r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6 Update

I'm still fairly new to the forum & DayZ (got the game in late December 2012). I decided not to update to version 1.7.5.1 when it came out. I'm still on 1.7.4.4. Now that some of my noob concerns have been addressed, do I have to load and install 1.7.5.1 before getting 1.7.6 or can I skip it and just download 1.7.6? I searched for this answer, but came up with nothing.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but the game has been running great for me since I started playing and I don't want to foul something up.

A lot of good things in the update, but it appears that zombies are being dumbed down again. I thought after last patch that development might be headed towards making zombies an actual threat in a zombie apocalypse game. Doesn't appear there ever going to be anything more than a minor nuisance though.

I hope the standalone doesn't pander to all the whining kids every time zombies come even a little close to presenting a threat the way the mod seems to be doing.

1000xs cans of beans to you man, i wasso exciting with 1.7.5 that made zombies a force to be reckon, now because of some crybabys the zombies are a joke again, they are deaf and blind what a shame.

I'm still fairly new to the forum & DayZ (got the game in late December 2012). I decided not to update to version 1.7.5.1 when it came out. I'm still on 1.7.4.4. Now that some of my noob concerns have been addressed, do I have to load and install 1.7.5.1 before getting 1.7.6 or can I skip it and just download 1.7.6? I searched for this answer, but came up with nothing.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but the game has been running great for me since I started playing and I don't want to foul something up.

Straight to 1.7.6

• Like 1

What about this?:

- http://dayzdb.com/database/backpack-coyote (6 weapon slots + 24 normal slots)

- http://dayzdb.com/database/czech-backpack (4 weapon slots + 24 normal slots)

as far as i can understand to me this is like cars, you can carry weapons in cars plus the normal loot and industrial loot have his own slots too, so according to this, you can put 6 o 4 weapons in your back pack and will be free slots for your stuff... i'm right?

but just for the record in the probably update... maybe that is too much, i think alice should carry 1 weapon and 16 slots, czech 2 weapons and 24 slots and backpack 4 weapons and 24 slots to make diference and not a "one mens army" x'D

Have you actually played it yet? During testing I haven't been able to stay alive for more than half an hour, as compared to days... They follow you everywhere, in hordes, they spawn everywhere. How are they not a threat?

I have played it for hours now and they are a joke thanks to guys like you, because i remenber your QQing about zombies in 1.7.5.1, you now fire an enfield at 80 meters of zombies and they dont do nothing, freaking patethic man, hpe you enjoy it

* [FIXED] - Zeds talk, lowed to 80 meters down from 200 meters this will stop any zeds targeting for sight/noise outside of this radius

That sucks. I really enjoyed trying to creep around the infected in a town with the possibility of raging a whole town at the slightest mistake.

Appart from that, I love you guys.

* [FIXED] - Zeds talk, lowed to 80 meters down from 200 meters this will stop any zeds targeting for sight/noise outside of this radius

That sucks. I really enjoyed trying to creep around the infected in a town with the possibility of raging a whole town at the slightest mistake.

Appart from that, I love you guys.

Now hearing is fully working its going to take some time to adjust this to a nice level. But all chance based systems have been removed.

Well, not only do they not aggro on you like they did in 1.7.5, but they were also made slower and their dodgy movement is being tamed. These are all steps in the wrong direction in my opinion. Might as well just get rid of zombies altogether if they're just going to stand there like deaf, nearsighted idiots and then walk a straight line to you when they do actually manage to spot or hear you. And they still don't do any damage. At least DayZ+ made taking a hit from a zombie something to avoided. And they're still too easily "killed". They're already dead. You'd think a bullet to the torso would hurt a living survivor more than a zombie who's heart isn't beating anyway. Might as well go play Wasteland or ARMA 2.

Players whine anytime development gravitates toward zombies actually presenting any sort of threat. They disconnect when they get zombie aggro, or to clear a crash site or other loot source. Why are they even playing a zombie apocalypse game? There's plenty of other FPS shooters to choose from. Plenty of other mods to choose from.

Edited by H4YW1R3
  • Like 1

Finally be able to play again ..

You were always able to play. Perhaps you chose not to.

This Change log is sweet can't wait to play it!!!

Thanks so much for fixing the zombie's!!!!!

Zombies were not "fixed" since they were not broken. They were nerfed.

"Added new anti-teleport". Thats it, at last mod is going to be fine and enjoyable...

Where you been? DayZ has been enjoyable for a very long time. Play on whitelisted servers and you won't be having issues with hackers.

The mod and the SA are two separate entities.

Exactly. Daresay the SA will be a wholly different game, except for the boring Chernarus map we have all played ad nauseam (no matter if it gets a polish for the SA).

And usually I'm very outspoken with my critique on new features. Now I'm just facepalming over the total lack of sense for humor by many players. Immersion... guess they just use the word without knowing what it means.

Edited by wonderpet

Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to discredit the work of those developing the mod. Like I said before, there's a lot of nice things in this new patch. I've talked about quivers for crossbows since I started playing DaZ. That was great. And adding them to the tool belt? Better than I'd hoped. I don't mind the food and drink product changes. I see that as all in good fun, and for what it is, a shout out to those investing their time into developing the mod.

I just want to make it clear, I'm not complaining about the entirety of the patch. I think there was some good work done here. But I am expressing my conserns as to the path developers might be taking with the zombies. I don't think that it's going too far, or even unexpected, to want to see zombies be something to be feared and respected in a mod that is based on a zombie apocalyse and a survival perspective. There's plenty of other fps shooters out there if players just want run and gun pvp. Because at the moment, and as it's been for too long, zombies are only a minor nuisance.

I just think it's ridiculous the idea of DayZ's development pandering to all the whining kids that are complaining about zombies being too hard in a zombie based game. Let them go back to CoD. Give those of us to started playing DayZ for it's theme and hardcore nature what DayZ was meant to be.

Edited by H4YW1R3
  • Like 1

I was offline some time (last played 6 days ago).

today updated my servers and tried to play.. and I see my char was wiped, new message "male / female" and I'm newbie again. :(

is it normal?

Hate two things:

- New animation when filling up jerry cans, its nice so cars cant be refueled so quickly but for helicopters... man, it takes too long now. We had only 2 jerries, and was already slow to refuel. I cant imagine how long it will take to refuel a little bird.

- Amount of zombies at small towns, at 1.75. it was perfect! Big citties spawned a lot of zombies and Small ones spawned just a few, as they should. Now, we get to our camp and it has tons of zombies.

ps: why is it spawning zombies in the woods? cause there is a car nearby?

Awesome can't wait for our server to update so I can try some of these new features, and find some new loot :)

Well, not only do they not aggro on you like they did in 1.7.5, but they were also made slower and their dodgy movement is being tamed. These are all steps in the wrong direction in my opinion. Might as well just get rid of zombies altogether if they're just going to stand there like deaf, nearsighted idiots and then walk a straight line to you when they do actually manage to spot or hear you. And they still don't do any damage. At least DayZ+ made taking a hit from a zombie something to avoided. And they're still too easily "killed". They're already dead. You'd think a bullet to the torso would hurt a living survivor more than a zombie who's heart isn't beating anyway. Might as well go play Wasteland or ARMA 2.

Players whine anytime development gravitates toward zombies actually presenting any sort of threat. They disconnect when they get zombie aggro, or to clear a crash site or other loot source. Why are they even playing a zombie apocalypse game? There's plenty of other FPS shooters to choose from. Plenty of other mods to choose from.

Sadly we are a minority here my friend, i dont get it to why not play wasteland instead?

Edited by Kumando

Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to discredit the work of those developing the mod. Like I said before, there's a lot of nice things in this new patch. I've talked about quivers for crossbows since I started playing DaZ. That was great. And adding them to the tool belt? Better than I'd hoped. I don't mind the food and drink product changes. I see that as all in good fun, and for what it is, a shout out to those investing their time into developing the mod.

I just want to make it clear, I'm not complaining about the entirety of the patch. I think there was some good work done here. But I am expressing my conserns as to the path developers might be taking with the zombies. I don't think that it's going too far, or even unexpected, to want to see zombies be something to be feared and respected in a mod that is based on a zombie apocalyse and a survival perspective. There's plenty of other fps shooters out there if players just want run and gun pvp. Because at the moment, and as it's been for too long, zombies are only a minor nuisance.

I just think it's ridiculous the idea of DayZ's development pandering to all the whining kids that are complaining about zombies being too hard in a zombie based game. Let them go back to CoD. Give those of us to started playing DayZ for it's theme and hardcore nature what DayZ was meant to be.

Im pretty sure Rocket is not interveing in these updates anymore, because from the dayzgame devblog updates zombies are going to be a real threat wether little kiddies like it or not, we can only just now.

This. I loved DayZ when I started playing it towards the end of last year because it was new, tricky and difficult. Now you're adding stupid food items, making zombies useless and not really fixing any bugs like tent duping (which has been around for AGES). I appreciate your continued efforts "maintaining" the mod, but there's so many much more important things to do to bring the mod to a shine than add silly named food items. Don't get me wrong, there's lots of great fixes in this changelog, but I play DayZ nightly, I'm not really part of the greater "community" and I care not for items which don't fit DayZ "canon" and just serve to waste more space in the gear screen.

Bring back the difficulty, the fear, the excitement. DayZ has long been going down the path of being a loot simulator and not really about "ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE SURVIVAL", as it once was. There was a study done once into games a while ago that showed people liked new, difficult games that didn't hand-hold the player. The last patch had zombies at almost the right level of difficult IMO. Sounds like it's going backwards now. Spawning with backpacks, what next, 3 bandages, painkillers, a coke and a pistol?

Edited by ClontarfX

60 pages of complaints about bugs vs. bad design vs. great changes vs. silly names later...

Are tents working now or not?

You are talking about a can of soda right? Not about the zombie pathfinding or the new features? A can of soda?

You know i really think some people need to get out more often.

The community isn't going to ignore the small things, if you haven't learned that yet, I'm sorry.

The zed pathing can only go so far with the current engine.

Also, the zed pathing is something that has always been in-game. The new models and dick-waving of this newest patch (That has obviously upset more than just me) was added in recently, is unnecessary, and is frankly very tacky.

You people act like one complaint and I hate the devs and am a whiny bitch.

I appreciate all the hard work put into this mod, and most of these changes are great. We can be critical of the community mod, and I encourage people to be. Not rude. Critical.