Macterror

Tips for a newbie

Hello everyone!

started playing the mod yesterday and i got a couple of hours in already and so far what i try to do when i spawn is head to the nearest town and try to find weapons and food being as careful as possible in avoiding zombies. Of course maybe im just not good in stealth but so far i havent been able to find a single makarov (i did find some mags tho) and inevitably il aggro a zombie i cant get rid of.

what do you guys do usually when respawning? head to the nearest town, inland, any help is appreciated

When I respawn I usually try and head to balota and looks the medic camp/airfield then make my way to Cherno, then go north or just sit around in Cherno and snipe people depends on my mood

I took a look at the guide and it was a good read :) I am although looking for more experiences as how to people like to start their survival adventure

I took a look at the guide and it was a good read :) I am although looking for more experiences as how to people like to start their survival adventure

Hang in the Macterror. There is a learning curve. Do not let others killing you jade you in game. I mean I dont mind so much getting killed for my gear at least there some justification but getting snipe from far off just to be killed makes me sigh.

Best of all have fun whatever your fun is.

here are my 2 tips

1. If you are in first person you can turn off head bobbing in game options. That way you don't get sick seeing your screen go back and forth when you are First Person, prone and moving.

2. use you mouse look as you move. As you are moving, with W for example, hold down your left alt (might work with right alt but I have never tried) and move the mouse left and right to look left and right. (this is with default keybindings). This is a great way to keep your head on a swivel while traveling.

I made a video about learning the inventory system - received a lot of positive feedback from new players. Check it out -

I only started playing today but I found that heading into the more built up areas didn't yield me much and I died a few times. I found an AK in the ATC tower of the air strip in the south, it was reletively easy to get in round the back of the hangers, I just kept crouching and went slow. I'm heading north now in search of food and water.

I made a video about learning the inventory system - received a lot of positive feedback from new players. Check it out -

Thanks for the link, I already know how to do stuff but I enjoy watching well made videos about the game I'm currently infatuated with. Good job man, look forward to more of your stuff. :)

Thanks for the link' date=' I already know how to do stuff but I enjoy watching well made videos about the game I'm currently infatuated with. Good job man, look forward to more of your stuff. :)

[/quote']

thanks dude...I really appreciate all feedback