leo235

Walk like a zombie on pressing shift / play dead

Sean of the Dead...Winchester scene...

Hahah, yes. I laughed out loud when I saw the title of this thread, thinking about that scene. :D

This is like really close to 30 replies now...

contentwise closer to zero, but thats not what Im aiming for anymore.

Just totally accidentally posted in my own thread here, bumping it in the process...

could we have a zombie animation on people who are sneaking/slowmoving?

would be even better if zombiekilled players would also get up after death to have more backpack zombies.

I dont know

Whats the scoop on movement speeds of zombies? are the standing ones usually faster or slower than a sneaking survivor?

Should this also fool zombies to make cities hilarious places of pretending players meeting oneanother on the street?

This would never fool players (since zombies don't currently have backpacks' date=' and you'd be a moron to drop your backpack just for the off-chance of someone thinking you're a zombie), so I'll assume this is for the purpose of sneaking around zeds.

For one, we don't know how zombies detect normal people; the only reason it worked in Sean of the Dead (the only time I've seen this idea in play) is because it was a [i']comedy. And yes, I know that they did this in The Walking Dead, but that idea wasn't to just shambled like them, but to smell like them. Which kinda segues us into the next point; players killed by zombies will never get up as zombies because zombies aren't risen dead in this game. They're normal people who have become infected, much like the Rage Virus from 28 Days Later (though it clearly isn't transmitted like the Rage Virus, or else getting the bleed debuff would be an instant death).

i think its a great idea. it seems balanced, with pro's and con's

It would help you avoid zombies that are largely populated (or would it?)

But it would also be easy to get popped off by survivors.

Oh god please no, zombies seem to have some sense of who is zombie or not, dont nerf zombies even more! they pose no threat in any way at the time, walking inside buildings is the main problem...

and yes i guess there will be a dicussion of "why do zombies see survivors as enemys? hurdurr"

because its a zombie game with guns, where zombie are supposed to be a human-with-rage threat, and not supposed to be dumb like shit

its a terrible idea, and will make the game way too easy, learn to sneak through zombies

could we have a zombie animation on people who are sneaking/slowmoving?

would be even better if zombiekilled players would also get up after death to have more backpack zombies.

I dont know

Whats the scoop on movement speeds of zombies? are the standing ones usually faster or slower than a sneaking survivor?

Should this also fool zombies to make cities hilarious places of pretending players meeting oneanother on the street?

BACKPACK ZOMBIES, MYYYYY MANNNN - hard to believe this is the first time I'm hearing about this from another player

I only see this as being another reason why people would either accidentally shoot each other.

nobody shoots zombies anymore, so this would actually be a valid tactic to not get shot by other players... oh how sad this game has turned out to be... acting like a zombie to not get shot...

Once again strange suggestions get pages of responses and great suggestions get a NO!!!

Alright, I'll bite. Which "great suggestion" got a flat-out "no"? Not that I'll debate it here, since I'm not gonna derail the topic. Just curious, is all.

Well one of the best suggestions was to add in Shack Tactical removal of weapons clipping on doorways etc.No responds to that but crazy ideas get pages of responses.Just look at the post about bandits being able to drop turds in loot piles.

Do you people see that? 36 replies right now. Thats 30 and then 6 more.

Shack Tactical removal of weapons clipping got a flatout yes as far as I saw it and really a flatout answer is like no answer at all and should only motivate the OP to spam his own thread with requests for 30 replies until he got real answers.

real answers like:

Oh god please no, zombies seem to have some sense of who is zombie or not, dont nerf zombies even more! they pose no threat in any way at the time, walking inside buildings is the main problem...

and yes i guess there will be a dicussion of "why do zombies see survivors as enemys? hurdurr"

because its a zombie game with guns, where zombie are supposed to be a human-with-rage threat, and not supposed to be dumb like shit

its a terrible idea, and will make the game way too easy, learn to sneak through zombies

to which i would say:

If this is done right it would be a way to hide from PLAYERS not from zombies. I wouldnt change the detection range of zombies really substantially if I were to implement this.

Also I changed the original post a bit, so make sure this thread gets 40 replies as I will change it even further then.