swampthing6400

CANNOT GET DAY Z TO LET ME JOIN SERVER

hey can someone please ehlp me i jsut bought arma2 and the arrowhead expansion and installed it on my computer ( non steam version) then I went and downloaded what I thought was the most updated DAYZ mod and went on to try to play. as soon as i click multiplayer I have a popup htat says patch or update1.62 in availible ...... so i went and updated my game (Arma2 and Operation arrowhead) to 1.62 and went back and tryed to play day z again and at the bottom right of the server list it says 1.62 in red letters ? so why didnt it update this mod? ALos when i try to use the program dayz commander it wont let me update jack crap it keeps saying error downloading and as for the updating day z mod part on day z commander it has a red letters beside it that says corrupt! so i clcik repair and nothing happens it says downloading for a few seconds it goes to a thing on the right a red triangle with an exclamation point in it and a bunch of garble i have no idea what it means and doesnt fix shit.Someone has got to know how to fix this so I can play this dang game and before i throw this computor through a damn wall

Hello.

Could somebody be so kind and help me with a problem I'm having?

I just bought ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead, and installed both of them onto my computer. (Though I did not buy them from Steam.) I then went and downloaded what I believed to be the most up-to-date version of the DayZ mod, launched it, and tried to play. As soon as I click on Multiplayer, I get a pop-up telling me to download a patch. (v1.62) I did that and tried again, but noticed that the version at the bottom corner says "v. 1.62" in red.

Why didn't the mod update?

I also tried using the DayZ Commander, but it won't let me update anything, but instead gives me an error about the downloading process for the beta patch. As for the DayZ mod, DayZ Commander is telling me that the installation of ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead is corrupt. I tried repairing it, but nothing happened. It says "Downloading" for a few seconds but mutates into a red being I cannot comprehend, nor does it fix my problem.

I hope some of you nice folk here on the forums might know how to fix this issue.

Possibly fast, since I am aware that I have anger management problems and it's not looking too good.

(Cleaned up the OP's post to make it more friendly to the eyes. And to possibly avoid a headache.)

Could you please post screenshots and/or the exact messages you are getting?

As for the v1.62 update, that was for ARMA 2, not DayZ.

Where did you first time download the DayZ mod from?

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 2

Sorry you gotta break it down for me im not very computer savy at all lol. now its telling me something about a cam fix error or missing something oh god this crap is giving me a headache

Sorry you gotta break it down for me im not very computer savy at all lol. now its telling me something about a cam fix error or missing something oh god this crap is giving me a headache

Did you run Arma 2 and Arma 2 is before trying to play DayZ?

I did run arma 2 and arrowhead before i ever tryed putting day z in. Im sorry how do i take a screen shot so I can show you guys what i am looking at?

also I downladed the day z mod from the dayz site at the bottom where it says torrent in red letters

That should be the most up-to-date version.

I assume you used the torrent link. Where did you place the files?

Or if you used another method, which link did you use?

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

i MADE A @DAYZ FOLDER THEN AN ADDONS FOLDERINSIDE THAT THEN PASTED IT IN THERE SORRY CAPS LOCK LOL i truly thank you for your help and time with this

i MADE A @DAYZ FOLDER THEN AN ADDONS FOLDERINSIDE THAT THEN PASTED IT IN THERE SORRY CAPS LOCK LOL i truly thank you for your help and time with this

That's where your problem is, then. Here is the correct path for the DayZ files:

Steam\Steamapps\Common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons\

You need to place all the .pbo and .pbo.dayz.bisign files in the Addons folder.

No steam user ,, if you install your arma correct (you have start up arma whit no error) and have your @Dayz folder corect in your main folder, go for the beta patch on here http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/ if you install the beta go to your arma main folder and copy the beta shortcut to your desktop and start on there your arma2 beta and in expansion turn on Dayz.