Sign in to follow this  
biohazardii

worth buying arma now?

I was thinking about buying arma 2 now to get dayz? Do you Guys think its Worth buying it now still the standalone is Beine released Sometime this Year?

Arma 2 itself is a great military simulator. I wouldn't only calculate DayZ when it comes to purchasing Arma 2.

• Like 5

You're a little bit late to the party, but I still squeeze a little bit of fun out of DayZ now and then.

Arma 2 itself is a great military simulator. I wouldn't only calculate DayZ when it comes to purchasing Arma 2.

I would like to see more dayz players with this attitude.

But arma 3 is also supposed to be released so I Would Run Risk Buying ist just before it would be released. do you know any further Information on when dayz or arma 3 are supposed to be released?

I would say it would be good to have both the mod and the standalone, i think they will still be updating the mod after standalone release.

Edited by Raider

Hello there

If you have never experienced the goodness of arma I urge you to try it. (Try Arma2free etc) if you want a taste of the gameplay.

It's the thousands of user made mods/missions that make it for me. check Armaholic or the Bohemia forums for a taster of mods etc.

Don't wait for A3. (buy it the second it comes out, but don't wait for it)

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Nonononono not if you only want it for DayZ, wait for the Standalone :)

• Like 1

I wouldn't buy ArmA 2 at this point unless you're really interested in playing the other mods like Takistan Life and such. There are virtually no 'traditional' ArmA 2 servers left, a few still run NPC missions; but almost all the PvP you will find will be on mods such as TL and Wasteland, etc. I'm not trying to take away from these at all, I have a lot of fun playing them, but if you only want to play Day Z, I'd probably just wait.

The mod thats out now, Day Z, is much different from what the standalone is supposed to be.

Hello there

If you have never experienced the goodness of arma I urge you to try it. (Try Arma2free etc) if you want a taste of the gameplay.

It's the thousands of user made mods/missions that make it for me. check Armaholic or the Bohemia forums for a taster of mods etc.

Don't wait for A3. (buy it the second it comes out, but don't wait for it)

Rgds

LoK

so you think it will be released on E3?

I was thinking about buying arma 2 now to get dayz? Do you Guys think its Worth buying it now still the standalone is Beine released Sometime this Year?

Before you plan on buying it.

* Can your system support it?

Before you plan on buying it.

* Can your system support it?

Yes,

I can Run all New Games on Ultra :D

still thanks

I'll give it my best shot; ArmA II: Combined Operations is not a bad game at all, it's a war simulator. But if you would buy it just to play the DayZ mod, then don't buy it now. In any moment, DayZ Standalone will be released, and that's your best option. You just need to wait a bit. Still, I repeat, ArmA II as a game is not bad, if you want to play the game aswell, and not just the mod.

But also there's another thing to be taken into consideration - ArmA III is also in development. Although, for ArmA III you'll have to wait more because as far as I know it's not going to be released soon.

My point is, that you should wait and not buy it now just because you're excited to have it. If you're pacient maybe the results will be better.

• Like 1

who cares, just buy it. Not like it costs very much. Must suck to have to worry about 25 dollars.

Not all of us live in the United States, or in Europe, my friend. Euros and dollares are not our cash and maybe our cash is less, or more worthy than the standard dollar or euro. For some of us, 25 dollars could be a worry. For me as an example, in my country, one U$S dollar equals 6 coins, and one euro equals almost 8. Plus, I must pay 15% more for online purchasing, such as Steam. Some of us have to manage the money well, my friend.

I wouldn't buy ArmA 2 at this point unless you're really interested in playing the other mods like Takistan Life and such. There are virtually no 'traditional' ArmA 2 servers left, a few still run NPC missions; but almost all the PvP you will find will be on mods such as TL and Wasteland, etc. I'm not trying to take away from these at all, I have a lot of fun playing them, but if you only want to play Day Z, I'd probably just wait.

The mod thats out now, Day Z, is much different from what the standalone is supposed to be.

Arma 2 is only 15 bucks, and the SA isnt coming out for at least a couple months. That's still two months minimum of gaming, at .25 cents a day! It's a no-brainer really.

No, it is a complete waste of money. Arma II is complete garbage, and the mod is the only thing that makes this game good.

lol you must be kidding, I bought ARMA2 for Dayz a few months ago, since then I have clocked up 50+ hours of wasteland and 20+ hours of Taki Life.

the game is awesome on its own and has a huge multiplayer base without DayZ.

Yes,

I can Run all New Games on Ultra :D

still thanks

Ah, so this is why you can't afford the games..... ;)