Sign in to follow this  
kingflip

whats the deal with heli crashes, misc. crashes, care packages and so on?

I keep hearing mixed info about it and I'm not sure what to believe anymore, people have told me that they don't exist at all, some say that they are super mega extremely rare and that if I find one ill cry sweet tears of joy, others say one spawns every hour and so on. Well, I've flown around helis and drove around cars for hours on end on several different server and have yet to find a single thing. So now I'm assuming its bugged somehow. Anyone mind enlighting me to what's actually going on?

Heli crashes do exist, and they re-spawn every server restart. I've found three so far. I found a FAL and two silenced Bizons there.

Edited by colekern

Then you havent played 1.7.5 im assuming, they no longer spawn on restarr

Then you havent played 1.7.5 im assuming, they no longer spawn on restarr

I' pretty sure they do, I think they're just rarer. Like, much rarer. Took me forever to find my first.

They do spawn. We found one during the hotfix test, the test server wasnt even up for an hour yet, and we were all told to come there so we can tell the forums it does indeed work.

Thus, you now know.

Bliss/Private server versions may have some issues there, on that I cannot testify.

Hmmm then ill have to further investigate that then, thanks for the info gents!

They do spawn. We found one during the hotfix test, the test server wasnt even up for an hour yet, and we were all told to come there so we can tell the forums it does indeed work.

Thus, you now know.

Bliss/Private server versions may have some issues there, on that I cannot testify.

Some of the private servers are having issues with them. I know our server they are not spawning right now. But they do exist.

Monsters,

How should i feel

Creatures lie here

Looking trough my window

Sent from my mobile Device and now i have big ePeEn!

There are actually more choppers than before, but since they spawn at an interval it can be hard to find any depending on where you are in the server cycle. If the server just restarted there are NO chopper crashes on the map. If the server is about to go down there can be as many as 8, or possibly more for longer server cycles. So if you fly around right before the server goes down there are crashes all over, but there's a higher chance they have been looted. It really is a better system. My first chopper yesterday was a UH60, and I got an as50 and two NATO mags, then today I got one with a , ghillei, an M107, and a G36camo. So they are out there, and they still got the fattie lootz.

i dont know what servers you guys play on, but i tried again today and nothing, not to mention, today was my day off of work, so i spent alot of my time looking for these damn things, nice to know it was time wasted. I still haven't found a single one, i talked to the server admin a few days ago and he said he think it has something to do with DayZ.St

They have a very high chance of spawning at intervals of between 35, and 65 minutes.

Edited by ToddTaylor