pr3llox

smoking cigarettes?

will you be able to smoke cigarettes in the standalone?

please let me lean back and enjoy a pack of cigarettes!

Edited by KC Pr3lLoX

will you be able to smoke cigarettes in the standalone?

please let me lean back and enjoy a pack of cigarettes!

mmm no ... no vodka... no smokes...

mmm no ... no vodka... no smokes...

And why may I ask?

I think it would be realistic if Chernarus (in Russia) had cigarettes and vodka.... just saying

Edited by KC Pr3lLoX

it would be hilarious is a consequence of smoking was coughing fits in the middle of the night while you where stalking someone

• Like 1

I wish this were in the game.

It's an added trade off, if you decide to smoke at any point in your players life, he was addicted, until you die. So, if your player was addicted he would:

+ Have some kind of a boost, say steadier aim after he had his nicotine fix. But,

- Have erratic aim once he hit withdrawals

To even it out, I'd say:

< 15 min since last smoke = steadier aim

15 - 45 min since last smoke = normal like any other player

> 45 min since last smoke = reduced aiming (slight shakes)

This way no one is forced to smoke, but if you chose to do so it would be a risk/ trade off.

I could go into the loot, and all that shit, but there's no point in this theoretical point. Just thought I'd add my two cents.

• Like 7

I wish this were in the game.

It's an added trade off, if you decide to smoke at any point in your players life, he was addicted, until you die. So, if your player was addicted he would:

+ Have some kind of a boost, say steadier aim after he had his nicotine fix. But,

- Have erratic aim once he hit withdrawals

To even it out, I'd say:

< 15 min since last smoke = steadier aim

15 - 45 min since last smoke = normal like any other player

> 45 min since last smoke = reduced aiming (slight shakes)

This way no one is forced to smoke, but if you chose to do so it would be a risk/ trade off.

I could go into the loot, and all that shit, but there's no point in this theoretical point. Just thought I'd add my two cents.

thats a good shout i like it also think you should add my point to this because it would be hilarious

In every modern conflict cigarettes found themselves becoming a form of currency the world over. That said I don't see virtual cigarettes having much value in DayZ.

Hmmm this is a very tricky one.

Like the infected kids.

Smoking is very unhealthy for you and is socially "incorrect" at the moment.

I am a smoker and have no issue with it in or out of the game, as long as one realises the risks of hideous desease.

But many folk will not approve as well as censors not approving. For eg later editions of "the Abbey Road" album had john Lennon's Ciggie photoshopped out.

It would be a brave move for Rocket to add them, even for cosmetic reasons.

Deus Ex got away with it, but that was some time ago.

Rgds

LoK

Cigaretttes should have some positives effects in DayZ, just like in real-life.

There's a discussion about this in the forums somewhere.

I'd find it, but I can't open tabs/paste links in this browser.

The jist is, the anti-smoking lobbyists will throw a hissy-fit.

It seems with any benefit, even with balanced drawbacks, non-smokers see it as unfair. Due to the fact that non-smokers REFUSE to smoke in a game. But murdering hundreds of people is fine. <_<

• Like 2

It would be interesting to have them ingame with the aim effects someone above listed. If added it should also give the chance to get a disease from smoking also as Rocket is already adding diseases to the game.

I remember playing the mod for the first time with a friend and seeing the empty whiskey bottles. We both went on a 2 or 3 hour hunt to find a full bottle and drink it(our logic was if there was empty bottles, there must be full bottles). We were both very sad when we found out there was none. It was a good adventure though. lol.

Edited by VeNoM56k

well even if people disagree and they don't want to have it in the game because its unhealthy, unethical or some bullshit like that...

it would still be a common product found in a regular supermarket or shop so if rocket reads this, please consider of adding this feature into the game... this is at least my opinion

Edited by KC Pr3lLoX

I think it's hilarious enough to find loads of empty whisky bottles in a Eastern Bloc map.

I'm not against smoker, i tried it by myself but quit after 2 weeks, i think it's not such a bad idea but parents will think that it will consider smoking and drinking for the positive effect's and the younger audience will "maybe start smoking/drinking too in the believe to get positive effect's out of it and i don't think that this is the goal of the SA.

More like "Let me waste my time and go trough an useless animation"

If you need cigs, go smoke one in real life :D

now that could be weird, man

I think it's hilarious enough to find loads of empty whisky bottles in a Eastern Bloc map.

I'm not against smoker, i tried it by myself but quit after 2 weeks, i think it's not such a bad idea but parents will think that it will consider smoking and drinking for the positive effect's and the younger audience will "maybe start smoking/drinking too in the believe to get positive effect's out of it and i don't think that this is the goal of the SA.

I dont think that we are going to get this game rated for a younger audience so they can put smoking and drinking into game if it pleases them.

Also the mod already has morphine in it so it basically already has drugs in it.

So i think they should put the smoking and drinking in because they are already at that kinda stage of the game.

Edited by KC Pr3lLoX

I think it's ridiculous how these people pick and choose what's ok and not. Hunting down people and killing them? Sure. Cigarettes? Hell no!

Reminds me of a louis ck bit about gay marriage :

Gay: so we can't get married?

Judge: no

G: but we can fuck each other?

J: oh of course

G: but not marry?

J: ew, gross, no!

G: i can go out and blow as many guys as i want?

J: the more the marrier.

Etc...

There was a point here somewhere, but now it's coming off homophobic...

I think hypocrisy was it

• Like 1

I dont think that we are going to get this game rated for a younger audience so they can put smoking and drinking into game if it pleases them.

Also the mod already has morphine in it so it basically already has drugs in it.

So i think they should put the smoking and drinking in because they are already at that kinda stage of the game.

I think you'll find the portrayal of morphine is more medically related than anything else.

Lots of morphine in 'Private Ryan but you'd hardly call it a drug crazed romp.

I don't imagine we'll see speed or coke ingame for example.

L

I don't imagine we'll see speed or coke ingame for example.

That's a shame really, it would be quite informative if all gut and bad effects would be replicated, and the same goes for tobacco, alcohol;

yup, hypocrisy it is...

Hello there

One cannot successfully and realistically replicate effects or indeed the after effects of drugs/drink/smoke/etc in a computer game and one should not attempt to do so IMHO.

Just give us cigs. (I almost said fags, but I know what you lot are like)

Rgds

'LoK