Sign in to follow this  
B00tsy (DayZ)

Servers mandatory updated

The current server list is a jungle with different mods/addons and Islands. On top of that there are many servers that are running dayz on an old ArmA version that can not even be played by most players. Is there a way for the Dayz team to make server owners mandatory update them to the latest version and keep them updated? As there is no way to filter out the old server versions. If they are not up to date that they simply will not be displayed in the server list? Will save people a lot of time browsing through the server list. Might be helpful if there were some protocol for server owners/hosts that they have to obey. It will also help to keep a clean server list with only servers that are dedicated enough to keep the servers in good working order. I have the idea that a lot of the servers are runned from a home PC and just setup so that the one that is running the server can have admin rights and customize their character (and their friends) for other servers with the admin tool.

Why would you force updates on all servers? Some of us like older builds and some are required for certain other mod versions.

Forcing everyone to update will mean a lot of players may lose everything they have worked towards.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

What he said. Just because you might not like a version, doesn't mean others don't enjoy it.

Well I was talking about the public servers, not the private hives. On the servers connected to the hive you will not lose anything. And usually the latest patch means more improvements and fixes.

I think the problem with so many different versions is that nobody cares about that jungle anymore. Having an even playground for everyone like in the BF series where all servers have the same setting is quite ok imo. I sure hope they have this kind of "force to play way" in the SA to ensure equal chances to everyone.

Um.. Use DayZ Commander?

You can hide wrong versions easily. Even unofficial servers entirely.

Yeah tried the six launcher and did not like it (though handy for updating). It needs to close and open arma everytime you switch a server. I have been browsing the arma server list manually for years without problems, but the dayz list is a mess.

Don't know, maybe I am whining, but it can be annoying to find a good ping server with the right version and right GTM time and not to many people on it. Also it happens quite often that you are then finally in a server and then get kicked by BE (script restriction 44), while I do not use hacks or anything.

• Like 1

I think the problem with so many different versions is that nobody cares about that jungle anymore. Having an even playground for everyone like in the BF series where all servers have the same setting is quite ok imo. I sure hope they have this kind of "force to play way" in the SA to ensure equal chances to everyone.

I definitely hope that everyone will be playing the same version and setting on the SA when it is released and not again 10 different sub mods of it.

I definitely hope that everyone will be playing the same version and setting on the SA when it is released and not again 10 different sub mods of it.

If they really happen to rent the servers with fixed settings instead of giving the data away for people to play with which i hope doesn't happen, creativity is good but too much freedom ends in chaos. Then shutting down servers because of problematic admins is no problem and everyone will have fun playing.