intensity

Hiding spots in buildings?

Due to zeds being confirmed that they'll be running inside buildings, etc., I thought of the idea;

Why not allow us to hide inside of wardrobes, closets, and such? As long as the zed(s) didn't see the player go inside of the spot, after a couple of seconds, they would lose interest and leave (or not).

(Similar to how you hide in Amnesia?)

Thoughts?

• Like 22

*bandit places gun infront of wardrobe* *waits* *kills player* *waits* *kills crawling players* *leaves

• Like 1

I like this idea. Would be interesting if you could open a bit the door to have a quick look at what's going on outside, and some closets could have a small "window" to look through.

(sorry for approximative english lol)

• Like 1

*bandit places gun infront of wardrobe* *waits* *kills player* *waits* *kills crawling players* *leaves

Not sure what you're getting at here? If you're suggesting the bandit is hiding in the wardrobe, then I'm pretty sure the sensible course of action is to simply prevent the player from shooting whilst in the wardrobe.

• Like 1

Not sure what you're getting at here? If you're suggesting the bandit is hiding in the wardrobe, then I'm pretty sure the sensible course of action is to simply prevent the player from shooting whilst in the wardrobe.

Possibly make the current player in the spot, have to hold their gun upwards, until the door is opened?

• Like 2

but its easy to shoot out a wardrobe......why should they add something that restrict the player from doing things they can do

also you could just get out of the wardrobe shoot them and go back in...

Possibly make the current player in the spot, have to hold their gun upwards, until the door is opened?

good idea but they would still have the jump on the player in the "loot pick" animation
  • Like 1

good idea but they would still have the jump on the player in the "loot pick" animation

Maybe if you hold still enough they won't notice you're there...

Maybe if you hold still enough they won't notice you're there...

honestly if there was a tra situation (1 door room 1 wardrobe 1 gun) i'd attack the wardrobe XD
  • Like 3

This is a great idea, not only hide from zombies, but maybe you hear a bunch of players and decide they are to many to take or something, you can hide from players also. If they are picky and open the wardrobe for loot, well you have to take this risk, but if they are the ones who just make quick runs for loot, you may be safe, but the tension it would create would be nice.

I wouldn't make to be able to shoot from inside the wardrobe, but the idea of setting up ambushes like that is a good idea, but if the bandit is gonna jump them, then they should get out and shoot, that way maybe the victim has a chance?

I would guess there are way more examples than a wardrobe, but just look at all the ideas we found there lol

This is a great idea, not only hide from zombies, but maybe you hear a bunch of players and decide they are to many to take or something, you can hide from players also. If they are picky and open the wardrobe for loot, well you have to take this risk, but if they are the ones who just make quick runs for loot, you may be safe, but the tension it would create would be nice.

I wouldn't make to be able to shoot from inside the wardrobe, but the idea of setting up ambushes like that is a good idea, but if the bandit is gonna jump them, then they should get out and shoot, that way maybe the victim has a chance?

I would guess there are way more examples than a wardrobe, but just look at all the ideas we found there lol

Maybe it could require you to pull out your side arm and can only shoot it (instead of your primary) while inside.

Edited by Intensity on DayZ
  • Like 1

hmm, no, why? because doors should hinder them, objects should be moveable so you could block a door, and with the combat roll you should be abble to go over these objects, climbing over trees or walls, you get the idea, movement and ways to hinder their movement should be the key element, and maybe working the code so that they will only chase you when spotting and almost any sound they will investigate, they will search for you near the last know location, zombies are really badly designed in this game, they should be reworked from zero. its more of a job for BIS, the mod will stay like crap unless a real developer has the courage to scrap rockets work and work solely on them, which would take 2 to 4 months or a lot more lol

hmm, no, why? because doors should hinder them, objects should be moveable so you could block a door, and with the combat roll you should be abble to go over these objects, climbing over trees or walls, you get the idea, movement and ways to hinder their movement should be the key element, and maybe working the code so that they will only chase you when spotting and almost any sound they will investigate, they will search for you near the last know location, zombies are really badly designed in this game, they should be reworked from zero. its more of a job for BIS, the mod will stay like crap unless a real developer has the courage to scrap rockets work and work solely on them, which would take 2 to 4 months or a lot more lol

I was referring this idea towards the standalone lol. But I do appreciate your opinion.

Feels a bit like Hitman Blood Money; breathing heavily as you peek out of the wardrobe hehe. Seems an ok idea, quite hard to implement perhaps. Would your body physically disappear when you were inside?

• Like 1

What they should add indoors is the lousy zombie modes from CoD or such games, where you could chop up wood and bunk yourself in a house or something and nail down the windows and door and have a little base to camp for the day and then leave. This would keep you safe (for a while). If people approach a house that is sealed shut, its because there are people inside, whole new event happens just there. Or if you are safe inside with friends, add a mindless bunch of ideas for mini games like playing cards or a Monopoly you found in a kids room xD

I do know they are enhancing inside gameplay and gunfights, so it would be a great addition to the SA.

Edited by Sinkatze
  • Like 1

Would your body physically disappear when you were inside?

The players model would still be there ofcourse. They could shoot, but only with their secondary.

Something like out of Hitman? Why not hide bodies too?

• Like 1

haha i just love how well this work in amnesia. were you can hear sounds outside and peek out as you open the door just a little, so fun and scary. would be osom in dayz ;)

• Like 2

haha i just love how well this work in amnesia. were you can hear sounds outside and peek out as you open the door just a little, so fun and scary. would be osom in dayz ;)

This is kind of how I would like for it to work. Just not sure on how the opening of the door could be set into the controls for DayZ.

This is kind of how I would like for it to work. Just not sure on how the opening of the door could be set into the controls for DayZ.

i think you used the scrolling button on your mouse in amnesia. The faster you scrolled the faster you open the door?

• Like 1

(Similar to how you hide in Amnesia?)

Thoughts?

Yes! Underbeds, behind shower curtians. I would enjoy hiding from other players this way also. And I really like the way you open drawrs in Amnesia, that would be a nice bonus.

• Like 2