Sign in to follow this  
Draco122

[SA] Firearm Safeties

When I play, I always keep both fingers on the RMB instead of one on the left and one on the right... shooting can be such a pain ;) Also if you Alt-tab, when you click back in you might shoot off a round witch could get you killed..

So i fully support this idea.. teach people gun safety, even if it's in DayZ.

Anyway, guns looted off the ground should be random in their selected fire mode... i.e. An M4 can be on fullauto, semi or safe... you have to deal with it when you pick it up.

and their should be a very small visible indicator that the guns are on safety too.

It wouldn't even have to be a keymapping. If it can be done from the gear menu, in my mind that better simulates the action of turning safety off or selecting a fire mode.

Mapped controls are actions which your avatar performs, the gear menu is a combination of interactions with clothing, items and weapons.

why not just double click of the mouse wheel to toggle safety on/off and again what will be enough for the most of us is just:

You can map whatever you want to whatever you want. :wacko:

I won't be double mouswheeling anything, Not with this piece of crap, sticky bastard of a thing.

point is, it is quite simply and fast to implement, so why not? more authenticity at no cost, at least at the most simple implementation.

Edited by joe_mcentire

After my experience last night with Alt-Tab and firing eight rounds out of my 74, I'm with you.

Edited by FlashHawk4