Sign in to follow this  
MissSweeney

Who else LIKES the new update?

Also I would like to mention, while moving through some terrain I broke a leg and began bleeding. Prior to the bleeding I was at full health but after I luckily bandaged myself in time my blood meter was completely blank. I was fighting the unconsciousness every couple seconds... So, short of having a friend with a blood bag I hunted and ate 1 cow, and 3 sheep... and still didn't have full blood.

The game made some improvements and I like the fact that the Czech backpack now holds 24 slots, the game seems to run smoother, removal of peripherals (but there seems to be player peripheral dots still), needing to boil water, etc. There are some blatantly obvious flaws in some of the decisions however.

At first I found the update to be quite annoying, but it's starting to grow on me more. My brother and I were frustrated when we first tried it because we had become too accustomed to the lax zed aggro in the recent patches. However, unlike him, I had played the mod a few months before him, back in a time where zeds aggroed through buildings. I just went about the game how I used to, taking things slower and quietly, then it seemed a bit better. Although something still seems a bit off with zed aggro, I understand this is an Alpha mod and there's going to be needed tweaks. Furthermore, I find the easier zed aggro to be more annoying due to their pathing and AI still being a pain, but I know in due time it will be fixed.

• Like 1

The new patch is great. The only thing I am bummed about is that the alice pack now holds less items, and I lost all my good ammo (8 round pellets) for my shotgun. Thats what I use to kill other players when need be. I believe this was the only part of the update that was uncalled for.

- Finding less ammo and half-empty ammo loaders? good

- Imposibility to combine 2 half magazines into a full one? not so good. Actually, bad enough to make the first addon a bad one instead of a good one.

- Zombies attacking vehicles and people inside them? good, dammmn good, finally omg.

- Imposiblity to fight back from the vehicle? bad, reaally bad. (Always wondered why this isn't in ARMA 2 since the first day)

- Zombies talking to each other in a 80m radius? I consider it a too big radius but it's good after all.

- Infinite zombiespawn rendering an infinite horde never ending until you fucking die? Bad enough to make me hate this fucking addon.

- Gunshot even from a makarov atracting the attention of everything in a 2km radius?? well, Walking Dead style so I like it.

- Imposiblity to use my fists, knife or any sort of melee weapon without having to relinquish my primary weapon? fucking bad. REALLY bad. Unthinkable bad. I mean, why the fuck I cannot use an axe/knife as a third weapon?

- Cows rendering only 8 steaks? bad

- Cows rendering only 6 steaks now? WORSE. OMG, it is a fucking cow. You should be able to feed an entirely group for 2 days with a single cow. I would say about 50 steaks, and you just take what you need.

- ALICE pack only 16 slots (and in 4 hours looting today, haven't seen a single one)? good... in a manner

- Epipens, morphines, watches, matches, painkillers, compasses, maps, knifes, bandages, gun magazines (only in backpacks) and other type of tinny items not being able to stack to a limited amount of them? Well, lets say it is ironic in a backpack as big as an ALICE I could only carry 16 morphine injectors... they must be huuuuuge huh? (On the other hand, carrying 4 wheels inside one backpack is also pretty ironic)

Also, on my server all tents and vehicles went gone after the update. Server got reseted apparently, and my group had 2 camps with 10 tents each, full of endgame gear, plus 7 vehicles and a choppa. It isn't a direct fault of the Day Z update, but it still makes me hate it a little...

Not to mention the impossibility to refuel a heli and get away without it receiving any damage to the windscreens, which will make the heli leak fuel (lol). Fix this first, then add zeds breaking a heli. To add, also, the removal of peripherical white dots. Why is that? There were to compensante the lack of vision you have looking through a screen, in real life if someone moves at your side and your looking at your front, you will notice anyway. Ingame you dont, so the peripherical dots helped to compensate that.

So after thinking all day, my opinion is this isnt a good update. This halfaddons would only improve the game with the missing half, without them, I feel annoyed every step I do ingame.

However, I like the infection addons, having different meat types, boiling water, flip back ATVs and so on. Not all is bad :)

• Like 3

The new patch seems fine, but having played extensively yesterday there are some major issues.

I had a helicopter and was refueling it, but obviously zombies were attracted to the sound of the fuel. No problem, I dispatched of them quietly with a hatchet. The problem was, like 30 seconds later more Zombies showed up. So obviously the quick zombie respawn time is pretty retarded.

Secondly, I got in the helicopter to check the fuel and naturally nearby Zombies who weren't previously attracted to me, are suddenly attracted to me because I'm sitting in a helicopter without the engine on. So they begin hitting the helicopter. Again, no problem... Except any damage to the windscreens as we all know magically means you will leak fuel.

I'd just like to say that the zeds won't get interested by fueling if there's no more bars showing up on the ear emblem.

I'd just like to say that the zeds won't get interested by fueling if there's no more bars showing up on the ear emblem.

I welcome you to try it out yourself. Zombies are interested in any sounds. Direct chat, Drinking, Eating, etc. All of which I do not think give you any bars on your ear indicator. I don't mind them hearing me fuel, I mind killing 7 zombies and 7 more respawn instantly. It didn't take me long to figure out a way around it. I noticed that if I was between the helicopter and the refuel tank I could refuel/refill without moving. Zombies would come over due to the sound of the fuel, but never seemed to notice me (even though I was knelt down and 5 feet away from them). I would then dispatch of them and quickly get in the helicopter and fly off so that the instant respawns didn't come and ruin my windscreen again. A broken game mechanic only needs broken logic to combat it I guess.

I've made plenty of posts on this to be satisfied with myself yet here we are;

If the complaints are about bugs other than Zombie toughness then fine, be my guest and revert it but if peoples main qualm is Zombie toughness then they need to shake of the spoon feeding of other games and man the hell up, learn to sneak and watch zombie movements. I snuck perfectly into NEAF and NWAF yesterday and today, my main concern was being detected how ever I watched the movement of the zombies and envisioned where they would be in X amount of strides.

Doing this I perfectly entered my way into the ATC/Hangers without being noticed, now I've had the game 10 days so either I'm a gaming god or the people complaining about Zombie toughness are so used to easy looting and the forgiveness of the walking dead in Dayz and really need to be smarter players. This game is REALLY hard, if you want a more easier experience, go play Warz where the zeds stand still while you pummel their brains in with a torch.

Post I just made on Balota Buddies forum another point I'd like to make is regarding Zombies hitting windscreen glass.

SViD8aZ.jpg

Dawn of the Dead for example the Zombies 'palm' the glass instead of hitting it hard and smashing it. Game balance is obviously key and right now the Zombies breaking the glass is unbalanced and kind of taking the point away from getting cars.

They need to tone the damage down a lot, shouldn't be that hard.

• Like 1

I actually feel safer with the new zed ai because now I know that any bandit is going to have to deal with a town full of zeds when he pops a round of at me :D

Yes, that's another great thing.

You don't have people running around anymore griefing in towns and cities just because "they can".

This patch actually contributed to combating hackers and griefers.

This game is REALLY hard, if you want a more easier experience, go play Warz where the zeds stand still while you pummel their brains in with a torch.

Game isn't hard if you know what you're doing, and you don't need to sneak around either. The only reason to sneak around is to avoid detection from other players. Players generally have bad aim however, so as long as you're moving that isn't a factor either. I took a newbie to NWAF to get him a better weapon yesterday. He wanted to sneak around so we did that... Though spending an hour at NWAF sneaking around is not the best idea, especially in areas such as the hangars where you have no way of concealing yourself against players. Finally, I was like... "Look guy, we're going to change this up..." and I expedited the process.

You don't have people running around anymore griefing in towns and cities just because "they can".

Someone can still sit on a rooftop or on a hill and snipe players.

So far it seems no different to me. I experienced a total of 2 minutes of it so far. Logged in, hacker appears behind me and empties a whole lot of ammo from an infinite clip into me, I log off. Working great so far!

I fucking love the new patch.

And I hope they do more, the harder the game the better.

It's an apocalyptic survival game. It's meant to be difficult to survive.

It's SUPPOSED to make it hard for you to live, and thrive. It was never supposed to be easy, or played with a "Casual" gaming style.

I dig.

had to laugh today found a litle bird on churno airfield (very risky )

had no fue but i thought sod it ill fuel it and have a fly. 20 minutes later i got enough feul dodged any passes by which is a miracle as it is a very busy 65 man server. i take off land near stary sober and guess what zombie one hits me and kills me :lol: .

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu zombie. tbh this is how they should be B)

Edited by dgeesio

Now we have to go prone and crawl along the floor painfully slow to prevent zombies from killing you in an instant! YAY! :D I love spending half an hour just looting a couple of buildings in Electro! I also love the fact the the instant you kill a zombie another one spawns and runs back at you. And who would not love the fact that if you are in a car that you have no way to defend yourself and that every time you exit it, you have to relog to get rid of the 50+ zombies that have followed you through the entire map

How do you love the fact of an infinite horde? The instant zombie respawn is the stupidest thing in this patch, and basically kills the whole thing itself. It's so broken that I have no idea how the devs even implemented it. It's ridiculous.

[Edit: My bad, I left out half of the quote, pretend the rest of the quote is there!]

I've seen you post this onto other threads. I'm wondering, since it's only this one same thing that you keep saying in each post, have you actually tried more than once? Not meaning to sound aggressive, just curious. It's a lot harder, for sure, but it's do able. I've been finding few vehicles and good loot around a few of the cities the past few days, and since this new patch came out I have been able to continue to go into the towns to loot and repair vehicles without dying. I also make a point to take cooked meat with me when I go looting, because as you say zombies WILL find and hit you. But it doesn't have to be a death sentence It's all about planning your survival.

Yes because fresh spawns start with box of matches, hunting knife, hatchet and lots of raw meat in their backpack, lets make a beach campfire, sing, cook some meat then hit cherno...

Its so easy to talk when you hit the town with full gear...

I've found sneaking much, much easier in this patch. I've also found that the zeds will stop chasing me even if I run behind a corner and they can't see me. So I don't know what you're all talking about.

My guess is that you've been really really lucky, my zeds don't stop chasing me unless I get them stuck inside a building, gets repetitive and annoying pretty fast.

Yes because killing someone and then run to don't get swarmed is very hard...

Yes because any half competent hacker will have difficulties using the 1000 possible hacks to deal with zombie swarming...

no complaints here other then all weapons except dayz weapons were blocked, thats fine and dandy for pub servers, but no one plays those

Edited by Krihelion

i like the update.

I knwo they are working on a fix to tweak a few things so it will be interesting if this help resolve some of the player complaints

i like the update.

I knwo they are working on a fix to tweak a few things so it will be interesting if this help resolve some of the player complaints

there will always be complaints

Yes because fresh spawns start with box of matches, hunting knife, hatchet and lots of raw meat in their backpack, lets make a beach campfire, sing, cook some meat then hit cherno...

Its so easy to talk when you hit the town with full gear...

I'm not sure I get what you mean. Why would any new spawn have that stuff before they hit town? I only ever have a flashlight and a pack of painkillers and a bandage when I hit town as a new spawn, if that. There are ways of looting a town without getting killed, even if you are a new spawn with nothing. It's just harder because you have to re-learn how to avoid zombies. Loads of people posting on this topic seem to have already learned how, maybe you just need more game time.

• Like 1

I had no problems evading zombies and I didnt even changed my strategy. Run in, run out. The first day I didnt even noticed the zombie behaviour was different. I always enter a town by running, take a look at the main buildings (as Im already geared im only looking for specific stuff, like a Wheel or smth) and get the fuck out. I never stop running, after hitting the woods zombies get lost in less than 30 seconds. Easy.

If it wasn't by all the reading on this forum I wouldn't even noticed the change.

Edited by p4triot

The new update is nice i really like it :thumbsup:

However that combat roll is absolutely awful <_<

• Like 1

I love it Just wish the old bugs would be fixed and new bugs too ....

The new update sucks because a bunch of players, including me, can't play the game because of some stupid authentication error. Any patch that restricts a large number of people from playing the game they own needs some work.

I'm not sure I get what you mean. Why would any new spawn have that stuff before they hit town? I only ever have a flashlight and a pack of painkillers and a bandage when I hit town as a new spawn, if that. There are ways of looting a town without getting killed, even if you are a new spawn with nothing. It's just harder because you have to re-learn how to avoid zombies. Loads of people posting on this topic seem to have already learned how, maybe you just need more game time.

I was being sarcastic... precisely because fresh spawns start with nothing, and its impossible to sneak into any town or village without being spotted a crapton meters away just because you are crouched and stopped watching.

I mean the oddities of this game mechanics just stack and stack one after another, and everyone can argue how much they want, the way the zombie mechanics are made are just simple 80's 90's games style difficulty. Just make them plenty, faster and stronger until they are hard enough that the only way to beat is by knowing the little metagaming tricks aka exploits to some extent.

Without wanting to be harsh on the mod developers the zombie mechanics are just bad.(they of course do this for free and are limited by their knowledge and by the engine the mod runs on)

Zombie mechanics fail completely to deliver an immersible gameplay and make it just annoying, yes its tense and makes the adrenaline pump sometimes but that is only because you know that if you lose the character then you will have to run and run and run a lot to get to the point you were before.

Im so tired of getting "odd" spotted by random zombie far away and do the same always to avoid them, run to some building, run to some bushes, start over again. This game atm only have one style of playing, run run run and anyone can come here and tell they sneak into whatever place they claim to, you are either lying or you hug the ground all the time for hours, and just because you sneaked one time it doesn't prove anything,

If anyone wants to prove me wrong, then by any means, start with a fresh spawn and then try to sneak into any city, go to the hospital, the supermarket, some others, record the video and then place it on youtube.

I have tons of FPS experience, used to be a great counter strike player and I was a master in America's Army online FPS, so no, it's not lack of skill.