Cap'n (DayZ)

Acceptable age to play?

How old should someone be to play?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. What is the acceptable age to play DayZ?

I dont think its fair to have an age limit, because everyone gets mature at different times. They're are screaming 13 year olds that squeak in the communications, and there are also responsible 13 year olds that are mature play the game for fun and cooperate. Same goes with all ages.

Could care less if you are 8 as long as it isn't 420YOLOSWAG360HEADSHOTNOSCOPEOPTICBEASTELITESNIPERCOMBATEXPERTFAZECLANSWAG

you know, that type of shit. Hell, I don't even care if you are a squeeker, yeah I will turn my mic volume down, but can I deal with you? Yeah. Its about how you act, maturity? Nah. I like to make jokes as much as the next guy, videos games are meant to be fun, and when you are playing with friends, I feel it should be kind of lighthearted. Friend accidently runs into tree, blowing himself the car and everyone else up? Laugh it off.

I have seen some pretty big hard ass clan leaders on here. YOU SAY NOTHING THAT IS NOT MISSION CRITICAL.

Plus: You would be suprised, some people you know, might be ALOT younger then you think. Hell, back when I was 10-12, I was already using the mic. But I asked people, how old do I sound. Never have I gotten something under 15.

Edited by Krihelion

Hell, back when I was 10-12, I was already using the mic. But I asked people, how old do I sound. Never have I gotten something under 15.

*cough* they were being polite

I doubt that, the one guy was so surprised he asked his girlfriend to be a judge

Some people just have deepvoices, and there is same thingi on the other side of the spectrum. I have met 16 year olds who sound like they are 12.

or psychic disabled xD

Sent from my mobile Device and now i have big ePeEn!

Disclaimer warning: To long of a post. Please excuse spelling/grammer :D

I used to play Eve years ago. Played it for almost 4 years before I got tired of the direction they were taking it. But I have an experience with a couple kids that summed it up for me very well.

We had a crew that was 40 strong, we did not except anyone under the age of 18 and most of the guys in our crew were easy going with rare outbursts/arguments. Two people joined up knowing the age limit but were outed by another member within a week. Up until that time they both behaved decently, but had a few issues that came to be a bit suspicious. Neither claimed to have mics, but that was just them both trying to hide their voices. They both claimed to have purchased mics on that same day. I spoke with them both for an hour or so with both of them proclaiming and vowing to be great members with little to no problems. I cant stress enough how much they claimed to do anything to stay within the graces of the crew. It was not until later that night, that we had to ask them to leave the corp. At the last minute, knowing they were out, they both started to cuss, slander, vow to steal, destroy and wreak havoc due to us making them leave.

If you have ever had to listen to kids act in this manner, then you know exactly why most mature people want to trace their IP’s, hunt down and beat the parents/children with a large club. I have raised 4 kids, all of whom do not smoke, drink or do any kind of illegal drugs. Don’t get me wrong, I have plenty of friends that drink, smoke weed and cigs. I smoke cigs and regret it with a passion and used to smoke the best Blue Velvet on the planet. But they all have chosen/decided its not in their best interest, due to the fact 2 of them are attempting Doctorates in Medicine, while the other 2 of them are interested in Law.

Don’t misinterpret my explanations as a badge on “my” chest, they have all worked very hard for their lives and health. I will say it was a very difficult process of consistency discipline and love….. But I taught my kids how to be good decent little fuckers. I see to many parents that don’t.

My point in this “way” to long of a post. Most children I run into, are people I don’t want to share game time with. Because they have been raised with a lack of respect, and maybe a complete lack of discipline. So most of them I hear in chat are complete assholes.

I want some of my time to be with older people, and is it to much to ask for a couple good games to be left for us Adults...... :(

Edited by Arkael Dren
  • Like 2

I'm not so concern with the player but I am concern with the Admins being kids since most are not mature.

I used to play Eve years ago. Played it for almost 4 years before I got tired of the direction they were taking it. But I have an experience with a couple kids that summed it up for me very well.

We had a crew that was 40 strong, we did not except anyone under the age of 18 and most of the guys in our crew were easy going with rare outbursts/arguments. Two people joined up knowing the age limit but were outed by another member within a week. Up until that time they both behaved decently, but had a few issues that came to be a bit suspicious. Neither claimed to have mics, but that was just them both trying to hide their voices. They both claimed to have purchased mics on that same day. I spoke with them both for an hour or so with both of them proclaiming and vowing to be great members with little to no problems. I cant stress enough how much they claimed to do anything to stay within the graces of the crew. It was not until later that night, that we had to ask them to leave the corp. At the last minute, knowing they were out, they both started to cuss, slander, vow to steal, destroy and wreak havoc due to us making them leave.

If you have ever had to listen to kids act in this manner, then you know exactly why most mature people want to trace their IP’s, hunt down and beat the parents/children with a large club. I have raised 4 kids, all of whom do not smoke, drink or do any kind of illegal drugs. Don’t get me wrong, I have plenty of friends that drink, smoke weed and cigs. I smoke cigs and regret it with a passion and used to smoke the best Blue Velvet on the planet. But they all have chosen/decided its not in their best interest, due to the fact 2 of them are attempting Doctorates in Medicine, while the other 2 of them are interested in Law.

Don’t misinterpret my explanations as a badge on “my” chest, they have all worked very hard for their lives and health. I will say it was a very difficult process of consistency discipline and love….. But I taught my kids how to be good decent little fuckers. I see to many parents that don’t.

My point in this “way” to long of a post. Most children I run into, are people I don’t want to share game time with. Because they have been raised with a lack of respect, and maybe a complete lack of discipline. So most of them I hear in chat are complete assholes.

I want some of my time to be with older people, and is it to much to ask for a couple good games to be left for us Adults...... :(

You are doing it wrong. You run into 2 bad apples, now you want adult only games.

You are doing it wrong. You run into 2 bad apples, now you want adult only games.

Im 42 years old, did you not understand my message? If that is what you gained from my post, I would simply ask you to open your mind a bit, then re-read the whole story. I really can not believe that was your response. I am not going to insult you, although I feel you insulted me with such a huge lack of wisdom. That is what you gained from my post??? Really.... :( Have the last word, I wont respond to it again. I hope someone out their can lend a hand with this gent, and help him better to understand "all" of what my post had to say.

Im 42 years old, did you not understand my message? If that is what you gained from my post, I would simply ask you to open your mind a bit, then re-read the whole story. I really can not believe that was your response. I am not going to insult you, although I feel you insulted me with such a huge lack of wisdom. That is what you gained from my post??? Really.... :( Have the last word, I wont respond to it again. I hope someone out their can lend a hand with this gent, and help him better to understand "all" of what my post had to say.

You had nothing else relevant in your post. You said that you ran into kids without respect and what angels your children are so you are entitled to adult only games where you don't ever as so much have to say a word to someone under 18.

Seriously take a long hard look at what you have posted.

To me, age doesn't matter, your mental stability/maturity is what matters.

Its probably gonnabe 15+, but since most parents dont give a shit...

Gee, I bet your a fun person to be around in real life.

But, Did you dislike them because they were assholes, or because they were children? That's what we're asking.

If I were to elaborate, I mean that you either think:

Children should not be able to play whether they are spoilt immature brats or respectable mature kids, however you feel that an adult can play regardless of if he is a cool, calm, responsible dude or a douchenugget.

OR

You feel that mature, sane people should be allowed to do as they please, be they 18 or 12, and that the assholes/easily impressionable should stay off it, even if they are legally an adult.

At the same time, there is really no way to tell whether or not a child is mentally stable/matured enough to warrant access to a game with violence/etc, but there's also no saying they're not, which is why I strongly feel that every parent should allow their kids to try out these more mature games, but only whilst they can supervise. If your kid (BTW, I'm not directly referring to you whenever I say "you", only to those that this applies to) is shooting at a body on the floor screaming "HAHAHAHA DIE STUPID FUCKER" down his microphone, he obviously isn't matured enough to play, and if you're not watching to stop them, not only are you potentially ruining that child's mind, but you are severely degrading the experience AND social image for those who ARE mature enough. On the other hand, if your kid's there playing the game as it is meant to be played, having mature conversations, and exercising logically sound behavior (e.g when angry at the game, simply taking a break instead of screaming), I feel they'd be perfectly fine to play it, even if you're not around.

I do feel sorry for those good kids who try to socialize online. Anyone who is older immediately belittles them, and I despise those types of people. I remember back when I still had an Xbox 360, and I was an avid Halo fan. I met someone who had just turned 13, and we met in matchmaking and we worked well together, decided to party up and spent quite a few hours playing. We ran into plenty of dickbags who were like "lol stfu mickey mouse", but we quickly silenced them (either they were surprised that I would stand up for a little kid, or that we worked so well together we practically shut down their entire team).

All in all, I feel that it goes against logic to look at age over mentality. How old you are never reflects how mature you are.

Edited by Rage VG

DayZ is only a mod based on ArMA 2. I'm sure same age ratings apply to a Mature rated game that it does to a mod. I think it should be kept at +17 for it's description might offend some people; violence, language..

Age is only a number and your mind can act it's own way on how people will judge you. That's just a characteristic that shouldn't be forced upon for people to change who they are :)

Edited by TIC321

kids should be banned from online games, they're almost worse than brazillians.

Trust me, i'm brazillian!

Edited by lipemr
  • Like 1

kids should be banned from online games, they're almost worse than brazillians.

And i'm brazillian, i know what i'm talking about.

So if I insult myself, that instantly means what I'm saying is right?

What if I said you were wrong, because I'm Welsh, and nobody likes the Welsh? Have we then created a paradox? Whereas since this automatically makes me right, it means you are wrong, which no longer makes me right, so you are right again, thus again making me right, so you are once again wrong, ad infinitum?

Edited by Rage VG

Hmmph.

Being 14--a kid-- myself I think I'd have to disagree with the majority of the posts in this topic.

kids should be banned from online games,

Why? Not every "kid" is as bad as everyone thinks.

I really do hate these discussions.

• Like 3

I generally mute everyone but the admins anyway so it doesn't really matter to me. It seems like too many people just can't shut the hell up so mute it is. lol

Hmmph.

Being 14--a kid-- myself I think I'd have to disagree with the majority of the posts in this topic.

Majority of posts, however minority of votes.

Also, you're not really a kid, to me.

I went with adult, but I think I would say mature also. I've seen my fair share of douchebag, immature, adults lol I wouldn't want to play with anyone under 18 myself in a game like this, certainly not less than 16, kid voices get annoying online. I will say, if anyone under 18 likes to play DayZ, and is good at doing so, they do get some points for that lol

DayZ is only a mod based on ArMA 2. I'm sure same age ratings apply to a Mature rated game that it does to a mod. I think it should be kept at +17 for it's description might offend some people; violence, language..

Age is only a number and your mind can act it's own way on how people will judge you. That's just a characteristic that shouldn't be forced upon for people to change who they are :)

Age restriction for ArmA 2, and every FPS for that matter is only 15 years of age in Australia

I went with adult, but I think I would say mature also. I've seen my fair share of douchebag, immature, adults lol I wouldn't want to play with anyone under 18 myself in a game like this, certainly not less than 16, kid voices get annoying online. I will say, if anyone under 18 likes to play DayZ, and is good at doing so, they do get some points for that lol

During my time as a clan leader in dayz, I was obviously also in charge of accepting new recruits. I met my fair share of annoying 14-16 year olds. But for every annoying one, I always met a cool and mature one that was good at the game.

Funny thing was. Not every adult I met here was a good person either. There was one faggot that was 28 and he would consistently tell everyone in the group how we knew nothing about life and he's experienced more in life so he knows better than us. He was also a terrible liar. Told us he was everything from a millionaire to a moderator on this forum.

People do not suddenly go from being immature to mature when they turn 18. For some it happens early, for some it never happens. I enjoy play with mature people, not just adults.

Edited by AussieStig

Told us he was everything from a millionaire to a moderator on this forum.

Haha, I had a similar experience. I was talking to someone about it on PS3 chat a while ago and they were like "Oh yeah dude, I'm really good at that game. I'm a moderator, too."

I was like "Really? I am too! Well, a Support Admin. What's your forum name?"

They were like "DUAERGH, I, uh, well... It's pretty complicated to say out loud, and, er... I kinda gotta go now..." And we never really spoke again after that.