r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6 Update

Just tried 1.7.6 on a couple of servers. What did I find:

1. Zombies hear less. You can move far closer to them (even running) compared to 1.7.5.1. Makes the game a little bit too easy now,

2. Zombies in open areas (and also at the border of forests). Cool.

3. Less Zombies around in populated areas compared to 1.7.5.1 - may be linked to 2. Or I may be wrong, but I would say there are less Z around in towns...

4. No "automatic hit" when you meet a Zombie suddenly (e.g. coming out a building). This was really annoying to say the least, very nice.

5. I haven't played much, but so far I have not seen dead zombies inside and outside barns (I saw them often, either dead or dying due to jumping in 1.7.5.1). Good

6. In barns, Zombies can follow going to the upper floors more frequently than 1.7.5.1 (mostly they were stuck at ground level). Good

7. in houses (the black wooden ones) Zombies can enter more easily and follow the player. Good

8. Loot tables changed. I found an Alice pack in the supermarket, never happened in 1.7.5.1 (only deer stands or military areas)

9. Lots of different canned food & beverages, it does not create any trouble, on the contrary I like it

10. Zombies track better the player. A zombie within 5-10 meters is really hard to shake now. Good

11. Canned food eaten is automatically dropped. Good.

12. Zombies do not enter in the hospital. But that was also there in 1.7.5.1

13. Haven't see the "turbo boost" effect of Zombies when they get really close to you and charge. But maybe I am getting better at killing them before with the hatchet. If this has been fixed, good as well (not 100% clear from the patch notes)

I have not checked aggro levels for shooting/gutting games/lighting a fire so I have no comment. Nor I have experienced so far of Zombies glitching through walls and hitting me.

I saw no notes about tents, so I assume those are still broken just like 1.7.5.1. The game is far more stable and enjoyable and the Zombies wandering around are really cool, much less safe to stop and nap, outside towns.

Good patch, kudos to the Developers. It adds a lot.

_Anubis_

Edited by _Anubis_
  • Like 2

Nice update, but you should really spellcheck these, it's slightly infuriating to see how unprofessional it looks.

Also, 'Herpy Dooves Canned Muffins'? Really? I thought this game was serious.

So because there's a food that has a silly name it automatically removes all seriousness from the game? The dev's aren't allowed to have a little fun?

Edited by IWearPizza

Althoug my GUI size is set to very small, since the update my GPS and compass take almost all of my screen... how can I change it back to small?

You have to revert to a Beta Patch prior to ARMA 2: OA beta build 101747

In that Patch some changes from Community Configuration Project were included. See https://dev-heaven.net/issues/65557

More on that issue here.

------------------------------

My 2 cents to some changes in the latest updates.

More variety seems like a good thing first. But having in mind the bad inventory handling in ArmA it was not good to put more of basically same stuff (varieties of meat and cans) into the mod. The inventory is blown up and inventory handling is more of a pain in the ass now.

Most other changes were good though.

Edited by slawa
  • Like 1

LOL yes, its automated. So... i already HAVE the newest Script.txt File. And still Players get kicked with Script Restriction #21 on 1.7.6. :-/

Well, that's all i did and tested after with all kinds of food/drinks and no issues,...

Getting back into Day Z for the updated zombie fixes. One thing that always got me, and made me lose it, was the random attacks I would get from zombies, even if they were no where near me or hadn't even stopped to attack me. Let them roam everywhere and in all the buildings, but being able to decently outrun zombies is a great idea. Can't wait to give it a go!

Great job thus far!

Of course, it turns into a single arrow again... How else is it supposed to work? But, you can add single arrows to the same quiver until the max, so you DON'T need to take up 6 slots (it would never require 7). Just get two arrows, combine, get third, combine... etc... You'd only ever need two slots to fill one quiver (one for the original arrow/quiver and one for the arrow your adding to the quiver.) And, I love that you still have to reload after every shot from the quiver.

Has the absorption issue been fixed? In the earlier versions, if I shot a chicken or a rabbit (sometimes with the larger animals, too), my bolt was absorbed. And sometimes, this would happen with zeds, too. I don't like the added chance of breaking if there's still the very high chance of losing an arrow to the absorption glitch. It would seem like adding insult to injury.

Can anyone say why they made the shift away from steel bolts to wooden arrows?

It allowed us to add some sence of arrows breaking so we dont make that weapon op. Later changes will also be a reason why

I agree. I think the zed drifting toward players is supposed to counter the issue with snipers but with logging back on the table it pretty much negates any good the change might have done.

the drift to players happens over a range of 300 meters from players any zed above 250 meters is forced back towards the player. All zeds below 250 meters will try a find a spot closer to the players as they move around. As we start changing the sound and agro levels of zeds back this will become deadly. The m107 and as50 both have agro ranges counters over 500 meters on firing. This will take time to get correct we need to remove all chance based system to get a real feel of how the zeds behave and this is the feedback we need back form you guys.

You have to revert to a Beta Patch prior to ARMA 2: OA beta build 101747

In that Patch some changes from Community Configuration Project were included. See https://dev-heaven.net/issues/65557

More on that issue here.

------------------------------

My 2 cents to some changes in the latest updates.

More variety seems like a good thing first. But having in mind the bad inventory handling in ArmA it was not good to put more of basically same stuff (varieties of meat and cans) into the mod. The inventory is blown up and inventory handling is more of a pain in the ass now.

Most other changes were good though.

This is something we may have to fight for a little bit of time id love to get hold of someone with alot of ui experience in arma 2.

Side Notes ammo saving is an issue with private hives the official server.pbos should be saving ammo fine this also counts for tents and global vehicle dmg. Bliss has been unsupported now from patch 1.7.5.1 anyone still using bliss will need to update to a new server side system use the official private hive sql on github (currently being redone) or move to reality or one of the many other private hive systems out.

Sorry i cant always read every post.

• Like 1

the drift to players happens over a range of 300 meters from players any zed above 250 meters is forced back towards the player. All zeds below 250 meters will try a find a spot closer to the players as they move around. As we start changing the sound and agro levels of zeds back this will become deadly. The m107 and as50 both have agro ranges counters over 500 meters on firing. This will take time to get correct we need to remove all chance based system to get a real feel of how the zeds behave and this is the feedback we need back form you guys.

This is something we may have to fight for a little bit of time id love to get hold of someone with alot of ui experience in arma 2.

Side Notes ammo saving is an issue with private hives the official server.pbos should be saving ammo fine this also counts for tents and global vehicle dmg. Bliss has been unsupported now from patch 1.7.5.1 anyone still using bliss will need to update to a new server side system use the official private hive sql on github (currently being redone) or move to reality or one of the many other private hive systems out.

Sorry i cant always read every post.

Thanks for the direct reply.

I'm really glad to hear that this is a part of the fine tuning process and that you aren't content with the current levels.

I should have complemented you earlier on the reduced zig zagging and the fact that zed now have to go over objects or around them. Seeing one slow and creep over a loot pile was a very nice feeling.

One thing of note is that although they zig zag less they still run a few meters away before coming back at you.

Feedback for 1.7.6

1. Zombies will follow you for a long time. Good.

2. Zombies can see you through walls but cannot hit you like before. Very good.

3. Zombies numbers did appear to be less in cities, until you start shooting, and then there were plenty.

4. Zombies in woods. Great. In fact, it should be coded so that if there is gunfire, there would be more zombies spawning. This would give the bambi snipers a nice surprise.

5. Zombies no longer being able to have an automatic hit. This is great because you can now actually dodge zombies, but now zombies are too easy. You should consider upping the damage zombies do with a hit from 200 to 600.

6. Cities are populated with people again, which is great for us bandits. Thank you developers.

7. Zombie sight feels much better. I think zombie sound sensitivity should be set a little higher, so that firing a weapon will definitely attract all zombies within 120m into that general area. Another suggestion: each new gun adding fire spawns X number of zombies in that general area. These zombies will be attracted to the most recent fire.

This patch is great. You will notice the loud silence, which affirms that the patch is good. The deal about the food is a distraction.

Edited by boatie

Thanks for the direct reply.

I'm really glad to hear that this is a part of the fine tuning process and that you aren't content with the current levels.

I should have complemented you earlier on the reduced zig zagging and the fact that zed now have to go over objects or around them. Seeing one slow and creep over a loot pile was a very nice feeling.

One thing of note is that although they zig zag less they still run a few meters away before coming back at you.

Yes the zigzag issue was a real pain to deal with during testing the guys told us they ran too much in a line so we did try giving them a little movement back just to make them a little harder but overall the zeds and loot need some work. :-) But from the feedback so far i think alot of ppl are enjoying the new zeds i haven't heard anyone say a zed agroed miles away. YET :-)

Yes the zigzag issue was a real pain to deal with during testing the guys told us they ran too much in a line so we did try giving them a little movement back just to make them a little harder but overall the zeds and loot need some work. :-) But from the feedback so far i think alot of ppl are enjoying the new zeds i haven't heard anyone say a zed agroed miles away. YET :-)

No they are definitely not agroing as far but as above your last post I think they agro to little even at close proximity.

I know the ai has been a major wrench in your gears so I salute your ability to fix as much as you have on the pathing.

• Like 1

It allowed us to add some sence of arrows breaking so we dont make that weapon op. Later changes will also be a reason why

I think I see where it may be going and, if so, I like it. I never considered the weapon OP (it's not the easiest weapon to use)... has there been that complaint? It's a difficult weapon to aim since the sights require that you picture an imaginary point somewhere above the centerline (unless crosshairs are on... and even then, there are no crosshairs when "scoped."); you have to take the time to retrieve the bolt (which isn't an easy process all the time... sometimes requiring going into first person, zooming in and fiddling about until you get the "take arrow" option in the contextual menu); in many instances you have to expose yourself to retrieve a bolt; and bolts, more often than not, are lost do to the absorption glitch - which, I'm assuming (since you didn't mention it), hasn't been remedied. I'm run with this weapon a lot as a second primary in the 2017 mod and have learned to adapt to its eccentricities, but it's still not easy. I don't use it in regular DayZ because I can use SD ammo, so considering the difficulty of the weapon, I leave it alone in favor of easier, less vulnerable options. Like I said, I would have no problem dealing with broken arrows if the absorption problem wasn't there, but that glitch combined with a 1 in 5 chance for a broken arrow nerfs an already difficult weapon pretty substantially. Even without the potential for broken arrows, unless you get a headshot (not easy with the sights and impossible on a crouched zed with it's back to you), it's a total crapshoot as to whether or not you will be able to retrieve the arrow.

If you're going where I think you may be with wooden arrows... then the absorption issue might not be such an annoyance. If the absorption issue is a difficult fix, why not leave out the broken arrows until that future point where you've got this future change in place?

Thanks for replying. :)

One the reason I stop playing dayzmod because of the zombies, please don't get me wrong I like the threat,spookiness, challenge and the survival aspect but they can be outright annoying. I mean if you want to be realistic than let me pick up w.e I can find bash their heads in but I know this things does not exist because of arma II engine. but reading the change log caught my attention and probably play again to feel the zombies out lol

hopefully in the future stand-alone or community mod finally find a balance with whole game and zombies. thank you for all the hard work making this mod :)

Yeah, I don't know if this is a bug or just the way zombies work now, but here's a video of me walking and then running circles around one retarded zombie as zombies from farther away aggro'd on me. It wasn't until I practically ran into him that he finally woke up. Even the one in the dark outfit took some time to aggro. This continued throughout the evening. I could walk right up to some zombies face to face before they'd aggro while some farther away were running toward me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvNcbdorZTQ&feature=youtu.be

Also, the In Combat icon seems to be not working right. In 1.7.5, it came on pretty consistently and accurately, but since 1.7.6, it's been spotty.

But, I do want to say that I love the new junk loot:

ADLwYS3.jpg

Came across this and a razor... :) Very nice.

Edited by entspeak

I don't know if this was mentioned before but I've discovered some bug with the quiver.

It's not possible to have two quivers without the game deleting the other one with the first shot.

My experience with this was I had two quivers with both in my inventory. One quiver had 6, the other had 1, so all together I had 7 arrows. When I fired the crossbow which was using the quiver with 6 arrows in it, the quiver with one arrow was deleted and the quiver in use showed 5 arrows. So two arrows were gone from my inventory when I fired once.

I will continue to search for more bugs.

Once again: what about the weapon slots the backpacks should have now?

Will this feature be implemented or cancelled?

I don't know if this was mentioned before but I've discovered some bug with the quiver.

It's not possible to have two quivers without the game deleting the other one with the first shot.

My experience with this was I had two quivers with both in my inventory. One quiver had 6, the other had 1, so all together I had 7 arrows. When I fired the crossbow which was using the quiver with 6 arrows in it, the quiver with one arrow was deleted and the quiver in use showed 5 arrows. So two arrows were gone from my inventory when I fired once.

I will continue to search for more bugs.

Odd I did not have this problem when I carried 3 quivers.

Odd I did not have this problem when I carried 3 quivers.

Hmm. Try doing what I did, or having an incomplete 3rd quiver. Or have your 2nd quiver with 2-3 arrows while the other one is full. I can't be the only one having this issue... :S

Actually just signed up to this forum to reply to this BuLLS**T firstly updating servers every 2 seconds is a pain in the ass not only for server owners but for the package creators and the map devs also

SECONDLY out of the 226 players on my servers database i would say about 2 have accounts on hear and reedit i myself use opendayz.net 99% of UK players don't even know what reedit is

THIRDLY PUT THE EFFIN CANS BACK IN updated all servers to 1.7.6 then 24 hours later 1.7.6.1 don't think so all my players were happy with new food variations so what if they have devs names in the description you wouldn't be playing DayZ without them

LASTLY this BULL about immersion seriously dont get me started

PUT THE NEW FOOD BACK IN OR REVOKE THE 1.7.6.1 PATCH ITS CRAPOLA i speak for all my players

Yeah, I don't know if this is a bug or just the way zombies work now, but here's a video of me walking and then running circles around one retarded zombie as zombies from farther away aggro'd on me. It wasn't until I practically ran into him that he finally woke up. Even the one in the dark outfit took some time to aggro. This continued throughout the evening. I could walk right up to some zombies face to face before they'd aggro while some farther away were running toward me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvNcbdorZTQ&feature=youtu.be

Also, the In Combat icon seems to be not working right. In 1.7.5, it came on pretty consistently and accurately, but since 1.7.6, it's been spotty.

But, I do want to say that I love the new junk loot:

Came across this and a razor... :) Very nice.

If you look how the zed is turning as your walking around. The zeds line of sight is very low its the direction the zed is always facing with an angle of sight of 30 degrees looking at the video your well out of that.

So draw a line from the direction the zed is facing then add a cone of 30 degrees out to a max of 80 meters this is the zeds sight. Due to this cone effect the closer the zed is the worse the sight is this is where hearing should start being picked up more and i think you noticed that as you are walking :-)

There is no chance based system so some zeds will seem stupid as hell but others will catch you. The issue is when they attack they shout out to all zeds within the range of that shout. This shout is a 360 degree radius around the zed. this is where the lack of sight but increased hearing starts to work best. Its a work in progress system we need a clean start and clean feedback on this.

• Like 3

I'm having a 30 foot statue of me built in game (made from gold) so it shouldn't be an issue, Fraggle.

As much as I would like that, it would have to be a 30 foot golden statue of Keanu Reeves. This would be a tribute to community for their level-headedness and willingness to engage in meaningful discourse.

• Like 1

Is it just me or have people noticed a decrease of zeds in cities?

* [uPDATED] - Max local zeds per client now fixed at 40 zeds, Global at 40 +10 foreach player within 400 meters and total 500 zeds max.

I'm guessing this has something to do with it, but it's not that big of a deal, I just wanted to know.

Random question here: Does anyone know the poly count on your average Zed? I was thinking you could reduce the amount of polygons on a zed thus decreasing fps lag, then increase their numbers a little. Easier said than done, I know. It's just a thought I've had. Also I'm guessing that poly count isn't the only factor in FPS lag, but the AI themselves.