Sign in to follow this  
Aimstrong

More Humanity Level

I would like to see more humanity levels. There are only 3 (Bandit, Survivor and Hero) and I'd like to see more of them.

My idea was this;

(++)Legend (hero skin + helmet) 10'000 humanity

(+)Hero (hero skin) 5000 humanity

Survivor (survivor skin) 2500 humanity

(-)Bandit (bandit skin) 0 humanity

(--)Devil (bandit headscarf + fitting clothing) 30'000 humanity

I thank you if you can add some more idea in a post. :D

E: If you like this idea you can write it in a post or give me your beans ;)

Edited by BaconTrooper
  • Like 3

This is a good idea, and I think they should keep the current boosts (hero's run faster, bandits have better aim) too.

• Like 1

I would like less humanity levels. And by less, I mean none.

Could not have said it better myself.

Humanity system has no place in this game, it takes away the shine from player-to-player interaction

• Like 1

Could not have said it better myself.

Humanity system has no place in this game, it takes away the shine from player-to-player interaction

Only a bandit would say that ;)

• Like 1

Only a bandit would say that ;)

Only a person who wants the game better would say that (;

(Quick Edit: I like that you can take a joke. Thanks for the beans.)

Edited by CreepySalad
  • Like 3

I doubt it since rocket doesn't really like the whole humanity thing last I heard. Of course if it was to continue into the stand alone, I'd bet this will be done for sure

• Like 1

As a hero I have to know if the other one is a bandit or a real bandit, so I can better react at the moment.

Edited by BaconTrooper

As a hero I have to know if the other one is a bandit or a real bandit, so I can better react at the moment.

That's not what this game is about, uncertainty is a huge aspect in the game, and it's awesome that a game can create so much tension. You should never know who to trust. Any movie where any character betrays anyone ever would be a little silly if the character wore devil horns all the time, eh?

Also, I don't think we're going to get appearances changed like this in the standalone, what with all the clothing being added.

• Like 2

That's not what this game is about, uncertainty is a huge aspect in the game, and it's awesome that a game can create so much tension. You should never know who to trust. Any movie where any character betrays anyone ever would be a little silly if the character wore devil horns all the time, eh?

Also, I don't think we're going to get appearances changed like this in the standalone, what with all the clothing being added.

That's true but we have the humanity system in the mod, so I thought why won't we improve this system. After all this patches the system is still there, this must have a reason, mustn't it?

I hope you now what I mean and if they'll remove this in the standalone, then I'll at least have some similar clothes like the hero skin ;) They can add this thing in the mod, so I'll be happy until the standalone is released.

Personaly i hate the humaity system primarily because of the skins. If it was simply a passive skill type thing it wouldnt bother me AS much.

Edit: i still wouldnt like it though

Edited by HERBERT-THETREE

We could have a little halo floating above the legendary player's heads, and the worst bandits could sprout horns and a tail...

• Like 1

I'm guessing the skins will not be in the SA, since that would seem to conflict with the fact that players can now change their appearance through a wide selections of clothing.

What I think they should add, is some sort of karma system. It would work similar to the humanity system, but would be more developed. For example, killing another player wouldn't being a fixed penalty, but would instead depend on a variety of variables. First off, the system would need to be able to figure out who the aggressor is in a situation independent of who actually hits first. Ideally the system would be able to flag someone as an aggressor if all they do is fire at someone, even if the shot misses. A grouping mechanic would also need to be in the game, so that the aggressor flag could easily be spread or associated to a group of players that are travelling together. The aggressor flag would need to persist for several hours so that a griefer couldn't just keep using death to clear his flag. The system would then award or deduct karma points based on a bunch of different actions, such as...

- Attacking an unarmed player = high negative karma

- Attacking an unarmed player using a sniper rifle at long range = very high negative karma

- Attacking a player that has been flagged as an aggressor against you = no negative karma

- Attacking an armed player that you are in close proximity to and only just became aware of = minor negative karma

- Destroying someone's tent (unless the owner is currently flagged as aggressive towards you) = moderate negative karma

- Destroying a parked vehicle (unless the last person to exit the vehicle is flagged as aggressive towards you) = minor negative karma

- Being near another player and not attacking them = minor additional karma (fixed max bonus per each unique player per server reset)

- Giving medical treatment to another player = moderate additional karma

- Surviving a day without ever earning the aggressor flag = minor additional karma

- Accomplishing various PvE goals, i.e., repairing vehicles, clearing spawns, exploring different parts of the map = various additional karma

A far as a player's karma score impacts them in the game, there would be several bonuses or penalties for high and low karma respectively...

- A player with really high karma would spawn with slightly higher max blood and a slightly faster run speed.

- A player with really low karma would always be flagged as the aggressor to other players, except for players he's grouped with.

- A player with positive karma would who is killed would have an increased chance to respawn at a location closer to his corpse.

- A player with negative karma would who is killed would have an increased chance to respawn at a location farther away from his corpse.

-------------------

Regardless of what they do in the SA, though, there needs to be something to tone down the excessive level of killing on sight, banditry, and bambi hunting that's currently in the game. Anyone who says differently is either a griefer themself, or someone who plays on a low pop server. In a zombie survival game, the thing that kills players the most should be the zombies, but I'd be willing to bet that on the majority of high-pop servers, any players who's been player longer than a week gets killed by other players probably 10 times as often as by zombies. That right there is a problem.

• Like 2

I'm guessing the skins will not be in the SA, since that would seem to conflict with the fact that players can now change their appearance through a wide selections of clothing.

What I think they should add, is some sort of karma system. It would work similar to the humanity system, but would be more developed. For example, killing another player wouldn't being a fixed penalty, but would instead depend on a variety of variables. First off, the system would need to be able to figure out who the aggressor is in a situation independent of who actually hits first. Ideally the system would be able to flag someone as an aggressor if all they do is fire at someone, even if the shot misses. A grouping mechanic would also need to be in the game, so that the aggressor flag could easily be spread or associated to a group of players that are travelling together. The aggressor flag would need to persist for several hours so that a griefer couldn't just keep using death to clear his flag. The system would then award or deduct karma points based on a bunch of different actions, such as...

- Attacking an unarmed player = high negative karma

- Attacking an unarmed player using a sniper rifle at long range = very high negative karma

- Attacking a player that has been flagged as an aggressor against you = no negative karma

- Attacking an armed player that you are in close proximity to and only just became aware of = minor negative karma

- Destroying someone's tent (unless the owner is currently flagged as aggressive towards you) = moderate negative karma

- Destroying a parked vehicle (unless the last person to exit the vehicle is flagged as aggressive towards you) = minor negative karma

- Being near another player and not attacking them = minor additional karma (fixed max bonus per each unique player per server reset)

- Giving medical treatment to another player = moderate additional karma

- Surviving a day without ever earning the aggressor flag = minor additional karma

- Accomplishing various PvE goals, i.e., repairing vehicles, clearing spawns, exploring different parts of the map = various additional karma

A far as a player's karma score impacts them in the game, there would be several bonuses or penalties for high and low karma respectively...

- A player with really high karma would spawn with slightly higher max blood and a slightly faster run speed.

- A player with really low karma would always be flagged as the aggressor to other players, except for players he's grouped with.

- A player with positive karma would who is killed would have an increased chance to respawn at a location closer to his corpse.

- A player with negative karma would who is killed would have an increased chance to respawn at a location farther away from his corpse.

-------------------

Regardless of what they do in the SA, though, there needs to be something to tone down the excessive level of killing on sight, banditry, and bambi hunting that's currently in the game. Anyone who says differently is either a griefer themself, or someone who plays on a low pop server. In a zombie survival game, the thing that kills players the most should be the zombies, but I'd be willing to bet that on the majority of high-pop servers, any players who's been player longer than a week gets killed by other players probably 10 times as often as by zombies. That right there is a problem.

+1

This is the third time I'm posting this. Since there seem to be new humanity related threads popping up like fungi when it rains, I thought I might as well post my ideas here as well even though this particular thread doesn't seem to be against PvP:

Just enabling players to do something other than just scavenging, fighting or driving around the map in a vehicle should drastically reduce PvP. For example once/if player bases are implemented, just managing the construction and security of the things should keep people busy enough so that the amount of PvP should drop.

]I'm also still not convinced that having some sort of key control points on the map, for example the radio tower on Green Mountain, that players would need to maintain to keep radio transmissions working would be a bad idea. Having essential facilities that need to be maintained by players in order for something like radio transmissions or transportation by train to be possible on a server would also keep players busy and give them something else to do, other than fighting. Players would be encouraged to band together to form factions, since these things would of course require more than 3 people to maintain and guard against sabotage by bandits/rival player factions or rampaging zombies.

It would be a win-win for bandits and survivors alike to have more things to do and manage.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot. Get rid of the humanity system. All it does is enable a change of skin, that is going to become obsolete anyway after SA is released because of the ability to change clothes, and gives heroes magic sprinting capabilities.

Edited by TheSodesa
  • Like 2