Sign in to follow this  
JamesMoore

Vote for the Standalone to have more vehicles on each map.

Poll: Vote for more vehicles on the map?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you vote yes, for you wish for the standalone to have more working vehicles, or no, for it to keep the current amount?

Yes, No, or don't care.

I personally don't want the standalone to have more vehicles, like cars, and aircraft.

keep it low, i cant stand 400 vehicle servers were your tripping over cars...

• Like 1

I would like more than the standard amount but like it was mentioned above not so many that you find one ever thirty seconds. Just don't make it so you consider it a miracle when you do find one

• Like 1

No it's how it should be. Sure it isn't exactly realistic, but very balanced. The whole running around part of the game is important.

If you want 600+ vehicles, go play wasteland. You find more military weapons, you can build bases, and lots more pvp. Then the people who actually play DayZ can find servers that are actually DayZ.

• Like 8

No it's how it should be. Sure it isn't exactly realistic, but very balanced. The whole running around part of the game is important.

If you want 600+ vehicles, go play wasteland. You find more military weapons, you can build bases, and lots more pvp. Then the people who actually play DayZ can find servers that are actually DayZ.

that ^

I think they should double the number of ground vehicles (I think the average limit on a vanilla server is 1 of each of the cars with a couple of cars having 2 per server, 8 bikes, 4 motorcycles and 12 ATVs, I would double the number of cars but not the bikes/ATVs) but if anything they should reduce the number helicopters (Think its two of each per sever type per server, not sure) While it can be fun to play on 400 vehicle servers, for a public/vanilla server i think it should be a reasonable amount, especially if their going to double/triple the number of max players per server.

I think a fair number of cars is something like 150-200, it can be balanced out with making fuelling locations rarer or drained after so many uses. A working car shouldn't be something that is everywhere but they shouldn't have all vanished from the face of the earth either.

• Like 1

Less than what most servers have now but a few more than the original mod included would be nice. On a server with a healthy population it was next to impossible to find a car to fix up. In my first month I found one natural bicycle spawn, other than that all of my vehicles were stolen from other players.

• Like 1

Make tons of vehicles, but parts and especially fuel way more scarce (so that vehicles hoarded outside of map don't make it impossible for everyone else to obtain one, but still make it very hard to get one)

I'm all for an increase in the number of vehicles if we can strip parts from junkers and if repairs actually take longer to do. Maybe balance the number of vehicles with a limited fuel supply and the need for specific tools (more than a small toolbox). One size does not fit all. :)

• Like 2

I'm finding that I need to keep an eye on how many vehicles are on the server and how many are parked away in camps or at the edge of the map. I generally try and keep a reasonable amount of vehicles in the main playing area so that new spawns have as much chance of finding one and they're not restricted to hoarders.

If you add too many vehicles then the excitement of finding one will be lost. You want vehicles to be something to strive for. All I think needs to be fixed is the response rate when they are destroyed. But I'm sure that will vary by server

No, no, no no no. That sweet moment when you find a Scooby doo van, and you call your friend to help you...

Don't destroy that. I can't believe that almost fifty percent o people have voted yes or I don't care....

Rocket has said there are going to be ways to hide your vehicles. I like it, vehicles very rare, but you can hide it well for some dayz to enjoy it.

• Like 1

No, no, no no no. That sweet moment when you find a Scooby doo van, and you call your friend to help you...

Don't destroy that. I can't believe that almost fifty percent o people have voted yes or I don't care....

Rocket has said there are going to be ways to hide your vehicles. I like it, vehicles very rare, but you can hide it well for some dayz to enjoy it.

Exactly. Remember that first time you found a vehicle? It was awesome. Having a vehicle is something you should cherish and you should have to look after it, it shouldn't be something we all take for granted.

The Scooby van was my first vehicle. We spent hours trying to fix it up and from then on I had the best time in DayZ ever.

• Like 1

More vehicles, more guns, more, more food. More more more. Game seems all about instant gratification than actual exploration and trying to hunt down a working car. I love the fact there are so few, makes finding one that much sweeter and much harder once you lose it. This new influx of players I have experienced since I have come back to the game just want everything handed to them and not have to work for them. If you find a broken car and then decide to fix it that is a new goal to achieve and strive for in game. The way this game has just turned from hard survival to a casual stroll in the forest with automatic weapons is very sad to see.

• Like 2

Getting a car is already quite easy.

This game needs to be harder... It's easy to get an AS50 and vehicles in a week.

In terms of variety, I would love more vehicles. I hate going over 125 vehicles, 150 is the max I'll play with. But if they actually expand the map it would make sense to add more vehicles.