joe_mcentire

Player decisions: Unlocking new Content

my idea however does not favor teams or loners, It favors players who keep their eyes open, looking for things and secrets to find. a reward for PVE and a device for "positive" PVP

so they do new mocap today. i wonder if they will do some form of new "teamplay"-anims as well. that would be of course one valuable thing to let this idea grow further...

Edited by joe_mcentire

In-case you haven't heard they put a shipwreck and a prison in along will all the new buildings and villages.

well you simply didn't understand the suggestion then. it's completely independent from that new content. my suggestion basically means that you can't just go to your destination. it means you have to do certain things, need certain equipment like ladders or something to gat access to certain "new" areas. for example: an attic which you wouldn't reach without a portable ladder.

again: areas which are not "just like that" accessible.

...you crazy alpaca or lama or what that is :)

Edited by joe_mcentire

well you simply didn't understand the suggestion then. it's completely independent from that new content. my suggestion basically means that you can't just go to your destination. it means you have to do certain things, need certain equipment like ladders or something to gat access to certain "new" areas. for example: an attic which you wouldn't reach without a portable ladder.

again: areas which are not "just like that" accessible.

...you crazy alpaca or lama or what that is :)

Haha! I think it's a llama. But no I totally get what you meant by that. I was just saying about the shipwreck because someone had brought up the flooded shipwreck idea.

Id agree with something like this like that "Metallic something" Could be a Stationary Fuel tank you can fill up inside your base and it could remain post Restarts if not used it despawns like a vehicle

Id agree with something like this like that "Metallic something" Could be a Stationary Fuel tank you can fill up inside your base and it could remain post Restarts if not used it despawns like a vehicle

i agree. could be valuable items for later base building purposes

my idea is to create some "stationary" maybe even hidden constructions/devices/resources that could be "unlocked" due to interaction between several players or maybe even with a lot more effort of course by one alone. a sense of "End-game" that could enrich a gaming experience in the long run. 

next example:

scenario:
a crashed truck on one of the "new" northern serpentines. The truck lies in a dense forest section in a very steep terrain. By coincidental discovery of the wreck one would notice a more or less massive diesel engine on its load bed.

idea:

get this engine out from the wreckage and transport it back to a safe haven. One would need a strong car and a t least a strong cable winch. (add some magic here why it would be easier for more men/women than for a lone wolf on his/her own).

goal:

use the diesel engine stationary on a location to restore electricity......or how about a pick-up truck with a diesel engine on his load space to create a wheeled power source? ;)

Edited by joe_mcentire

my idea is to create some "stationary" maybe even hidden constructions/devices/resources that could be "unlocked" due to interaction between several players or maybe even with a lot more effort of course by one alone. a sense of "End-game" that could enrich a gaming experience in the long run. 

next example:

scenario:

a crashed truck on one of the "new" northern serpentines. The truck lies in a dense forest section in a very steep terrain. By coincidental discovery of the wreck one would notice a more or less massive diesel engine on its load bed.

idea:

get this engine out from the wreckage and transport it back to a safe haven. One would need a strong car and a t least a strong cable winch. (add some magic here why it would be easier for more men/women than for a lone wolf on his/her own).

goal:

use the diesel engine stationary on a location to restore electricity......or how about a pick-up truck with a diesel engine on his load space to create a wheeled power source? ;)

Things like that don't really make any sense, though. Maybe you could have randomly spawning wrecks (like they do with Helicopter crashes now) that can spawn certain things (Like generators or supplies), but they should be random.

Also, restoring electricity would have to be to only a very specific area (I.E; not restoring the entire power grid) because of how much there is to take into account;

downed/damage wires due to combat and general weathering, destroyed circuits, and also the possibility of having permanent damage due to a power surge.

And it would take a lot of work for the devs to make an electricity system that's super-endgame anyway.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Things like that don't really make any sense, though. Maybe you could have randomly spawning wrecks (like they do with Helicopter crashes now) that can spawn certain things (Like generators or supplies), but they should be random.

Also, restoring electricity would have to be to only a very specific area (I.E; not restoring the entire power grid) because of how much there is to take into account;

downed/damage wires due to combat and general weathering, destroyed circuits, and also the possibility of having permanent damage due to a power surge.

And it would take a lot of work for the devs to make an electricity system that's super-endgame anyway.

well i could see a sense. everyone or at least some would know the location but it would be a risky and highly complex undertaking to -  for that example -  retireve the desired items/loot. the idea is that by the time ppl would know about such a location and this would give them the possibility to - should the occasion arise - team up to achieve something very special OR the possibility to fight over such things. so i think you wouldn't really need this "random" aspect.

it is like your example: the power plant.

everyone knows it is there, some know you could do something with it and a few may try to restore power.

this would provide some kind of end game as you would need eventually scarce ressources to get these items, maybe even additional manpower and the WILL to work together. (although my idea also suggests this for lone wolves). would be nice to see which servers evolve back into somewhat functioning societes ;)

I agree it would be a lot of work, but what if this work would be worthwhile?

talking about complexity, it was Dean himself talking about possibilities to restore power and create even your own alarm system and security circuits (cf Minecraft)

don't take the examples too serious as the are of course flawed to some extent, they are mere suggestions what these items/locations to be "unlocked" may look like.

You can also think about easy examples:

.) a hidden room behind a wall or a closet you could interact with (maybe with additional ressources)  

.) an unreachable attic (portable ladder maybe? or something else?)

Edited by joe_mcentire

How about this. I know it would not be done, but it is funny so I will share.

An underground bunker.. or some such construction. The only entrance is locked with a combination padlock. Players would have to figure out the combination in order to get in and get za loots or whatever. Then the lock is reset with a new combination. hehe    It would at least make some good youtube vids!  :D

How about this. I know it would not be done, but it is funny so I will share.

An underground bunker.. or some such construction. The only entrance is locked with a combination padlock. Players would have to figure out the combination in order to get in and get za loots or whatever. Then the lock is reset with a new combination. hehe    It would at least make some good youtube vids!   :D

regarding player "instanced" bases rocket ineed mentioned some things like the one you mention here...so at least we can hope. ;)  let's say Rocket approves this!

regarding player "instanced" bases rocket ineed mentioned some things like the one you mention here...so at least we can hope. ;)  let's say Rocket approves this!

Any chance ya got a link for that? Cannot seem to find it via google..

edit: nvm, believe i found something on it from Rocket

Edited by Cormyr

Not sure about a shiny tank, but something like a T72 with a broken firing pin (fixable/ replaceable but ammo's rare) and Broken tracks (mendable but is very fuel hungry) and... A bit of rust to clear up sounds good, but everything should have a counter... A big enough IED should do the trick, jihad car?

I'd like to keep a it similar to the way it is now, its hard for a single guy to fix anything up tank should require at least 3 with 5-7 hours of searching under their belt (not loot stacking like you people probably do).

Tank shells should spawn in military areas, climb inside old, cramped burnt out T72 tanks to see if there's a working firing pin or live round in the chamber.

this has been discussed a lot of times..cooperation needed to achieve special content, be it lore or greedy doesn't matter..the point is that i never saw a clue about this kind of stuff from the devs(i can be wrong)

it's a good idea.

i'd keep it lore/cosmetic-------> trolls griefers won't be attracted but can give a player a cool factor which cannot be ignored by dedicated players

Not sure about a shiny tank, but something like a T72 with a broken firing pin (fixable/ replaceable but ammo's rare) and Broken tracks (mendable but is very fuel hungry) and... A bit of rust to clear up sounds good, but everything should have a counter... A big enough IED should do the trick, jihad car?

I'd like to keep a it similar to the way it is now, its hard for a single guy to fix anything up tank should require at least 3 with 5-7 hours of searching under their belt (not loot stacking like you people probably do).

Tank shells should spawn in military areas, climb inside old, cramped burnt out T72 tanks to see if there's a working firing pin or live round in the chamber.

yeah the idea was not about the tank :)

Have fun "taking care" of the tank...repairside and fuel and all :lol:  Would be a good place to build your camp around though as a stationary defense.

• Like 1

I like it....i made a thread a while ago about getting people to team up....and activitys for teams that don't involve killing other players....this could be it. Heres a couple of ideas to help with the cons....sry for any repeats.

Camping - That's a really easy fix....make 5 (or jus 1 to make it super rare) of the special objects and have them in random places each restart using the existing crashsites system. If the object has already been recovered (using the super duper tank as an example) it wont spawn again till destroyed. If they were extremely hard to spot then it wouldn't be something that people could "farm" or find all 5 in a heli in 30mins.

Teams Having The Power - that's not even a con, that's the way dayz always has...and always will be lol. I never check spawn points anymore for cars...i jus head into that belt of forrest around the map. Then you aren't just finding a car...its usualy fully repaired and comes with some loot :D

i guess you could tweak several tiny conditions to prevent e.g. camping. what i ask myself is, how likely it would be to create such "randomly distributed" sceneries, i.e. different little sub-locations (a barn, a shack, a construction site, a ruin, camps, checkpoints etc.) that would spawn with every server-restart in a different location. of course this could create other problems (switching-servers)

Edited by joe_mcentire

so, due to recent events and the new discussion about random events ingame: how about also random locked/blocked doors/room/shacks or areas on higher/lower levels such as attics or basements e.g. where you would need tools or teamwork to access them? for example a sledge-hammer or ane axe to get into a room or a portable ladder/movable boxes/tables etc to reach an attic/basement

Have fun "taking care" of the tank...repairside and fuel and all :lol:  Would be a good place to build your camp around though as a stationary defense.

Maybe, never said it should be easy to keep going... Did I?

I really don't know this is an old thread.