meanboss

[SA] Firing from cars

Good?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Good?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, this isn't GTA

Passengers, Stick your head and arm(s) out the window and open up a can of nothing much because your accuracy will be horrendous (but slightly better on road /vs. off) unless the car comes to a stop.

Edited by meanboss
  • Like 1

Every time I'm in a vehicle I wish we had some sort of "drive-by" feature.

It doesn't matter that you couldn't hit the side of a barn. Anything is better than 2 fully-loaded vehicles battling side by side up the road, with everyone just glaring at one another unable to do anything about it. :P

It'd be fine even if it was restricted to sidearms. I can't imagine it being very easy to take aim with an AK out the passenger side window of a Skoda.

As long as the accuracy was utterly horrible, I don't see why this couldn't happen. Like Chabowski says, it'd be a lot more realistic than the current method where you're limited to trying to get them to crash into something inanimate.

I agree, but only if you aren't allowed to use LMGs, Snipers, and explosives. And with what Target Practice said, with the accuracy.

Not only is there the PvP aspect like y'all are talking about, but a big one is zombies too. Now that they can hit me in my car, I want to shoot them from inside it too.

Hello there

This has been a long wished for thing by arma fans.

It *is* doable, and I believe it is in VBS2. But whether we will ever see it in a *civilian* proggie is another thing.

Rgds

LoK

It *is* doable, and I believe it is in VBS2. But whether we will ever see it in a *civilian* proggie is another thing.

What do you mean by 'civillian proggie'?

Snipers

LOL snipers in a drive by would be hilariously awful i would see no issue with allowing them, they would be impossible to use

• Like 1

Add it. Just with short weapons, sticking a sniper rifle out of your window isn't the best idea ever.

Along with this, allow boat passengers to shoot.

And don't forget bicycle drive-bys, you could shoot a handgun with one hand :D

Edited by Sutinen

And don't forget bicycle drive-bys, you could shoot a handgun with one hand :D

*fun fact* I used to own a Dutch "anti tank" bicycle from ww2.

LOL snipers in a drive by would be hilariously awful i would see no issue with allowing them, they would be impossible to use

They could be allowed to be used, but since the accuracy would be so damn terrible, they would have to stop the vehicle completely. Sniping out the helo ftw.

• Like 1

They could be allowed to be used, but since the accuracy would be so damn terrible, they would have to stop the vehicle completely. Sniping out the helo ftw.

I wanna Blackhawk down that shit from the side of a huey

• Like 1

I think you should be able to shoot while driving, but only passengers, not the driver. And have them shoot with very bad accuracy, almost like a suppression fire only, unless the car was stopped you could aim without getting out. So in a car chase or something maybe you can hit a few or mainly scare them away, but yeah, nothing fancy.