leo235

buryable loot instead of tents

I wouldnt put my valuables in a tent that is seen everywhere in real life. I would take a shovel and bury them.

You could digg near cities without a guarantee that your stuff will be looted

other players could actively search for peculiar landmarks and digg for other peoples loot

scouting players to find where they digg their stuff

I dont know

Tyroggs addition: Make it a lockable box with a key

that sounds cool additionaly seperate from beeing buriable. Or as another alternative.

basically tents suck

not a bad idea, but i think constantly searching for loot in a 224 km² map would be boring...

yeah, but I think there will be spots where its likely that people will bury stuff. like at the bottom of high Landmarks and so on

I love this idea. People generally don't search for tents, they just stumble across them because they are so easy to find. Tents are so visible they hardly serve any purpose.. by the time you return to them they are already ransacked.

nice idea. it could work as a bank for you kinda. change from your M16A4 ACOG to your M24 or MP5SD. when you die at least you can run back to the box and get one of those weapons you searched so hard to find and feel a little better. But then people will say in real life when you die you cant resurect and go to your previouse life's box and loot it. Also the boxe's and tents bind to server so you will have to play on that server to get your stuff. then what happens on a server reset. you lose all your stuff. if it was kept there then over a months time there would be tjousands of boxes spread out all over the place which would lag the server? unless there was a bank for bandits and a bank for survivors. but then they would be PVP camping spots. unless you had a no PVP radius but that has been discussed and people say in real life there is no you cant kill people in this area or people will just wait outside that area to kill people

nice idea. it could work as a bank for you kinda. change from your M16A4 ACOG to your M24 or MP5SD. when you die at least you can run back to the box and get one of those weapons you searched so hard to find and feel a little better. But then people will say in real life when you die you cant resurect and go to your previouse life's box and loot it. Also the boxe's and tents bind to server so you will have to play on that server to get your stuff. then what happens on a server reset. you lose all your stuff. if it was kept there then over a months time there would be tjousands of boxes spread out all over the place which would lag the server? unless there was a bank for bandits and a bank for survivors. but then they would be PVP camping spots. unless you had a no PVP radius but that has been discussed and people say in real life there is no you cant kill people in this area or people will just wait outside that area to kill people

Everything you write also applies to tents. Just make tents invisible and placeable in smaller areas and call them "buried stuff" is my suggestion

I would appreciate it if there was a limited serverban or something to make death an actual separator from your equipment but meh. clans would still carry it to the other server I guess. So this is a slight improvement to tents.

Maybe there would be a diggmark for 5-15min...

Upon death, your box would be randomly moved somewhere else. So your new character wouldn't know where to search which is more logical.

I don't really see many reasons to have boxes included in the game, honestly the tents serve their purpose fine, sure they aren't invisible but then again that's the point, if you want to store items then you have to risk someone else taking your stuff.

If there was any reason it could be an upgrade to the current tents, boxes with a greater storage capacity that are rarer to find and take up a large chunk of inventory to carry.

I know this would be useful given our group fills tents up rapidly with ammo, food, drink, and meds so fast we end up with a massive un-organised camp site every time. Maybe boxes could be lockable so it gives players reason to find them over just setting up multiple tents aswell.

But if boxes became the norm for storage what would be the use of tents? I've mentioned like many others it'd be great if they served a purpose of a 1 time re-spawn point, so that if you die you re-spawn at your tent and destroy it but rocket seems very much against the idea despite it's popularity and I respect that, he has a vision in mind and I'm curious to see how it pulls off.

So what alternatives are there? tents could... re-gen health if you rest next to them? Keep you warm if your near them? really there isn't much else they could do. So having tents be the common storage whilst boxes are rarer larger lockable ones seems the only feasible reason and method of introducing them into play.

The whole burying equipment idea makes no sense, I mean you could just drop your gear next to a bush and go into town I mean the gear stays there for a long time you know. Having it invisible and needing to dig around for it is just a hassle for both the mod team and players.

I think the idea of burying your gear makes a lot of sense. Could make suitable boxes fairly rare and burying/digging them up require a shovel. That way tents would still be useful.

The only problem might be the fact that this would mean persistent boxes, filling up server inventory. A growing number of extra elements would eventually slow down a server, wouldn't they? Perhaps combating this issue by having the server delete any boxes not accessed within a certain period of time, like a week or two IRL time.

This would be a great addition to the game, yet I think there should be a way to spot the boxes, like a leafe pile covering up the box that is hidden underground, so you still have a chance that other people will spot it and steal stuff.

having a completely impossible to find box wouldn't be such a good idea in my opinion.

yet the boxes have to be hard to find, maybe craftable(?) like 4 piles of wood and a toolbox to make a box. then you have to get a spade to dig the box underground.

But if boxes became the norm for storage what would be the use of tents? I've mentioned like many others it'd be great if they served a purpose of a 1 time re-spawn point' date=' so that if you die you re-spawn at your tent and destroy it but rocket seems very much against the idea despite it's popularity and I respect that, he has a vision in mind and I'm curious to see how it pulls off.

The whole burying equipment idea makes no sense, I mean you could just drop your gear next to a bush and go into town I mean the gear stays there for a long time you know. Having it invisible and needing to dig around for it is just a hassle for both the mod team and players.

[/quote']

Box was just a word I used, will fix the title now. I really think the shovel alone would be sufficient. Everybody can improvise a box or a sack.

the whole burying equipment idea make GREAT sense. And is exactly what people whould do and do in fact do in real life already when theyre nuts who thing the actual apocalypse is coming. they dont put stuff in tents.

Digging could be the same hassle as opening the tent.

respawning at tents has nothing to do with it and is stupid. We should go in the other direction and make it harder/impossible to respawn with your old gear in reach.

Lockable boxes/chests are a good idea... When you are still alive.

But your new character (meaning you died) shouldn't have the key required to open it (two characters are not related). Neither should he (you?) know where it is hidden.

So, upon death, whether your chest is locked or not, it should change location so you can't find it easily.

Lockable boxes/chests are a good idea... When you are still alive.

But your new character (meaning you died) shouldn't have the key required to open it (two characters are not related). Neither should he (you?) know where it is hidden.

So' date=' upon death, whether your chest is locked or not, it should change location so you can't find it easily.

[/quote']

Yeah, But that Problem of respawning doesnt have a solution as it seems.

Locked boxed could be an additional level of noob protection. And a good safe way to barter.