Sign in to follow this  
JamesMoore

hokay so i just had an idea

why are there so few cars in Chernarus? and why so few planes at the airport? the game is probably set in or around 2011, meaning it's 2011, meaning the world has over 1.2 billion cars rolling apon its surface. zombie apocalypse doesn't mean aliens abducted 98% of the worlds cars, there should be atleast 3k cars in Chernarus, compared to about 50 currently, if that.

Planes are also another topic, there's currently aircraft flying above the earths surface, you're lucky to find 1 helicopter at the NWAF. Aliens didn't abduct 1,457,650 of our aircraft, why does DayZ act like they did?

Sorry if this post is stupid and i'm missing something about the storyline but...it's a big country with big roads, and big airfields.

Have you not seen the 4000 blown up vehicles along the roads?

Also, I always figured the remaining survivors took the planes, helicopters, and cars and left chernarus with them. Simple as that.

And if you want more vehicles, why not play on one of those stupid, stupid servers with 500+ vehicles?

Have you not seen the 4000 blown up vehicles along the roads?

Also, I always figured the remaining survivors took the planes, helicopters, and cars and left chernarus with them. Simple as that.

And if you want more vehicles, why not play on one of those stupid, stupid servers with 500+ vehicles?

here I dunno where to reply on that reply...first off, Maybe there should be more fixable cars and less cars that were blown up for no reason by nobody...and second off, I don't go to the "stupid servers with 500+ vehicles" because they're just one server, not 5000+ official servers. Isn't it logical for there to be more vehicles that are active in a country like Chernarus?

Maybe the majority of the population fled the country? If you were a pilot at the airport, you think you would've left by now. Plus if the pilot left their plane there, then one of the other 100,000 civilians trying to escape probably would've stolen it before you got there...

• Like 1

why are there so few cars in Chernarus? and why so few planes at the airport?

After the outbreak, they were all quickly hoarded by bandit clans and abusive admins.

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

Maybe the majority of the population fled the country? If you were a pilot at the airport, you think you would've left by now. Plus if the pilot left their plane there, then one of the other 100,000 civilians trying to escape probably would've stolen it before you got there...

This is a good example of the whole "this is your story" motto.

Really, you can speculate whatever you want about the lack of vehicles. Everyone fled in cars and planes at the start of the outbreak. For me, I think the lack of vehicles that you can drive is realistic enough. There's so many destroyed vehicles simply because all the working ones are gone.

Why the hell would I want to play in a server that has 500+ Vehicles.

Exactly my point. Why would anyone want to play a zombie survival game like that?

Yet there's tons and tons of servers filled like that.

Ahh of course the never ending realism vs entertainment argument. Makes sense on paper but sucks as a game.

I don't want the map to have 573892 cars but atleast maybe 1 working car every 4 miles isn't very ridiculous, is it?

Really?

If you want a lot of cars go play wasteland. I laugh at the 500+ vehicle servers. Seriously, why don't they just play wasteland? I'm sure they'd like it better. More cars, more guns, more pvp, and no annoying zombies that everyone complains about.

I stick to vanilla DayZ with limited vehicles. Resources (including vehicles) are meant to be scarce.

I don't want the map to have 573892 cars but atleast maybe 1 working car every 4 miles isn't very ridiculous, is it?

Who knows? That's what makes having a car so special and important to a player in DayZ. You learn to covet things like cars and bikes because you never know when you'll find another or if you're going to lose it sooner or later.

It's all part of the DayZ experience. I don't have a problem with vanilla servers' vehicle population. I like the scarcity of vehicles because it makes the value increase, enhancing what the game is really about for me. If you have a problem with not enough vehicles, then I guess that's your problem:/

It is ridiculous, because it still means every player I meet is going to be in a vehicle..well come across, since I don't really meet them. They meet my bullets, I meet their loot. POINT IS, No. no I do not want the whole server driving around in cars and helicopters and boats and bikes and whatever else.

Edited by Spentmind

If cars are a commodity players will try and get one ASAP, but the problem I have found is when you can't find one you just know a group has a nice collection hidden away somewhere.

I always look at the fact there are so few because people fled the area, the unlucky ones being the wrecks we see around the map. (Which should be a source for source for spare parts. (Always found it astonishing you could find spares dotted around the map)

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

there werent even that many cars in Arma 2s story line lol. i think they did fine. After all it IS a 3rd world country.

"You just went full Retard."

While yes, it doesn't make much sense that nearly all the cars in Chenarus were destroyed, keep in mind this is a mod of a game, so they had to work with the limited tools the game had, and if they had a say 10 working/repairable cars in each village they would lose their value quickly. While it would be nice if more cars were in repairable condition normally, remember Chenarus is a ex Soviet backwater. I mean for god's sake, its railway is a signal track mainline with no Yard other than a few industrial hubs and ends as a branch line in Berezino rather than carry onto (what I assume) is the bordering country to the north east.

It's fine, it's not supposed to be GTA.

I sometimes play on 500+ vehicle servers just to rape with helis, and even there vehicles are 'rare'; people suck at driving/flying them, destroy them or similar, so more vehicles isn't the way to accomplish your goal of actually increasing vehicle density. Players 'control' the amount of vehicles, those who care will hoard and protect them, the rest will destroy them and increasing the vehicle limit won't make a big difference.