smKes

Dayz Sahrani initial test release of v0.2 is out, join the fun!

since I manually installed ver 0.21 I cant see which version I have in dayzcommander and when I click a server I only get to the lobby and then get kicked out without any message popping up.

Tried to disable @Dayz in expansions, but it wont let me click anything...I also see @dayz_sahrani there too.

You need to override the part in the commander where it looks for your @DayZ folder to run the mod, and set it to look for @DayZ_Sahrani (or whatever the filename is) instead.

You need to override the part in the commander where it looks for your @DayZ folder to run the mod, and set it to look for @DayZ_Sahrani (or whatever the filename is) instead.

Also did that...but now im getting past the lobby but then get a message saying I have the wrong version DAYZ_CODE....I have 1.7.5.1, server running 0.21

Edited by svisketyggeren

Also did that...but now im getting past the lobby but then get a message saying I have the wrong version DAYZ_CODE....I have 1.7.5.1, server running 0.21

You are still running @DayZ in expansions. DayZ commander thinks you want to run both, because DayZ commander isn't used to this kind of thing. If you click "launch DayZ now" the commander will think you want to run the original mod too, regardless of override. That may be the issue, but.... The only expansion that has DayZ in its name should have Sahrani attached to it. You need to launch ArmA without commander, go in and turn off expansions. Then, restart it, search in the server filter "horror" and join DayZ Horror's Sahrani #1. DayZ commander just isn't going to work for most people, right now. It's useless anyway, as there's only a few servers of Sahrani and you can't even search for them in the program. Run it manually and you should have no problems, once the appropriate expansions are enabled/disabled.

Edited by McCullins

For those using DayZ Commander, there was an update to that, which has caused problems launching Sahrani, however I believe there has already been an update that fixes the problem. However I can not confirm that 100pct.

We are working on a unified installer for our package so it will create a shortcut launcher icon on your desktop for sake of ease...

I will *edit* post so that it will explain how to create a Desktop icon " pre to the install program" so people can play now!

Please sort this out!, I cannot join for shit even after following the instructions carefully. Just get it on commander much much easier for people

Please sort this out!, I cannot join for shit even after following the instructions carefully. Just get it on commander much much easier for people

Pushing for a release when the map is unfinished is a bad idea, IMO. It'll make people frustrated with the map and the bugs it holds, and put people off of it for that. I installed Sahrani easily:

1 Downloaded it

2 Extracted it

3 Opened C:/program files (x86)/Steam/Common/ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead

4 Dragged @DayZ_Sahrani into C:/program files (x86)/Steam/Common/ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead

5 Opened ArmA 2: Combined Ops regularly, without any launchers

6 Went to expansions, enabled @DayZ_Sahrani, disabled @DayZ, and made sure no extra expansions were running, like SMK, ACE, ACRE, and the like

7 Restarted ArmA Combined Ops and launched it the same way

8 Went to multiplayer and searched "horror"

9 Found the Sahrani server

10 Joined it

11 Had fun, killed more people than on any other map (mostly in defense tho, lol), had more fun, and keeps on going.

And I did it all without looking at the installation guide.

Pushing for a release when the map is unfinished is a bad idea, IMO. It'll make people frustrated with the map and the bugs it holds, and put people off of it for that. I installed Sahrani easily:

1 Downloaded it

2 Extracted it

3 Opened C:/program files (x86)/Steam/Common/ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead

4 Dragged @DayZ_Sahrani into C:/program files (x86)/Steam/Common/ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead

5 Opened ArmA 2: Combined Ops regularly, without any launchers

6 Went to expansions, enabled @DayZ_Sahrani, disabled @DayZ, and made sure no extra expansions were running, like SMK, ACE, ACRE, and the like

7 Restarted ArmA Combined Ops and launched it the same way

8 Went to multiplayer and searched "horror"

9 Found the Sahrani server

10 Joined it

11 Had fun, killed more people than on any other map (mostly in defense tho, lol), had more fun, and keeps on going.

And I did it all without looking at the installation guide.

My version- 1.62 Version needed- 1.62.101480 wtf

I have done everythin exactly the same as you!!!! I just get told server rejected connection

Edited by Lid

Pushing for a release when the map is unfinished is a bad idea, IMO. It'll make people frustrated with the map and the bugs it holds, and put people off of it for that.

This is not our reason for not putting it out to DayZ Commander... I will leave it at that I suppose, Our current "map" does not hold any major bugs

Problems with the 3rd party launchers are also nothing to do with the map devs or the server hosts either... DayZ commander I believe updated and had some issues with calling even the normal dayz mod properly.. or maybe it was problems calling any OTHER mods that they already support... I'm not sure... but it's my understanding that was fixed in a patch quickly or could be fixed by some user intervention the whole time? that's just not where my/the dev teams focus is.

If you have made a launcher and it's getting you into the Sahrani Launch screen then any problems from there out are either with client side or server side versions...

Dev team is working on a unified installer that should just drop a shortcut on your desktop for a quick/painless option moving forward.

Our focus is making this map port something very special and different. and releasing the server side publicly on an update to update basis would likely compromise our ability to test lots of factors and keep lots of other factors close to our chest till the public release...

Right now the closed test really needs some tuning up and we are working on both sides to make sure that is what happens.... We are sorry for the problems in the interim but long term this WILL make for a much better launch and map for players and hosts alike.

Thanks for all the input guys, Sorry for any frustration you're having, and LOVE LOVE LOVE all the videos and streamers!!!!

we are not releasing the .2 server files publicly. A future version will be made public for the server side. We have plans to change the map/game pretty drastically over the next month or two so it's kind of pointless to release until we have a more solid base of THAT build... not just rush out a functioning dayz port of the map sahrani... which is what it is now (with some added buildings, weapons, vehicles, AND game mechanics)... but it's no where near as far as we are going to take it.

So for now it seems like the best choice to have it only released on the client side.

This will change long term, it will be a public map/project.

I can't wait to play this map. I tried loading up for the first time today and it's not letting me join serves due to the version number of the game. I checked my DayZ version and that's up to date. So I uninstalled Sahrani and went to reinstall but it said "You already have V 0.21 installed, do you want to reintall?" I've said yes and it's now updating. I have a strange feeling it's not going to work. However, I'll do as best I can to get this correct as I'm really looking forward to having a look at this.

I have done everythin exactly the same as you!!!! I just get told server rejected connection

got the solutions for this:

just type -mod=@dayz_sahrani;@dayz_sahrani in Additional Launch Parameters in the settings...

-mod=@dayz_sahrani;@dayz_sahrani

• Like 1

It should tell you what version you're running and what version the server is running.

If not when you get bounced back to the Arma Multiplayer menu you should see version numbers there.

DayZHorror.com's mod's are very helpful too.

I managed to fix it and play a little. I had to run it a different way, it took me a few hours to get it right but I'm in. Looks really great, I'm excited to play more. Thanks

• Like 1

I have downloaded the map several times now, with the installer and just the unpacked file, but i still didn't manage to get it working. I tried everything, changing the directory of which AO is launching, didn't work.. i changed the path in dayz commander..

when i launch it with the commander, i get "on" the server, but then i get kicked into the main menu. i tried everything that has been described here but nothing works :(

are there any other solutions yet?

I have downloaded the map several times now, with the installer and just the unpacked file, but i still didn't manage to get it working. I tried everything, changing the directory of which AO is launching, didn't work.. i changed the path in dayz commander..

when i launch it with the commander, i get "on" the server, but then i get kicked into the main menu. i tried everything that has been described here but nothing works :(

Dont bother wasting your time with it, I spent a few hours trying to fix it and when I did the map wasnt anything special tbh,

The problems are due to DayZ Commander... you should REALLY follow the tutorial on how to make a desktop launcher it will solve ALL your problems for playing our map...

@Lid. We aren't responsible for the quality of the map lol, it's a BI map and it's one of the BEST, Largest, and most detailed, and varied terrain maps there is... you clearly did not explore AT ALL if you honestly think the map isn't "special"...

And again that isn't due to ANY of the work we've put in yet...

For those who are interested our next release will be a HIGHLY tuned/customized/stripped version of .21 with all the additions/updates from official DayZ Mod1.7.6 (IE No food item removals)... but VERY stripped down thanks to LONG hours put in by our lead programmer.

This is more a a "staging" step than anything else, it will allow for VERY large additions to the code in terms of mechanics, features and items...

Here are some Sneak previews of additions in the works:

ZombieHooker_zps0348efd9.jpg

OpenDayZBus_zpsf8cc83a1.jpg

There will also be a "DayZ Mod Forums" and "DayZ Standalone" bus added... :)