Sign in to follow this  
ScrewThePooch

DayZ on PS4 possible?

With the PS4 being more powerful and the new dual shock 4 controller having a touchpad input it seems likely that DayZ could make the transition to console quite easily now.

Anyone with positive feedback or just general opinions as to how this would or wouldn't be possible let me know.

Are you talking about DayZ Standalone or DayZ Mod?

In either case it would entail the game engine itself from being ported to the platform in question. Right now Arma2 and Arma3 engines are PC only (I stand corrected if they have a port but I am unaware of it) and as such it would require a huge amount of work to port the game engine.

I am an Indie Game Developer and porting games to consoles (XBox, PS3, Wii) requires a fair amount of work ... even if your engine supports it out the box. I sincerely doubt that this is even on the cards, especially not for the current mod and it probably won't be on the cards for Arma3 or the DayZ standalone.

• Like 1

Anything is possible. It just requires the right people and a boat load of time and money. If they don't bring DayZ to next gen consoles and the SA PC version is very successful you can bet someone else will bring a similar game to consoles.

Are you talking about DayZ Standalone or DayZ Mod?

In either case it would entail the game engine itself from being ported to the platform in question. Right now Arma2 and Arma3 engines are PC only (I stand corrected if they have a port but I am unaware of it) and as such it would require a huge amount of work to port the game engine.

I am an Indie Game Developer and porting games to consoles (XBox, PS3, Wii) requires a fair amount of work ... even if your engine supports it out the box. I sincerely doubt that this is even on the cards, especially not for the current mod and it probably won't be on the cards for Arma3 or the DayZ standalone.

Ps4 Hardware is mostly like PC hardware not like the PS3 cell processor which was a totaly different harfware with a totaly different command table and stuff.

Proting to PS4 should be easy.

But who cares.... consoles are useless shit for kids...

• Like 1

The ps4 will probably cost close to £500 on launch, this game, if ported, will run like shit on it. You could build a decent gaming pc for £500, which is why i don't understand why people continue to buy shit consoles instead of a much more reliable pc.

The ps4 will probably cost close to £500 on launch, this game, if ported, will run like shit on it. You could build a decent gaming pc for £500, which is why i don't understand why people continue to buy shit consoles instead of a much more reliable pc.

I hate it when people say consoles are shit or for kids. They aren't shit you just think they're shit. It's kind a sad that you can't understand that other people have a different opinion on consoles. And also not all people have the money to upkeep a "reliable" pc or just like to sit on the couch and play their games.

Ummm ... sorry correct me if I am wrong. But because there logo appears there doesn't mean they are porting Arma3 to Playstation. Bohemia have a bunch of games (not just Arma) and some of these are for PlayStation.

Anyway, there is talk of it on Playstation and Xbox. http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/08/15/dayz-ps3-and-360-versions-under-consideration/

That is however a very old link and nothing more has been said about it.

As for the hardware being similar to PC, yes that is true ... but there are different registries and hardware addressing questions that need to be handled by the game engine. You also have different ways of addressing resident memory and storage and they way the PlayStation OS (for lack of a better word) talks to the hardware will be fundamentally different to a PC. Most of the time you can get away with hardware wrappers and other tricks but these have a downside of effecting performance.

Bottom line is you would need a PS4 SDK and then branch/fork your current code and compile it to work on the PS4. There is still a lot of work on this and although it is doable it is not just a mater of flipping a switch and "viola" the game will play on PS4.

It took me a couple of seconds to realise what that was, looks interesting!

I know the majority of people don't want this to release on console for whatever reason but not everyone has that same opinion. This could be the answer I was looking for, cheers Menny.

I hate it when people say consoles are shit or for kids. They aren't shit you just think they're shit. It's kind a sad that you can't understand that other people have a different opinion on consoles. And also not all people have the money to upkeep a "reliable" pc or just like to sit on the couch and play their games.

Pc Gaming is cheaper on 3 year period. And if you want to stay on the same grapic level like on consoles you dont need to upgrade your pc.

Im sitting infront of my Tv while im playing on the pc.

BTW ... I am not against consoles. Was just an observation from the point of how much work is actually involved ... not whether it is feasible or possible. :)

It took me a couple of seconds to realise what that was, looks interesting!

I know the majority of people don't want this to release on console for whatever reason but not everyone has that same opinion. This could be the answer I was looking for, cheers Menny.

Consoles are stopping the the graphic evoloution. Without the PS3 and xbox360 we would have photorealistic graphic now. The last 7 years nothing really important happend... only little steps like dx10 to 11 ... some little software improvments....

• Like 1

Everyone has the right to their own opinion dude, that's what makes us individual

Fact is console gaming is shit compared to pc gaming.

• Like 1

Before man walked on the moon they had to develop space flight, it all takes time dude.

Anyway if you had exactly what you wanted now, you'd have nothing to look forward to.

ArmA 3 is PC exclusive.

Carrier Command is multi platform already.

DayZ SA is not yet released.

You should have asked in this Topic... http://dayzmod.com/f...-playstation-4/

Not a suggestion.

OP, check out the Topic in the Off-Topic Forum.

Stop the useless comments, I consider them as inflamable spam.