Sign in to follow this  
leviski

When will zombies be fixed?

So since the latest patch and I know there are a million of these "dayz is too hard now" threads but this has to be a bug or something i have found.

My legs broke for reasons unknown (happens to all of us) and while I was crawling to a nearby hospital zombies continuously kept aggroing me for absolutely no reason. And I don't mean they came after me from like 10 feet away they would start running at me from up to 90-100 meters away.

Now I don't know if this is a knew implementation saying that the zombies can smell your blood or broken bones but if this is a bug and not something that was implemented on purpose it really needs some attention because crawling shouldn't attract the damn glitch monsters from 100+ meters away.

Just wanted to discuss if this has happens to anyone else?

• Like 1

yeah. I was once sneaking in the treeline outside of cherno and from like 100m away down in the city, This zombie just starts sprinting up the hill at me!....

the zombies are broken, no doubt about it, but thats arma 2's fault. not DayZ.

the only thing thats wrong thats dayz's fault is the zombies that can apparently hit you through metal and in mid air (helis and some cars)

• Like 2

Read the patch notes again, it blatantly says they can smell your tears.

• Like 1

Read the patch notes again, it blatantly says they can smell your tears.

They kind of do indeed. I know what OP means as they - the zeds really appear to have some kind of tracing ability. That or they know about you at all times but are made to pretend they dont know.

Example - have you observed how some zeds ''suddenly'' change their path and head your way or wander into the building you happen to be in, without even seeing you?

They kind of do indeed. I know what OP means as they - the zeds really appear to have some kind of tracing ability. That or they know about you at all times but are made to pretend they dont know.

Example - have you observed how some zeds ''suddenly'' change their path and head your way or wander into the building you happen to be in, without even seeing you?

Yea its terrible but its the best they can have i suppose in a mod. they have minor ESP i think..lol and can you through shit hopefully its fixed or at least better in the standalone. I just really feel bad for the new people comming into dayz, they wont get to do the classic sneak all through a small down past zombies just to get a pistol..now they will get eaten just trying to slowly inch their ways in.

Zombie behaviour is hard to control. The v175 betas had wildly different zombies in each build.

The v1751 release is actually quite good in comparison to some of the builds.

v1752 is being tested right now, and the zombies are a bit easier in the current build (but that might change in two days time). In addition to adjusting the normal parameters, some code was added yesterday which decreases the chance of you being seen when crouching/prone. Also, the line of code which made a zombie occasionally randomly spot you was removed.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 1

Zombies do not wander in completely random directions. They have a greater chance of walking towards a player than towards nothing.

Since the patch I've noticed however that they do seem to have shorter attention spans than before, for instance if they follow me into a building I crouch still and out of sight and mostly they will just lose interest and wander out again. Also quite often I have actually sprinted past zombies (mostly at NWAF when I'm running up and down the hangars) with their backs to me and they have not seen me. I mean ran past at full sprint within almost a metre of them.

Then other times they spot me through an entire building as I'm crawling lol, but there are certain areas on Cherno at least where I know what will happen depending on how I act as the zombies always do the same things there. ie crouch half in the end room doorway in a barracks building and they will usually wander off, do the same in the end bedroom in the pub and they will come right up to you.

• Like 1

Yea zombies are a nuisence right now, the admin of the sever i play on is changing his server back to the last patch for now to deal with it.

A new thing I never seen before is zombies climbing ladders

in the next patch, problably rocket will add zombies that shoot mk48's saying that it's for the game's immersion, normal zombies are too easy to avoid. Lmao.

Or zombies driving cars, who knows...