Sign in to follow this  
kiowa96

Crash sites?

Hi all

So this is my 6th day of playing dayz and I was still not able to find any crash site,I know this has been asked for 100 times but I just dont get it.I walked from cherogorsk to airfield on foot and find nothing.Is it possible that server has disable that?I only found huey on skalisty island and mi-8 near pusta but with no fuel ofc but no crash site?Should I explore more or is it just matter of time?

The new patch varies them more so they are much rarer than they used to be. Rather than just spawning them all in one go once the server restarts, they are now delayed to spawn at different intervals.

Edited by Box
  • Like 3

The new patch varies them more so they are much rarer than they used to be. Rather than just spawning them all in one go once the server restarts, they are now delayed to spawn at different intervals.

What he has said, but also I have made that walk several several times and found nothing many times. It just take time mate

• Like 1

I found crash site only on private server, no on public servers after last update. If anyone found crash sites on non custom servers, please confirm, best with ss. Thanks.

They are pretty hard to find now. Even in a chopper it can take an hour of flying to find one. I haven't found ANY in the places I used to find them before the patch.

They are extremely rare, and even rarer after the patch. Your best bet is to fly around in a heli at night and look for new spawned ones (they will be on fire, so they are easy to spot, especially with night vision). Walking from the beach to the airfield is such a small percentage of the map you will almost never find one.

• Like 1

thx guys!I already tryed that map but it didnt worked.

Razor also noted that if helicrashes are spawning, there is something server side that admins should be doing that fixes it (rather, he said that helis not spawning was a server-side issue)

HeliCrashes are completely random now, for example. on a server restart, one may spawn 30 minutes after the restart, then another one will spawn 1 hour after that. and so on. Sometimes, up to 5 helis can spawn, sometimes, none at all. you quite literately at the mercy of the game.

From what I've heard, it's also based on a 6-hour server life, meaning that the crash sites will randomly spawn over the course of these 6 hours.

This also means that any servers that restart more frequently than 6 hours won't have a whole lot of crash sites to loot. :/

They are meant to be rare - thats the point. Finding one should be a stroke of luck (or not if someone is camping it)

You'll find one eventually.

• Like 2

Played since the patch not found one, there's rare then there's annoying, I used to find one or two per play session but this is a bit too much!

It would maybe help if Razor49 actully explained how the spawns work I've heard several conflicting reports and on the private server I play on having three hourly restarts think this messes it up even more?

One of the few things I enjoyed as a lone wolf survivor was heli hunting, oh well one more thing taken away, save us one and only stand alone you're our only hope!

It was not taken away,they just removed few of them to look more realistic and I actually like that.I dont see any point of finding 2 crash sites one by other,it is really stupid and too easy for players.

• Like 2

Well u guys would not believe what I just found at the airfield :)post-144206-0-77215400-1360786497_thumb.

It was not taken away,they just removed few of them to look more realistic and I actually like that.I dont see any point of finding 2 crash sites one by other,it is really stupid and too easy for players.

Zombie apocolypse and realistic.

How are these choppers crashing in the first place? At least two by each other suggests a (near) collision. Obviously a real collision would leave those helis more wrecked then they are in-game, but avoiding a near collision can almost be worse than the actual collision, if the pilots overreact/backwash into each other.

They are RARE.... which is awesome.... Keeps the HIGH grade stuff to a Min.