kwebb12@gmail.com

US|228|229|230|231 Community Thread & Reports

[uPDATE: We have now changed our server numbers/names to conform to the request made by the DayZ Developers Server Naming Scheme]

Dallas 53 -> US 228

Dallas 54 -> US 229

Dallas 55 -> US 230

New Server -> US 231

The point of this thread is to allow the players of the Server Communities on our servers a place to discuss/talk and update us with any bugs/issues/oddities/hackers they've come across.

I currently run these servers and plan to have more coming soon; You can catch me in the IRC Channel, or on our server website http://servers.vigilantaddiction.com (yep you have your own forum area)

--Server Information--

Timezone: +10 GMT

Admins: Strikes / Shintai /Ozric

Daily Restarts: Midnight / 6am / Noon / 6pm Central Time

Server Type: Dedicated

We'd love to hear from the people that play on the servers we run and know about the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly; when it comes down to it. Perhaps you've got some fun stories, videos, or screenshots to share... we'd love to see them there on our website!

Edited by Strikes

We have been updating the servers as quick as possible; if anyone comes across something "Odd" while playing on our servers please let us know.

We also now have BEC Installed and we're hooked into the Ban Database. We also have script monitoring so those evil hackers shouldn't be teleporting anyone around; or spawning nukes.

edit: nevermind, automated server restart fixed it. (My tents went poof!)

Thanks for having such a nice server!

Thank god for the scheduled restarts! BOOM! ;)

I'd like to announce that we've opened up another server now: Dallas 55! It's a fresh map so GIT IN while it's yummy!

Upon researching a report of players Spawning Planes... I came across this in the logs:

30.06.2012 17:05:54: /// (//:2304) //1c80f58b - #13 icopter" || _v iskindof "plane")

then

{

_v setVehicleInit "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction";

30.06.2012 17:05:54: /// (//:2304) //1c80f58b - #36 "Die";

};

I've censored the username/IP/GUID information in this example with the // marks. I took time to look over a total of 3 server logs and only found a total of 5 users that had this script; among many hundreds of users that log on and play. I then spoke with other Admins in IRC for opinions and we are currently issuing bans for users that this is detected against. We will continue to do so until we can confirm that this is a legit part of the DayZ Game and not a scripting exploit.

To us this suggests that the player spawned the plane and crashed in the air; or was in the plane and died/crashed in the air; or both.

Confirmed that this is actually legit code for when any vehicle blows up. Bans have been lifted and we appreciate the patients while we sorted this out.

I'd like you to take a serious look at your logs and work out why I was just banned from the Dallas 54 server (Reason:Cheating/Hacking). I can only assume it's due to having "Purple" in my name at the time of the ban as you had banned a player earlier who uses the alias -_-Purple-_- or [MiG] P.

I will be appealing this ban on the DayZ forums as well.

We do the Banning via PlayerID (Numbers), GUID and IP Address. (All in Combination) There is no mistaking the issue. The name is the last thing we look at since people can easily change those. I cross-checked everything and the logs evidence is telling us a story. I looked over it for 2 hours tonight to verify it.

Your GUID never verifies as well; which is just one of a few Red Flags that were lighting up in the Log Files.

I want to thank you for hosting these servers, I've brought several friends to your servers. We are over 6 people strong now

Update your sig Strikes!!!!

Just wanted to let you guys know I am pretty sure I ran across a hacker on US 229. The time was about 3:30 AM CST (-6). The northern part of the NWAF was was being bombarded with explosions everywhere. I ran across a player in a Ghillie sitting in the grass in the middle of the airfield. I put 4+ rounds into his head at nearly point blank range. He is bleeding everywhere but just turns around and stares at me for a few seconds. I DC'ed after this to save my guy. Sorry I don't have more info, I wasn't recording. I know this info will not be enough to catch him. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up so you can BOLO.

Looks like something has caused Objects (of all kinds) to stop spawning back in during the Scheduled Reboots. Don't fret.. they'll make it back once the server restarts again during the scheduled time. They're just making the game a little more fun right? Just think of it as another challenge for you out there in another Day Z!

-Hopefully the next patch/hive/update/etc will fix that issue for us-

On another note - I'd like to say that we're lucky enough to be upgrading our current dedicated box so we can bring you some more servers with various changes; want a Veteren server? Need Crosshairs back on? How about NO 3rd Person? (teehee) Let us know! I certainly do have plans to toss up a 70 Slot server for hopefully some MORE stories!

Withdrawal pains.... I need 231 back.... oh the agony!!!

Withdrawal pains.... I need 231 back.... oh the agony!!!

Haha the pain Indeed! I've got so much stuff to put in my squads camp but can't ahhhh the frustration

I really have no idea. I've got 2 tickets in regarding the Whitelist; and I've been sending PM's to a few of the Dev Team via the IRC Channel - Hopefully we'll have them back tonight/tomorrow.

Really sorry for the delay guys; I was hoping that this transition would go smooth. I had thinks prepped 3 days in advance... and the easiest thing is turning into the hardest.

I really have no idea. I've got 2 tickets in regarding the Whitelist; and I've been sending PM's to a few of the Dev Team via the IRC Channel - Hopefully we'll have them back tonight/tomorrow.

Really sorry for the delay guys; I was hoping that this transition would go smooth. I had thinks prepped 3 days in advance... and the easiest thing is turning into the hardest.

No apologies needed really! We know you're doing all you can and it's not in your hands. You host great severs so just like to say thanks! Keep up the good work :)

• Like 1

All servers are back and just waiting for Whitelisting. Everyone can do their part by sending PMs, emails, etc to the DayZ Staff to attempt to get these servers Whitelist Updated. They'll be 100% once we have our whitelisting.

We have updated to 95099 and started up with a fresh scripts file so those of you that might have been getting errant script restrictions may no longer have that problem. However if you do; it's out of our hands and let's hope that we can get some answers/help from DayZ Devs on fixing it.