Jim Rogers

US 1993 is hacker infested

This is the third time I have been plagued by hackers on US 1993. Other than that, it is a wonderful server. This time my friend and I were in Stary Sobor on opposite sides. He said he heard footsteps from nowhere and was immediately shot and killed in the middle of a forest. I was on the opposite side in the forest above the tents and a player named "Elf" wrote to me, not in any of the normal chats, but in a chat that was dark grey. It wasn't direct comms. "Elf" wrote "Goodbye" and I was already in the process of logging off and I logged in mid gunshot and got away with my life. I don't have a screen shot or any fraps footage because I wasn't expecting this.

This happened between 5:30 pm and 6 pm on February 18th, 2013 Central Standard Time on DayZ US-1993.

Welcome to DayZmod

This is the third time I have been plagued by hackers on US 1993. Other than that, it is a wonderful server. This time my friend and I were in Stary Sobor on opposite sides. He said he heard footsteps from nowhere and was immediately shot and killed in the middle of a forest. I was on the opposite side in the forest above the tents and a player named "Elf" wrote to me, not in any of the normal chats, but in a chat that was dark grey. It wasn't direct comms. "Elf" wrote "Goodbye" and I was already in the process of logging off and I logged in mid gunshot and got away with my life. I don't have a screen shot or any fraps footage because I wasn't expecting this.

Definitely want to apologize for any grief you may have suffered due to any cheaters, unfortunately as Acix said this is the nature of the mod. That being said we do everything in our power to combat these cheaters, much more then those amateur servers. Our servers utilize custom BattlEye filters & count restriction rules, BattlEye Extended Controls, take full advantage of multiple community ban lists, and we're even dialing in our automated banning tool for extreme violators. Moving forward there are a number of ways for players to reach us quickly in the future. I'd recommend our Teamspeak (ts.ocngaming.net) but to ensure all staff see your comment/concern make sure to post on our forums (http://www.overclock.net/f/139/overclock-net-game-servers) as all staff are subscribed and receive an email immediately. If you take a peek at the server specific threads you'll see we're often very quick in banning offenders identified by players and hilarity always ensues.

~tech :beans: