Clevername

Version for Mod Compatibility?

Is it necessary to own Combined Op's for the mod to work? Could I pirate it and get it to work (Sorry in advance if thats looked down upon) Otherwise I need to know what patch version works with the mod and what combinations of Arma 2 and the DLC's I need.

Guest Suffocation

Yes, you need ArmA II and ArmA II OA which makes ArmA II CO to play this mod.

Pirating is illegal and is frowned upon, plus the lead dev of this mod, works for BIS (the company who make arma) though he is not accepting donations for this mod, buying games to support BIS is something you can do to support it. You need patch 1.6 to play which is the latest patch out.

You do not need any DLC's though with the PMC DLC you get better textures for the PMC stuff and is recommended you play with it, though its not a necessity as stated before.

Come on man, its one of the cheapest, recent FPSs out there. And the most value for money

Guest Suffocation

The lead developer works for BIS, so there is a strong possibility that this will happen yes, but nothing is set in stone as of yet. From my understanding. I could be wrong.

To be honest, this mod in Arma 3 will boost sales by a noticeable amount...

...just sayin

Thanks for all the feedback! I like Bohemia and want to support them, its just most of my friends aren't willing to pay for something they think is a flavor of the month. I was just wondering if pirating the correct version would work, or if there is some sort of compatibility issue.

Guest Suffocation

I HIGHLY doubt it will work, but as I have never tried it I wouldn't actually know. Like I said though, I advise you don't do it.

Its uncool and supporting the game developers is a good thing to do, otherwise things like this won't be possible.

Guest Suffocation

No timeline right now, It may not even come.

Someone from the team may want to expand, or they may not.

Sorry.

We have no timeframe in which the port to ArmA 3 will occur as of now.

However, the main parts of the mod are proven to be working with ArmA 3, so it might be a matter of a few days to port the whole thing over.

But I doubt we'll just abandon our ArmA 2 player base, though, so even after the release for ArmA 3 there should be ArmA 2 servers floating about (Day Z has over 2/3 of ALL ArmA 2 OA/CO players!).

And with ArmA 3 releasing September/October, ArmA 2 is still well worth its money.