obsessivepie

DayZ Newb Guide

You're teaching bambis to kill on sight, fuck you. That and the fact that you tell them to run straight through zombies and not avoid them proves in the first two sentences that this "guide" is a joke.

Edited by Col Brown
  • Like 3

I don't think a guide is required even for a new player and all required information is available on dayzdb or wiki. Also why kill on sight? Why not instead show ways to take someone hostage and loot them without killing them or injure them and leave them or lay traps for other players or use other players to distract the infected and escape without taking damage or any other countless possibilities to be a bandit (i.e. kill other players) and display skill at the same time. Make it interesting for both players. Also pick up the loot of the killed player, where is that statement in your so called guide.

I agree kos is a good strategy against someone with better weapon than you, and should not be portrayed as a universal bandit move, but one of the bandit moves.

Guide is bullshit:

1. Kamenka isn't listed in "places you want to spawn at"

2. You're teaching new players glitches/exploits

3. "meat from animals will heal you for 800." Invalid, there are different types of meat; some of which heal more than others.

4. "Fork = how hungry you are" It has a butterknife looking thing right next to the god damn fork too, are you not going to give the butterknife credit?

5. "Jug = how thirsty you are" it's called a canteen.

6. The Enfield in your guide has a bayonet, while the one in game does not. Are you TRYING to confuse new players?

7. You say the 1911 is similar to the makarov, yet it performs the same as the revolver.

8. About the Enfield: "it is almost always a one hit kill if you hit the player in the chest" Bullshit. Just bullshit, nothing more.

9. You didn't include what the high value barracks look like under "military buildings"

10. "Rule #1 Shoot First, ask questions later" people like you ruin this game

11. "Also sneaking around zombies is for retards, real men run everywhere" yes, and these "real men" end up getting shot in the chest by my double barreled shotgun. I guarantee, the sneaky one will always outlast the bold one.

Re-write your guide. -1.35855e+006(your humanity)/10, would not recommend to new players.

• Like 2

You're teaching bambis to kill on sight, fuck you. That and the fact that you tell them to run straight through zombies and not avoid them proves in the first two sentences that this "guide" is a joke.

I never said to run straight through zombies...being tactful and stealthy might serve you if other players are nearby but if you actually know how to play dayz zombies are a joke, I could make a video right now showing me kill 50 zombies at once with a hatchet if you'd like and it is a bandit guide so what did you expect lol

I don't think a guide is required even for a new player and all required information is available on dayzdb or wiki. Also why kill on sight? Why not instead show ways to take someone hostage and loot them without killing them or injure them and leave them or lay traps for other players or use other players to distract the infected and escape without taking damage or any other countless possibilities to be a bandit (i.e. kill other players) and display skill at the same time. Make it interesting for both players. Also pick up the loot of the killed player, where is that statement in your so called guide.

I agree kos is a good strategy against someone with better weapon than you, and should not be portrayed as a universal bandit move, but one of the bandit moves.

It's a basic guide, I think I said the word basic like 3 times in my guide, its meant for players who know pretty much nothing or want to learn a bit more, they can choose to ignore the bandit parts like I even said in the guide. Theres also different degrees of bandits, I kill everyone although sometimes as you say I will kidnap/rob other players and let them live. Tactics and strategy would come in another guide not in one showing what a jerry can looks like and what it does I don't have alot of time to work on this. And yeah you're right about finding all this info on other sites but my guide is more simplified and can easily be read within minutes whereas alot of other guides just seem bloated to me.

Guide is bullshit:

1. Kamenka isn't listed in "places you want to spawn at"

umm okay kamenka is like the shittiest spawn in the game the only useful thing about a kamenka spawn would be searching for camps along the west side of the map

2. You're teaching new players glitches/exploits

so?

3. "meat from animals will heal you for 800." Invalid, there are different types of meat; some of which heal more than others.

I added that part a few weeks ago before the patch came out changing different meat, i'll have to fix it

4. "Fork = how hungry you are" It has a butterknife looking thing right next to the god damn fork too, are you not going to give the butterknife credit?

lol

5. "Jug = how thirsty you are" it's called a canteen.

ok, thanks for pointing that out

6. The Enfield in your guide has a bayonet, while the one in game does not. Are you TRYING to confuse new players?

I didn't make this for retards, it might confuse you though

7. You say the 1911 is similar to the makarov, yet it performs the same as the revolver.

wrong

8. About the Enfield: "it is almost always a one hit kill if you hit the player in the chest" Bullshit. Just bullshit, nothing more.

watch my bandit videos if you think it's not a one hit kill, a direct chest shot from less than 50m is almost always a one hit kill

9. You didn't include what the high value barracks look like under "military buildings"

i'll have to include it but I don't know what building you're referring to unless it's the ones at northwest airfield but i've never found anything useful in those barracks.

10. "Rule #1 Shoot First, ask questions later" people like you ruin this game

this is where you revealed yourself, this guide is for bandits bro not carebears if you didn't notice BANDIT EDITION on the title...jesus some people are idiots

11. "Also sneaking around zombies is for retards, real men run everywhere" yes, and these "real men" end up getting shot in the chest by my double barreled shotgun. I guarantee, the sneaky one will always outlast the bold one.

guarantee I would own you, double barrel is a garbage weapon i'm surprised you would even mention it

Re-write your guide. -1.35855e+006(your humanity)/10, would not recommend to new players.

once again talking about me being a bandit, really bro if you hate bandits this much why even bother posting, pretty much all your points were out of rage/trolling a jug is called a canteen...okay people can still understand what I said but you're like that guy who always corrects someone even though you knew what they meant, where i'm from jug/canteen is pretty much the same but you gotta be douche bag steve riiiight

I never said to run straight through zombies...being tactful and stealthy might serve you if other players are nearby but if you actually know how to play dayz zombies are a joke, I could make a video right now showing me kill 50 zombies at once with a hatchet if you'd like and it is a bandit guide so what did you expect lol

Yeah, you pretty much just said run straight through.

"Also sneaking around zombies is for retards, real men run everywhere"

And bandits don't kill everything on sight, douchebags do. Real bandits are more creative than just killing anything that moves, even if its an unarmed bambi.

And that video...

1. You named it "cckane blows at dayz." That has nothing to do with it, I doubt you've seen the guy play but we have now seen you play.

2. That first shot. Holy shit, that was easy. But you rushed and botched it.

3. You ran up in the open, didn't even crouch. If someone had been watching you would have been an easy kill.

4. Neither of those kills took any skill. One guy was proned looking away the other was helpless on the ladder.

5. The Enfield does 6722 blood. People have 12k starting out. You have no idea what blood those guys were at, they could have easily been lower than 6k hence the 1 hit kill.

6. Normally a head shot will 1 hit kill, a body shot will knock them out.

I'm a hero and I am still a better "bandit" than you. We have a term for people like you who go around killing everything and turning the game into a deathmatch. It's not bandit, but CoD kiddie.

Edited by Col Brown
  • Like 2

lol col yes you are a hero...it shows bro, heres a tip crouching doesnt really doesn't help against players or snipers unless you're crouching to hide behind cover like a bush.

Just in case you missed it that guy that was laying prone had logged out right after I shot at him. The guy who came up the ladder was the same player so he was obviously a fresh spawn, he spawned in elektro to revenge kill me and had his sniper friend watching me which is why I never got up to shoot him.

The lee enfield is generally a 1 shot kill and even if that guy had poked his head up to shoot me he would have had a split second before I got from behind the bushes to behind that wrecked vehicle which was only around 20m away.

If you are a better bandit then me prove it I bet you can't even get 10 bandit kills without dying

Okay, #1 bambi's need to stay bambi's to give us bandits more kills and noobs stay noobs to get us stuff and easier kills #2 being a hero is bs hero's are always first to die KoS is something everyone should use i know i said that noobs should be noobs not bandits but still its always a good idea not to trust anyone. Never try to be the hero though if someone needs a blood transfusion just kill them and take their stuff they will die anyways they might turn on you.

Okay, #1 bambi's need to stay bambi's to give us bandits more kills and noobs stay noobs to get us stuff and easier kills #2 being a hero is bs hero's are always first to die KoS is something everyone should use i know i said that noobs should be noobs not bandits but still its always a good idea not to trust anyone. Never try to be the hero though if someone needs a blood transfusion just kill them and take their stuff they will die anyways they might turn on you.

You're one of the narrow minded idiots ruining this game.

lol col yes you are a hero...it shows bro, heres a tip crouching doesnt really doesn't help against players or snipers unless you're crouching to hide behind cover like a bush.

Just in case you missed it that guy that was laying prone had logged out right after I shot at him. The guy who came up the ladder was the same player so he was obviously a fresh spawn, he spawned in elektro to revenge kill me and had his sniper friend watching me which is why I never got up to shoot him.

The lee enfield is generally a 1 shot kill and even if that guy had poked his head up to shoot me he would have had a split second before I got from behind the bushes to behind that wrecked vehicle which was only around 20m away.

If you are a better bandit then me prove it I bet you can't even get 10 bandit kills without dying

lol.

That's all that post warrants as a response.

• Like 1

im an idiot for surviving 15 days ok then i must be the biggest idiot i know but u sir have no right to call me an idiot if u r 1 urself

im an idiot for surviving 15 days ok then i must be the biggest idiot i know but u sir have no right to call me an idiot if u r 1 urself

That is why you're an idiot, that made absolutely no sense. You like to stab people in the back after befriending them and can barely form a coherent sentence so I'm guessing you're, what, 12? 13? Go back to CoD please, we don't want your kind here.

• Like 1

That is why you're an idiot, that made absolutely no sense. You like to stab people in the back after befriending them and can barely form a coherent sentence so I'm guessing you're, what, 12? 13? Go back to CoD please, we don't want your kind here.

ok then if u wanna act like ur 5 go ahead atleast i am more mature than u im not gonna fight with a lil kid and quit being a damn grammer nazi

ok then if u wanna act like ur 5 go ahead atleast i am more mature than u im not gonna fight with a lil kid and quit being a damn grammer nazi

Believe me, I'm being much more mature about this than you are. Am I detecting some anger in your posts? Are you grumpy because its past your bedtime? I understand completely, its fine. We were all there once, years and years ago.

And its grammar, by the way.

• Like 1

and u call me an idiot idc if i spell things right and im 20 btw in the marine corp as a force recon scout sniper respect is something u dont have and ud never make it in a real war

and u call me an idiot idc if i spell things right and im 20 btw in the marine corp as a force recon scout sniper respect is something u dont have and ud never make it in a real war

Funny, I'm 20 as well and I have friends actually training for and in Marine Recon. That is the elite of the elite, and judging by your post and what a friend of mine who was a DI has said, you wouldn't even make it past the footprints.

• Like 1

Funny, I'm 20 as well and I have friends actually training for and in Marine Recon. That is the elite of the elite, and judging by your post and what a friend of mine who was a DI has said, you wouldn't even make it past the footprints.

yea and ur friend obviously needs to learn some respect to and they can train all they want but wen they become a sgt. and not kicked for disorderly conduct ill be surprised

yea and ur friend obviously needs to learn some respect to and they can train all they want but wen they become a sgt. and not kicked for disorderly conduct ill be surprised

No, no, keep going. Keep proving my point.

He's a Staff Sergeant, by the way.

No, no, keep going. Keep proving my point.

He's a Staff Sergeant, by the way.

lol im working on being a staff sargent and i didnt say i was i said il be surprised if ur friend makes it so yea and im pretty sure i could outlast u in the field

It CAN be a one hit kill if the survivor has a low enough blood level (about half blood) but against a survivor with full blood it's guaranteed to take 2 hits, unless you hit the head.

Can we stop with the pissing contest and get back to the topic of the guide. By the way Army ftw.

To the OP can you at least put a work in progress sign for your guide (it is not what I would expect in basic guide) and provide a proper guide that will help noob bandits survive the first few minutes.