Sign in to follow this  
_Anubis_ (DayZ)

I-have-had-enough-with-1.7.5.1 !!!

Today I committed suicide out of despair, starting to fire in an open field and waiting for the Zombies to come and do their work. I have definitively had enough of 1.7.5.1 and those idiotic glitches:

1) Wandered for miles finding crap as loot. The loot does not f***ing change no matter how much time you wait and how far away you stay and more than 50% of the spawn points are always f***ing empty. The only way to get something is to kill zombies now, which spawn behind you in building just like ghosts. At least I got some fun seeing another of those idiots run toward me from the upper floor of a barn toward the middle floor (where I was), miss completely and crumple on the floor. Thanks God for the renewed Zombie spawn system!

2) Of course also zombies loot has been ... improved. You need to kill on average 15 zombies to kind either a can of coke or canned stuff. Wow.

3) Managed after ages to get hatchet/matches/knife. After seeing nothing other than rabbits, always rabbits. finally here's an hen or something. I kill the thing with the hatchet. I look around: I am on an empty and desolated field, the little moving dots near the horizon are Zombies. I start to gut ... "YEEAHHW" !!! The horde comes, tens and tens of dots are now converging on me. F-T-W

4) Running away uphill, Zombies lost. FInd other buildings, get some food... The plan of getting game failed but at least I have enough beverage/food and a couple of water bottles, but not boiled. Well...

5) go into the forest. Far far away from any living or half-living being, cut some wood and boil dutifully the water with the idiotic tin can that I got by drinking a coke on the spot. Now I have also boiled and safe water, great.

6) Looking for game. Nothing, except for the white rabbit running merrily into the forest... I wish I had an XM214 sometimes. No way to get food in that way, back into buildings. Nothing as usual, kill zombies then. Out of despair I shoot once from the door, get 30-40 Zombies, kill ALL of them, one by one with the hatchet, all I got was 2 cans of coke and 1 of can of bean. This sucks.

7) WTF? Blood level is going down. Did I get infected? Then there are no symptoms whatsoever, I got no message visible, nothing. Temperature is still fine (it is always red, whatever it may mean), The epeen monitor says nothing useful, as usual..

8) Yes. Blood level down and down. Eating a can of food. Nothing happens. What? Now eating does not replenish blood anymore? A new feature most likely ... Eating ALL the food left (4 cans). Nothing happens. blood going down, now the drop is 100% empty.

9) I see almost nothing, the familiar grey world. I have had enough of this nonsense. Where's the nearest town? Drozhino, West of here. Here's the town, I can see a few half-idiots wandering... Let's make them happy, bless their souls. All i have is a Winchester, I doubt I will hit anything at that distance and trembling like a leaf. Who cares. Bang, the first one goes down, the horde comes

10) I keep shooting the zombies coming from the town when I suddenly realize they are also coming from behind. Why? There should be no spawn point in the wilderness... Must be another new "feature" of 1.7.5.1 to annoy players more. A zombie hits (one of the fat bastards, the ones I hate most), crack, broken legs, I go down. Dead.

11) Silence. I slowly close Arma2OA and switch to DayzCommander. 1.7.5.1 goes away, 1.7.4.4 returns.

Sorry for venting my frustration with this long and useless message.

_Anubis_

• Like 2

It sounds like you just need to work on your skills.

• Like 2

'yarding.

please don't make threads just to rant.

Rgds

LoK