Oliolia

I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME!!

Yesterday it was hard work to install it, then i had to patch, now i had to patch to 1.7.1.1 but when i join a server, i spawn ALWAYS in the endless hills! I followed some instructions of other players to get to the REAL map, but it did not help!

Is there ANY OTHER WAY to fix that now or do i have to wait for the next patch?

1. Do you have ArmA BETA-PATCH 93825?

2. Do you have ALL files of DayZ 1.7.1.1 mod in /ArmA2/@DayZ/addons?

3. Are you using the right shortcut to open game with Beta? You can check in the bottom right corner of the screen in main menu.

4. Is the shortcut modfied to run DayZ? On the right side of menu you should see @DayZ, beta and Expansion listed.

5. Do you hardware meet recommended specs?

6. Do you have an original copy of ArmA2 and ArmA2 OA?

7. Try updating your battleeye.

I bought Arma 2 CO on Steam.

My PC is a good, he can run everything very good (ARMA, BF3).

I dont know from ArmA BETA PATCH 93825.

I have all Files in @DayZ, and the little @DayZ is on the menu screen too.

My shortcut should be right...i got it from Dayz wiki.

How to update arma beta patch?

Isn't it steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons

?

i patched it now, but in the multiplayer-menu is nothing different.

Where it says: Version: 1.60

Required: 1.60

is it the same.

Did i do something wrong? I think there has to be 1.6.93825?

Ill put it this way, between browsing the forums and trying all of these retarded "guides" to install, let me fill you moderators in with some epic knowledge;

Make ONE guide that will work for ANY user.

I swear to fuckin christ I have seen 8 different ways to install this shit, not to mention about 4 different programs to "install"

This is probably one of the worst moderated mods I have ever seen. You have 10 different guides posting 10 COMPLETELY different ways to get this fucking mod to run, and then you have condescending little pricks trying to troll people just attempting to play.

This is a sad, sad, sad display of organization and overall appeal to a consumer base. Someone make a guide that WORKS, and fucking sticky it.

I thought that too...this is my folder with the datas.

That is for people who purchased the game through steam. Its different if you have it through retail which frankly is pissing me off since it seems far more difficult to update my game due to getting it through retail.

So how to update arma now? there it say i have version 1.60, not 1.60.93825

1. Do you have ArmA BETA-PATCH 93825?

3. Are you using the right shortcut to open game with Beta? You can check in the bottom right corner of the screen in main menu.

4. Is the shortcut modfied to run DayZ? On the right side of menu you should see @DayZ' date=' beta and Expansion listed.

5. Do you hardware meet recommended specs?

6. Do you have an original copy of ArmA2 and ArmA2 OA?

7. Try updating your battleeye.

[/quote']

Only point of any relevance here is 1.

2: If not, connecting to the server would just auto-disconnect.

3: If not, wouldn't be able to join servers due to mismatched version.

4: If not, wouldn't be able to join servers due to expansion inconsistency.

5: Irrelevant for spawn location in-game.

6: Irrelevant for spawn location in-game.

7: BattleEye doesn't affect spawn location in-game.

Pretty useless list of questions there pal.

93825 Has a lot of bugs it seems. Perhaps this spawn location thing is one of them?

i patched it now' date=' but in the multiplayer-menu is nothing different.

Where it says: Version: 1.60

Required: 1.60

is it the same.

Did i do something wrong? I think there has to be 1.6.93825?

[/quote']

No, it will always say 1.60, but make sure you're running ArmA 2: OA from the newly created shortcut in your OA folder. (steamapps\common\ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead or whatever)

The installer adds this shortcut in that folder.

Alternatively, you can open up the expansions menu from the main menu, and enable "beta" and restart the game.

Also, a good point... When you're searching for servers to join, type "93825" in the Host field, then make sure the server is on 1.7.1.1 or 1.7.1.2 (depending on which you are on) before joining.

Maybe this will help.

The truth of the matter is that the ArmA series is not the most user friendly game out there when using different modifications, on the other hand it is what makes this game so special, you can do pretty much anything, with a little bit of effort.

I have two friends that have newly purchased Steam ArmA2 CO and have both used this system to get it working.

This is how I get the game running, I posted it yesterday I believe.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14089&pid=131750#pid131750

Might help, might not.

Ill put it this way' date=' between browsing the forums and trying all of these retarded "guides" to install, let me fill you moderators in with some epic knowledge;

Make ONE guide that will work for ANY user.

I swear to fuckin christ I have seen 8 different ways to install this shit, not to mention about 4 different programs to "install"

This is probably one of the worst moderated mods I have ever seen. You have 10 different guides posting 10 COMPLETELY different ways to get this fucking mod to run, and then you have condescending little pricks trying to troll people just attempting to play.

This is a sad, sad, sad display of organization and overall appeal to a consumer base. Someone make a guide that WORKS, and fucking sticky it.

[/quote']

Calm down bro it's alpha.. if you want a complete game then wait till it's released.

Now i cant find a server without a free slot -.- im searching past 5 oclock

Now i cant find a server without a free slot -.- im searching past 5 oclock

Find a server, click it, mash enter like you're trying to mash potatoes.

Alternatively, run a macro that auto-clicks enter then go take a shit, come back to a loading game.

1. Download ARMA2 and Operation Arrowhead from steam, both of them.

2. Play both of them once to initialize the install, make sure you get all the way to the main menu then quit out. (If either doesn't run, go to your library, right click on properties for the one that doesn't work and verify the files, if something didn't download right it will re-download and fix it. then try running again)

3. Go grab the ARMA 2 beta patch, unzip and run it.

4. SKIP six updater, it doesn't work for some people. Go to the mirror and manually download the files, that's all the .RAR files.

5. Unzip all those files to the same directory, you should end up with 14 files, no folders.

6. Go to your program files, in your steam folder, in steamapps, in common, find your ARMA2 operation arrowhead folder and open it. Inside make a new folder named: @DayZ and inside that folder make another new one called Addons. You need to end up with a path that looks like this :

...\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons

7. Cut and paste those 14 files into the addon folder you just made.

8. Now go back to your ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead folder and find a file named: _runA2CO_beta.cmd right click and edit it.

9. Go almost all the way down the document to the part after it says ':run' then make sure it looks like this:

call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@dayz" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash

Do not mess with ENDLOCAL or anything after it. Now close and save it. Right click and drag the file you just edited to your desktop and make a shortcut to it. That will be your launcher from now on. Just use it when you want to play.

Try this it works for me.

Cool, everything works now, i can join 93826 servers :D and the hill-map is away!

Now i can play! If i find a server..

It is so damn hard :D i was dead after 7 minutes!

Where can i find a gun!? and what can i do to hide (without a gun?)