrance/single story barn with two zeds in it. I skewered the closest zed, but couldn't retrieve the broken bolt! So I had to drop my crossbow and scramble out my hatchet to kill the zed that was ever so slowly bearing down on me (BTW, it is really great that we dont have to reload hatchets anymore!!). I found a new bolt a little later and suddenly the decision to fire that crossbow, or not, had gained a weight that ten minutes ago simply hadn't been there (for me).

I don't think you experienced a broken arrow, because the breakage happens when you fire - a misfire, if you will, so you wouldn't have skewered anything with it. What you experienced was the absorption of the bolt, or the difficulty in retrieving the bolt that has always existed in the game as a glitch. What they've done is added a 20% chance of the crossbow misfiring on top of what you experienced, as I understand the changelog.

Edited by entspeak

I don't think you experienced a broken arrow, because the breakage happens when you fire - a misfire, if you will, so you wouldn't have skewered anything with it. What you experienced was the absorption of the bolt, or the difficulty in retrieving the bolt that has always existed in the game as a glitch. What they've done is added a 20% chance of the crossbow misfiring on top of what you experienced, as I understand the changelog.

Then why did it say: "you cannot retrieve this arrow because it is broken" (paraphrasing). It wasn't a glitch or a my inability to retrieve the bolt. Your right though, I havent experienced a missfire.

EDIT: Proof (enough :) ):

33ymbkh.jpg

Edited by Hoik

So as for preventing OP, maybe not. But for being more authentic and injecting a little more uncertanty into the game, I think the devs are making the mod a hell of a lot better.

It's not adding shit, it's taking the good ability of crossbows away. It already has a terrible sight, why make it worse?

And the reason I said something about "op" is because Razor said the crossbow would be "op" if the bolts didn't break.

If you're like me and take out a lot of zeds with the crossbow, the new chance will fuck you over. Before this, crossbow was good, because you didn't have to worry about ammo. Right now, you will break all your bolts in no time.

Edited by Sutinen

It's not adding shit, it's taking the good ability of crossbows away. What ability is that? having indistrucable bolts? It already has a terrible sight, why make it worse? And the reason I said something about "op" is because Razor said the crossbow would be "op" if the bolts didn't break. Yeah, I figured that you must of read that somewhere.

If you're like me and take out a lot of zeds with the crossbow, the new chance will fuck you over. I have been using it recently and yes the bolts do break quite often - maybe a bit too often. I think this could be better ballanced. Before this, crossbow was good, because you didn't have to worry about ammo. Right now, you will break all your bolts in no time.

I do get where you are coming from, the crossbow is already quite a awkward weapon with quite a large 'cons' list compared to its 'pros' - having reusable ammo is definatly one of its main 'pros' and introducing the chance for them to break does make the weapon that little bit more nerfed - what I don't agree with is you're claims that Devs are "making this mod worse". This is overstating things a bit. They are making changes to a mod that is in Alpha - you are the devs guinea pig (and a squeeky one at that :P) and these changes may make you change up you're tactics. If these changes are found to be detrimental im sure they will change the changes... I can gaurentee you this is not the final version of the crossbow mechanics.

Edited by Hoik

It's not adding shit, it's taking the good ability of crossbows away. It already has a terrible sight, why make it worse?

And the reason I said something about "op" is because Razor said the crossbow would be "op" if the bolts didn't break.

If you're like me and take out a lot of zeds with the crossbow, the new chance will fuck you over. Before this, crossbow was good, because you didn't have to worry about ammo. Right now, you will break all your bolts in no time.

Maybe you should check out my suggestions regarding craftable arrows + other stuff regarding the crossbow. If we can get enough buzz going on it, maybe the dev team could implent it.

Then why did it say: "you cannot retrieve this arrow because it is broken" (paraphrasing). It wasn't a glitch or a my inability to retrieve the bolt. Your right though, I havent experienced a missfire.

EDIT: Proof (enough :) ):

I stand corrected. :) So, it's not that the arrow breaks upon firing - which it seems to me should mean it doesn't hit the target - it breaks upon impact - which is a bit odd if it penetrated and killed the zombie. Either way, my thought is that - given how difficult it can be to retrieve bolts anyway (can be awkward to retrieve in a timely fashion or they're absorbed) - adding a 1 in 5 chance of breaking is too much. I wish they would fix the glitches associated with retrieval before adding this. It nerfs an already difficult weapon to use. I'd never heard it described as OP until r4z0r49 mentioned it.

I think it's worth noting that arrows can break IRL. You're shooting old arrows you found in a barn or something of the sort and launching them into hard bone, or if you miss your target possibly concrete or worse. I think it's fair to put in the 20% chance to break. But that's just my opinion.

Edited by Zombie Gladiator

People, crossbows are already quite unrealistic now...

1. A crossbow shoots bolts (shorter, sturdier) and not arrows

2. Bolts are made of steel/carbon alloys, never wood (they would splinter when fired...)

3. Bolts rarely break but if you fire one into woods at 10 meters you will NOT be able to pull it out

4. A crossbow should not be a one shot/one kill, only an headshot could and even modern crossbows would have problems to penetrate the skull

_Anubis_

In RL I shoot Compound Bows

Haha! Spoken like a guy who fires a bow. Like I said, calling them bolts today is quite the controversy between those who use crossbows and those who use bows. Whatever you want to call them, bolts can certainly be made of wood - people make their own crossbow bolts all the time. If, however, they aren't of the right weight, they will splinter when you fire them, as you say.

The crossbow is only a one shot kill on zeds, like the hatchet is. The only way you're going to kill a player with one shot is with a headshot - not an easy thing to do with the crossbow sights being what they are. :)