neoslayer

DayZ Standalone Forum Best Ideas

what i really want to see is some way to be able to take prisoners, like ways to restrain people.

im thinking like handcuffs, headbags, zipties, maybe even just rope(for a lesser quality, easier to break out of binding), or duct tape,

i want ways to effectively take prisoners, i also want to give prisoners ways to effectively break out of those bindings if their captors aren't too bright. for instance, a pocket knife could cut duct tape, rope, and zip ties, if they forget to take it from you, handcuffs should require either lockpicks or a key.

shoot someone, so they're helpless on the ground, bind them, bandage them, pick them bring them to a vehicle, fix em up and torture them for info, put the restrained dude in a chair and knee cap him, let him almost bleed out and just before hes ready to die you bandage him up lol. then tell him you just ran out of bandages haha, and you dont think hes going to make it through the next round of kneecapping.

on the other side of that how awesome would it be to get captured, have your captors not check your pack, get you in their vehicle, take you back to base and then when they stop the car you just get out and start murdering people restraint free.

using these restraints you could even use prisoners forcibly as mules for extra storage on the way back to base, well until their time comes of course.

Edited by djzombie

this is awesome i hope rocket sees this one in praticulur and also the survival one as well

First post.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but i'd like to see heavier items, such as the 'large jerry can', being carried in one hand and the option to 'carry' backpacks/duffle bags while you're wearing one (you can only use your sidearm while these are in effect).

Imagine; you and your friend are traversing the wastelands. You have a jerry can in one hand and a pistol in the other, your friend has a duffle bag full of scrap metal and car parts. Running low on ammo, you're both trying to find a car to fix up and use to escape the nearby zombie horde!

Could be pretty fun for immersion.

You might also find these two running along and snipe the jerry can blowing them both up... If you're into that. :bandit:

• Like 1

Hey.

First time I'm actually posting some on this forum. Tell me if I'm completely off, but this is where to put suggestions right?

Well. I kinda vision the huge world of DayZ and it might be somewhat dull. I mean if it's always summer and blue skies and stuff. I think adding more weather engines would actually improve the whole 'feel' of the world and help to let players "live" their characters. I mean, this world is so dark and cold. You basically live on the run and former friends and strangers are trying to make a meal of you. If you were to add like, rain and storms it would make the whole experiance come to life. For instance when a storm hits it would be a good idea to seek shelter. If there's fog for some reason you'd be a fool to walk on the road and stuff. Where you would just hide in a random room with a friend or two while you have no clue what's going on outside.

I know it might not be possible and it would take a lot of work and stuff.

I would also think that you could like add seasons. As for winter and spring and stuff would be awesome. I'd piss my pants way more often if I were hunted by dead men while it was snowing and the melancholy embracing me while wandering the road with snowflakes and stuff. I mean, it would add something to the deep dark world that an 'endless summer' just aint able to add.

I mean, who doesn't love short days and long cold nights in a zombie struck world? :P

Tempest-Cookie.

I think they should make duck tape fix EVERYTHING.

Alright, joke aside :)

I think that when you put a weapon in your backpack that obviously is bigger/longer than the pack, it wont go inside, but instead attach itself on the side of the pack.

Of course, hand-guns and smaller automatic weapons, will fit :)

what i really want to see is some way to be able to take prisoners, like ways to restrain people.

im thinking like handcuffs, headbags, zipties, maybe even just rope(for a lesser quality, easier to break out of binding), or duct tape,

i want ways to effectively take prisoners, i also want to give prisoners ways to effectively break out of those bindings if their captors aren't too bright. for instance, a pocket knife could cut duct tape, rope, and zip ties, if they forget to take it from you, handcuffs should require either lockpicks or a key.

shoot someone, so they're helpless on the ground, bind them, bandage them, pick them bring them to a vehicle, fix em up and torture them for info, put the restrained dude in a chair and knee cap him, let him almost bleed out and just before hes ready to die you bandage him up lol. then tell him you just ran out of bandages haha, and you dont think hes going to make it through the next round of kneecapping.

on the other side of that how awesome would it be to get captured, have your captors not check your pack, get you in their vehicle, take you back to base and then when they stop the car you just get out and start murdering people restraint free.

using these restraints you could even use prisoners forcibly as mules for extra storage on the way back to base, well until their time comes of course.

No offense, but something like that would be terrible for the game. For every one person that took another player hostage for some sort of story or roleplaying based encounter, there'd be 99 who used it purely as a way to grief. You'd have roving gangs of bandits who's only "goal" in the game would be to take hostages and then taunt/torture them until they rage quit, either to go to another server, or to another game. The game doesn't need any features that allow one player to essentially remove another player's ability to do anything besides watch the game for potentially hours on end. It would mean that every time you got attacked, you'd have the risk of essentially being stuck with an indefinite respawn timer before you could play again, and during the whole wait you'd have to deal with some 14yo insulting you. No thanks.

• Like 1

I really hope the delay upon death is getting fixed for both zombies and player.

Its really not cool that after shooting someone in the head they still have time to kill you before they drop dead themselves.

I also hope they implement the ability to see if you hit someone, and im not talking about a hit marker, good lord no! (:

But im talking about, blood splatter, body reaction (flinch, I think its called) and vocal reaction, or even the sound of your bullets hitting your target, depending on the distance between you and your target of course.

(dont know how realistic the last one is, even if you're up close)

I cant remember if I heard this or not already.

But if a feature like taking somebody out with a knife, rope or maybe a bat from behind were implemented.

There should be some challenge in it, and not just be able to run up behind them and do it quickly.

Im thinking maybe it should require you to walk (sneak) up to you target.

Knife = Kill

Rope = Knock Out

Bat = Knock Out + Dmg

If it is implemented right, it could be an awesome feature.

Reply your ups and downs about it (:

Imagine opening a house door and the owners starved/infected dog bursts out, or you enter a room with a zombie on a chair who wakes up when you get close. Maybe you see a zombie with chicken feathers in his mouth, or one stuck on barbed wire. What about a zed that's in chains way up north in a field, as a kind of scarecrow. What i'd really like is to find a squad of secret service zombies tucked away somewhere with sweet loot drops. If there was a variety of events like these i think it would keep looting fresh and spawn great tales.

So player on player interactions are currently, shooting each other, talking, saluting, nicking things from unsuspecting backpacks or providing items like "Hey i got this wheel for the car you just trashed. You got toolbox right?" /facepalm. Great as they are an MMO needs emotes, taunts, team moves like peg ups to get over walls, maybe throwing ammo to each other.

Even death could be cool, falling to your knees like in Platoon.

In last dayzdev blog the new inventory system has been introduced.

Because of the new inventory design, some wise ass bandits going to play the game with their nearly naked characters (underwear).

To prevent this, body temp should be effected with the temp outside. Or we are going to see lots of naked survivors shooting with an enfield in cherno :D

In last dayzdev blog the new inventory system has been introduced.

Because of the new inventory design, some wise ass bandits going to play the game with their nearly naked characters (underwear).

To prevent this, body temp should be effected with the temp outside. Or we are going to see lots of naked survivors shooting with an enfield in cherno :D

I'm fairly sure that clothing will eventually be tied to temp ect. making different clothes have differing benifits so you always have to weigh up things like storage,camo,warmth ect.

I'm fairly sure that clothing will eventually be tied to temp ect. making different clothes have differing benifits so you always have to weigh up things like storage,camo,warmth ect.

If so, then it will always be best to wear thick clothes. Becoming a near-nudist will be solely for the luls.

Dean wants to enter the underground shelter or home. I was thinking, if you make a release just do not)). Let's say you play and suddenly hear a buzz, a lot of different stamping and shouting, you know that you have little time and it is time to seek shelter). Under the rumble and clatter, I mean zombies, but more dangerous moving enduring that move large crowd .. It will be something Tipo immigration, they can appear anywhere, drive anywhere, and those who are caught in their path (even regular zombies) will be torn and eaten. Perhaps this idea can recall other games. I think it is feasible if Dayz will make more mobile than it is now ...

Google translate)

I had this idea for quite some time now, it might sound a little bit over the top considering the rather "realistic" feel of the current DAYZ but could be a scary addition to the atmosphere of the upcoming standalone game.

Here is my suggestion:

Regarding the zombie development from what we heard so far zombies are going to be present on the whole map the entire time no matter where players are to avoid scouting for player presence right? (stable server tests with 2000 zombies on chernarus map according to devblog if i am correct).

In addition to the standard zombies, how about if there would be JUST ONE (because otherwise it wouldn't be so scary) big massive mutated zombie randomly found in the countryside of Chernarus. He is muscle packed and about 6 meters high.

He would be traveling through the whole Chernarus Map on random routes so you never know where he could be. And maybe he gets drawn in from great distances by players (shooting, talking) as he can hear sounds over way larger distances then normal zombies. When he approaches players from about 2km distance players would hear a distinct distant sound which would tell them immediately that it is this kind of big zombie (scary dark growling noises, foot stomping (like the T-Rex in Jurassic Park).

When walking through forests or passing trees this zombie would have the attributes of a Arma 2 Tank regarding throwing over trees when a tank drives over them. This means the big zombie would ignore obstacles such as walls, fences, trees and everything else which is more fragile then a house.

When players would encounter that zombie they cannot simply hide in houses hoping the zombie does not fit through. He will literally charge against the house people are hiding in until it gets destroyed.

Players would only be able to survive if they would either:

- kill the Big Zombie( either with a couple of grenades or Anti Material Weapons such as m107s or AS50s, or just a heck load of bullets)

- or by simply running away trying to shake off the zombie (he would be way less able to be shaken off as his senses are extraordinary good.)

Adding all these factors it would give every player a very paranoid feeling that they might encounter him in the open landscape of Chernarus. But if they would hear him approaching they could still try to get away or hide before he even gets aggro.

I don't know what game the down below picture is but imagine a nighttime event when you prown in the bushes and this big zombie would just walk past you/towards you like this. Wouldnt that creep the hell out of you?

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

giant_zombie.jpg

Read before Comment plz

This ideas are from you guys, and just wanted to put em in a single post. exept for the Running and go prown will make you loose 30 blood

This ideas were accepted for more than the 70% of the answers in each post.

---Environment - General---

*A train or metro that goes from east to west and players have the ability to sit and drop in every station (with zeds spawns)

*Easter eggs (each one telling a part of how the infection began)

*Add minefields

*All servers go Day/Night in fast cycles

*Player start with a global map (showing only roads and cities) but by looting he has a chance to get City maps with more detailed info

----Fauna & Flora---

*Agreesive wildlife In a very small amount, bears / wolfs.

*Fishing in dayz

*Having Renewable sources of Food (Growing plants, collecting from trees)

*Greatly increase the wildlife spawning.

*Have infected wildlife and no meat value when killed.

---Realistic loot locations---

*Mental hospital on the outsides of the city (morphine, adrenaline, bandages)

*Jail on the outsides of the city some military loot (police weapon (meele, tazers, stun guns)

---Alarms---

Some buildings and cars should be alarmed

Town Sirens (bring hordes to the city)

---Vehicles---

*Being able to add armor or extra protection to vehicles (reinforced windows, spikes, etc)

*Being able to use weapons inside a vehicle,

*Being able to Siphon Fuel out of other vehicles for your one

*Some houses should have garages which you can find a vehicle in.

*Being able to put a bicycle on your car trunk or with an added item (bike rack)

---Character:---

*Add dash skill

*Suicide option

*Make Players Unique (Big choosing options such as in Saint Row the 3rd)

*Being able to retrieve clothes off dead bodies.

*Wearing Certain items for example a jacket will keep you warm, if you have a hat or helmet on and its hot it keeps you cool.

*Journal

---Added Skills:---

*Be able to give yourself blood, but need another item to do so.

(1 blood bag & 1 injector/ needle)

*Advanced 'Carry Body' Mechanic

Improve: being able to carry a body that's wounded, being beneficial means of carrying an immobilized partner from a broken bone or simply from unconciousness/shock.

If your partner gets shot or attacked from a zombie while carrying, the body will automatically fall to the ground and could possibly die or go into further injury

*Hiding a body should require an entrenching tool

*Alcohol could be implemented as an antiseptic to reduce infections on wounds.

---Crafting Skills---

*Craft molotov bombs with empty whiskey bottles + Jerry Cans

*Melted tin cans makes metal scrap. (only way to get it)

---Items---

*Bulletproof vests: Reduce dmg from some weapons

*Defribrillator (looted from hospitals, medical tents and heli-crash sites (Only 1 use inside of a 20-30 sec window since player got killed)

---Zombies---

*More zeds spawning on night time (making players look for a shelter)

*Spawning random hordes on main cities

---Chat---

*Side chat only to talk to admins

*Long communication (an acre),

*Short comuniaction (300 meters)

*Group communication (150 meters)

*Whisper (50 meters)

---Weapons & Ammunition---

*Flashlight combined with side weapon

*Hunting Knife combined with rifles to make bayonets

*Combining clips that are partialy depleted into one clip. this would save bag space.

*Stun gun disabling (knock out) players for 30 sec (one hit only)

*Tazer (1 use, knock out player for 15 sec)

*Peper spray (blur players view for 15 sec)

*Baseball / Cricket bats

*Golf clubs

*Swords / katanas

*Batons (minimal damage, maximum knockout)

*Homemade flamethrower

*Weapon bash, depending on the spot and weapon you can only blur your enemy vision, or pass him away for a few seconds.

*Supressors

Batteries for flashlights!

i like many of them especially the flora and fauna ideas and being able to shoot out of vehicles. Personally i do not like fast day/night cycles. it should be synchronized with the server time.

Take my last can of beans! Great ideas dude. EDIT: Just realised they're not your ideas, but still great post.

Edited by Dekkymane

Fuck about 3-4 of those ideas

this is not some pussy casuals game

Nice list, beans.

90% big yes. Very practical, seems doable.

Maybe not a subway train, but I like the idea of tunnels or catacombs.

More zombie stuff.

Ever greater zombie variety-gender, ages, physicality, strength, speed, all that.

Zombies should seek a bit. I think they should look around more purposefully for people. Not too hard though, after all they are jacked up, but it seems a little off that they'd be completely aimless until you aggro them.

• Like 1

The apoclypase started when an american guy ate a burger which wasa infected, because the one who made this burger accidently put radio-active juice instead of ketchup, then he got infected and he infected the people in the burger place

I have a idea, they should add police stations and inside the police stations are gun lockers that can only be entered if you pry the gun locker door open with a crowbar. I also think they should add a few semi-auto sniper rifles. I would recommend that you can only find the semi-auto snipers in military camps.