Sign in to follow this  
duphapotimas

Horrible performance.. decent computer?

Before you read the title and say, you need a really good computer to play dayz.. I honestly don't know if my computer is that good so I said decent. Here are the specs, ---

AMD PHENOM II X4 965BE 3.40Ghz CPU

AMD RADEON HD 6950 2GB OC EDITION GPU

4GB G.Skill GAMING RAM

1TB SAMSUNG 7200RPM HDD

The most fps I've gotten while playing Dayz (not in a city) is 28fps on absolute lowest settings at 1920x1080. My computer can max out most games so if you have any advice tell me.

Get an SSD or use Ramdisk if you're using neither.

Would I be able to allocate enough? I only have 4gb (for ramdisk)

Four gigabytes of extra RAM would be more than enough. Also, try this tweak:

Go into C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\ArmA 2 and open arma2.cfg and arma2oa.cfg in notepad.

Find GPUmaxframesahead and GPUdetectedframesahead. Change the number after those to 1.

DO this in both files. Then start your game and turn off mouse smoothing.

• Like 1

Go into C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\ArmA 2 and open arma2.cfg and arma2oa.cfg in notepad.

Find GPUmaxframesahead and GPUdetectedframesahead. Change the number after those to 1.

Yep, this also worked for me, saw a youtube vid that said it should help, and it did. If that dosent help, try turning down post -processing effects and terrain detail to improve performance.

Edited by z11ab

I meant I only have 4GB ram in total. I'm thinking of upgrading to 12GB or 16GB just to put this entire game on a ramdisk. I'm going to try the second thing you said though and report back to see if that does anything.

EDIT : That helped a little, it is more playable now. Instead of a choppy 25 frames per second it is now a steady 30 fps. getting closer to playable, but too slow to do things effectively or react quick enough.

Edited by duphapotimas

I meant I only have 4GB ram in total. I'm thinking of upgrading to 12GB or 16GB just to put this entire game on a ramdisk. I'm going to try the second thing you said though and report back to see if that does anything.

EDIT : That helped a little, it is more playable now. Instead of a choppy 25 frames per second it is now a steady 30 fps. getting closer to playable, but too slow to do things effectively or react quick enough.

Turn off post processing. It does nothing but make everything blurry, and eats up framerates. Next, try turning down HDR. Then try turning shadows to high because it will take some pressure off of your CPU.

Another thing you can do to improve performance quite a bit is turn down the resolution. Just make sure to keep the interface and 3D resolutions set the same as each other.