Sign in to follow this  
kumando

Does this means you are going to dumb down zeds hearing again R4Z0r249?

* [uPDATED] - Weapon fire sounds divided by 2 (This will help us settle zeds hearing a little more) (107_DZ Zed pull range 450 meters / 2 = 225 meters (capped 120 meters aboue for now))

Please dont tell me you are making ppl not having consequences when firing a weapon in cities again?

Edited by Kumando
  • Like 1

Yeah I hope this doesn't happen. I think the difficulty is fine as is. Keeps me from popping off rounds like an eegit

• Like 1

And he also already decreased zed aggro range again so this game is going to get a boring pvp only again like prior to 1.7.5.1,what a shame :(

More Important:

* [FIXED] - Hatchet and crowbar don't require reload anymore.

Why? That's the DayZ trademark. You can't just remove that!

• Like 5

No the hearing remains. Shoot a weapon and anything within range will agro you most weapons fall below the 120 meters only a few go above it. IE m107 500+ meters

• Like 2

The zombies are way to bugged to leave them at the current level. You can crawl into town and attracted every damn zombie in a 10 mile radius. It's dumb. I want the zombies harder, but this artificial crap is not going to cut it. Lower player health, increase zombie damage, I don't care. In the current state, it's broken. It's B.S. when you sneak inside a building, start looting, and zombie Jesus is killing you through the wall, while calling every other damn zombie in the world.

Edit: I just hope they are not hackish lol. I know that's just the Arma AI, so don't take my criticism harshly. Trying out new stuff is part of the process.

Edited by LGHollenfeuer
  • Like 3

"This will help us settle zeds hearing a little more."

You say the hearing "remains", so what does the quote above mean?

The zombies are way to bugged to leave them at the current level. You can crawl into town and attracted every damn zombie in a 10 mile radius. It's dumb. I want the zombies harder, but this artificial crap is not going to cut it. Lower player health, increase zombie damage, I don't care. In the current state, it's broken. It's B.S. when you sneak inside a building, start looting, and zombie Jesus is killing you through the wall, while calling every other damn zombie in the world.

Edit: I just hope they are not hackish lol. I know that's just the Arma AI, so don't take my criticism harshly. Trying out new stuff is part of the process.

I call BS on that, you just dont know how to sneak past them.

• Like 2

Oh right i'm sorry I must just be a noob... After looking through the change logs, this update seems to be more balanced. I am excited to try it out after I get back.

Lowering the overall target range of zeds should help with long range agro. << this is nasty atm they can see way too far.

Lowering the sight/sound distance should allow you to move around a little more. << We wont players to move around a little more then the last patch.

Having a zed hitting you just because you ran into it or ran over it << magic zeds we all know this one unless there running the attack system you wont get dmg.

Firing an m107 = death :-)

joking firing any weapon will mean more pain comes your way. Based on the sound of the weapon most will below 120 meters.

The offset to all this is the zeds will be attracted to players (* [NEW] - Zed attraction this will draw zeds to lottier closer to players over time.) so they wont go outside 250 meters from player and they will head in your direction over time so the longer you sit messing the more zeds you will have within your area of agro range 80-120 meters. This also means you get all new zeds in many place you didn't before ill let the mods testing enjoy telling there storys on this. If there not all testing SA anyway :-)

​On top of this to keep your fps higher(doh) we have added some new limits for zeds to try and share the load of zeds across players pc's so one pc isn't trying to control 80+ zeds. Current limit is 40 zeds (local). 40 zeds + 10 for each player within 500 meters (Global) and max global of 500 zeds(World) this should help alot with fps issues.

So no more then 40 zeds per pc. no more then 500 zeds on the server.

• Like 6

Lowering the overall target range of zeds should help with long range agro. << this is nasty atm they can see way too far.

Lowering the sight/sound distance should allow you to move around a little more. << We wont players to move around a little more then the last patch.

Stopping a zed hitting you just because you ran into it or ran over it << magic zeds we all know this one unless there running the attack system you wont get dmg.

Firing an m107 = death :-)

joking firing any weapon will mean more pain comes your way. Based on the sound of the weapon most will below 120 meters.

The offset to all this is the zeds will be attracted to players (* [NEW] - Zed attraction this will draw zeds to lottier closer to players over time.) so they wont go outside 250 meters from player and they will head in your direction over time so the longer you sit messing the more zeds you will have within your area of agro range 80-120 meters. This also means you get all new zeds in many place you didn't before ill let the mods testing enjoy telling there storys on this. If there not all testing SA anyway :-)

​On top of this to keep your fps lower we have added some new limits for zeds to try and share the load of zeds across players pc's so one pc isn't trying to control 80+ zeds. Current limit is 40 zeds (local). 40 zeds + 10 for each player within 500 meters (Global) and max global of 500 zeds(World) this should help alot with fps issues.

Not so bad then, thx for the heads up and keep up the good work :)

• Like 1

"On top of this to keep your fps lower" Lol, FPS lower? I don't want that. :P Unless fps in this case stands for something else.

"On top of this to keep your fps lower" Lol, FPS lower? I don't want that. :P Unless fps in this case stands for something else.

DOH!!!

Where are you guys seeing these updates? I am dayz forum noob apparently I can only find updates when they are released.

Hhmm apparently I can't edit my own posts?

Anyway do we know when this is going to be live? I want teh updates!

Me likey. And I do kind of agree with Hollen a little bit. It seems like merely standing up is a death sentence sometimes.

• Like 1

"Zed attraction this will draw zeds to lottier closer to players over time.) so they wont go outside 250 meters from player and they will head in your direction over time so the longer you sit messing the more zeds you will have within your area of agro range 80-120 meters."

The worst part of the current mod, the Z keep spawning over time, and they tend to follow you even when they do not see you. And they spawn in the loot spawns and are so buggy they sit there. Yet you cannot shoot them, cause the whole flood will be on your head. Yet the inventory rules for the axe are way broken. I like the direction, but the inherent flakyness of Zs and inventory make it too aggressive.