Sign in to follow this  
IcyZ

Number of Players/zombies killed

So after a forum search i did i saw that lots of guys had the idea of getting a trophy for every kill,make it a body part,or dog tags,or something similar.I dont really support the idea,but i'd like to have a way to show how many guys you killed,to yourself but to others as well.Wearing a necklace or having some dogtags will just promote killing on site just for the jewllery.So i thought something that may sound stupid,but it could be nice.Every time you kill someone(player,zombie or both) you use a piece of chalk and you make one line on your weapon's stock,you know,one "I" for every kill,and at every fifth kill you draw one "/" line over the past four.the number should stay on the gun if you drop it or if you die and someone else gets it.The drawing should not be automatic though,when u scroll your mouse,you will have an option saying "count kills" or something,and then it add all your kills on the stock,and then an option "look at stock" to see the kills.

If not on the stock,you should count your kills on the back of your backpack or something

That's not important to guys that just join,kill,die,repeat,but i really like it.For example,before my other account got banned for no reason,in the main hive i had a guy alive for a loooooong time,with full gear,and i had lots of murders and bandit kills,cause i was roaming the north side of the map,daily trips from nwaf to d castle,then neaf,then back to nwaf,just for fun.after debug was gone i had no way to count my kiills.Plus,we need to show to other players our "skills",so noobs will think twice before trying to kos a guy saying "friendly" with a murder count of 20+

This game isn't Battlefield, its a survival game. Kill counts can be important when they lead to an endgame, but this just looks like a way to stroke your ego.

when you have a character that survived for 60+ days,you lose count of kills and you want to know how many kills you have,zombies/players and bantits.plus we need something more hardcore for bandits than just a towel on the head.change of outfit means nothing,numbers do.when i helped a random survivor as a bandit he asked me how i got the bandit skin since i was helping people.he didnt believe that i killed 20+ guys up north.call it showing off,but since bandits choose to survive the hard way,by killing and looting,the should at least be able to show it to others

You're just helping prove our point.

The Debug monitor has been added back in. There's your player stats.

If you have a bandit skin, you obviously killed players. That's a no brainer.

You're just helping prove our point.

The Debug monitor has been added back in. There's your player stats.

If you have a bandit skin, you obviously killed players. That's a no brainer.

yeah,but it's different to be a bandit cause you killed a hero that stole your car or loots your tent,and being a bandit cause you and your buddy cleared nwaf from 8 fully geared enemies.as i said in my second post (and i think i mentioned it in the op) yes,it's to show off as well

I thought of a high-tech solution to your problem.

If you want to keep a tally of the kills you've racked up, get a piece of paper, and a pen or pencil, and do it yourself.

DayZ isn't about a scoreboard you can fap to.

• Like 2

I thought of a high-tech solution to your problem.

If you want to keep a tally of the kills you've racked up, get a piece of paper, and a pen or pencil, and do it yourself.

DayZ isn't about a scoreboard you can fap to.

i can fap to everything,trust me xD

and i didnt say scoreboards,i said notes on your gun or backpack or something.it'll look more badass and show that your character went through lots of stuff etc

If that kind ot system is implemented, I think you're taking a very narrow view of what can be done with it.

Aye, you could just chalk up your kills.

BUT, you could use a feture like that to carve a name into your main weapon, (I like to have unique EVERYTHING. Get's me more involved)

or write "if found, please return to Berezino Hospital roof. Thank you"

The way you'r on about it, it just sounds like a tally-boner.

being able to etch into your gun sounds cool, also patching up or writing/ drawing on your backpack too. adds a personal touch -stealing or prying it from a players dead hands with lots of personal touches would be awesome ...

wonder if there's going to be practicality to gun and suit personalization ?? like taping 2 mags together to get faster reloads or adding extra pockets to your clothes, straps on your guns extra..

doubtful in the first release of the stand alone but maybe for the future as long as it sticks to updating the game you have and not Dayz 2 or maybe even 3

Kill count is a bad thing because you don't have to confirm that you've killed someone. Takes out part of the mystery and suspense, and I think the debug monitor should be removed, because you wouldn't just know things like that unless you kept track.

I believe that something like that is just not the way to go. I think the introduction of either a diary or just pen and paper will solve this type of problem. Some players will definitely keep kill counts and combat experiences written down as well as other misc material. What I like about this though is players can write whatever they want so you can't always tell what is fiction and what is not.

• Like 1

I'd wear ears as a necklace and finally returning to my camp after getting lost my friend mistakes me for a zomble.

@sakka i really support the idea of a diary,i mentioned it in another post that i'd like to have a small notebook or something that we can use to write stuff,store our map and write important coords or smthng

• Like 1

No one runs around killing zombies like spastic randoms anymore , because there is no need to , as there is no scoreboard , they only kill zombies out of necessity .

The only number I care about , is how many times you combat logged or exploited to keep your character alive to reach 100+ days lived , and 30+ murders .

But then not really much about that either .

Edited by Jars

No one runs around killing zombies like spastic randoms anymore , because there is no need to , as there is no scoreboard , they only kill zombies out of necessity .

The only number I care about , is how many times you combat logged or exploited to keep your character alive to reach 100+ days lived , and 30+ murders .

But then not really much about that either .

i dont know since when you play dayz,but i play it since april.back then "friendly" actually had a meaning,and most of the guys that tried to kos were noobs that are too scared to talk.and since it was something new,me and my clan were trying not to aggro every zombie in the map.surviving on chernarus is not hard if you know what you're doing.plus,as i mentioned earlier,me and one clanmate cleared the nwaf from 8 guys,they all ran in the control tower,making it easier for us to attack.we rushed openingn fire,2 m4's shooting while they were busy disconnecting,it looked like they were server hopping to snipe players in the af.we killed 5 of them and then the remaining 3 as they were running down to our floor.these guys had EVERYTHING.so the rest of my clan came with the car and we loaded everything in,we were all fully geared.so we were sorted.we didnt need to loot anymore,we were just playing for 2-3 hours everyday,gathering zombie kills and looking for vehicles,we always had bloodbags epipens and morphine on us so we made sure noone dies.

Like I have stated in many quite a few other discussions , having a scoreboard alters peoples play styles , they play for the stats .

Now there is no "ZOMBIE LEEDER BOARD" , people only kill zombies so they can do the things they need to do , not just kill them to get "points" .

That's how it should be ( in my humble opinion ) .

why not have a after death leader board so after you die and your AI decaying carcass starts trying to eat people. tally up the nom noms

@sakka i really support the idea of a diary,i mentioned it in another post that i'd like to have a small notebook or something that we can use to write stuff,store our map and write important coords or smthng

Yeah I totally agree. If I am not mistaken I do believe that Rocket did mention that writing would be introduced in the standalone.

Yeah I totally agree. If I am not mistaken I do believe that Rocket did mention that writing would be introduced in the standalone.

yeah,i think he did!i don't know how hard it is to add it in the game,but i'd really like to be able to collect dead guys' diaries and then sit next to a fire in the woods and read them,then write my own story on my own diary etc